The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Can someone sum up what that statement actually means

It means that the EFL would rather give credence to vexatious compensation claims than run the risk of being sued themselves. In so much, they make it abundantly clear that their continued existence matters far more than that of the member clubs they claim to serve.

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Further the EFL are saying that these claims therefore need to be classified as football debts so therefore need to be lumped into the outstanding debt owed to HMRC etc. 

I'm not sure they are saying this exactly. I don't think they see themselves as saying Derby does or doesn't owe the clubs any money. They are just saying that if it is ruled that we owe them money, then that will be a footballing debt. And that therefore we can't just write down the claims, because these special 'football debt' rules kick in. 

In other words the EFL would be happy to kick a hearing about whether we owe money, and how much, down the line until after a sale - provided we paid it in full. They want us to undertake to do that, or to come up with some 'settlement' now.

But the administrators know full well they cant sell the club on that basis. And they think they shouldn't have to as a potential football debt is not the same as an actual football debt - particularly when it is based on such thin grounds. 

I think at this point we just need a hearing to decide whether we owe money or not. To decide the merits of these claims.

If the worst happens and it is ruled we do owe some money at least people will see who is really liquidating this club. 

Edited by vonwright

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

In a Nutshell, The EFL haven't the Gonads to sort this as they believe both Boro/WW are football creditors, Telling the Administrators to go to the High Court to settle Boro/WW claims.

This saga will last as long as the Mouse Trap in a London theatre

I reckon the DFS sale will end before we come out of administration.

1 minute ago, vonwright said:

I'm not sure they are saying this exactly. I don't think they see themselves as saying we do or don't owe the clubs any money. They are just saying that if it is ruled that we owe them money, then that will be a footballing debt. And that therefore we can't just write down the claims, because these special 'football debt' rules kick in. 

In other words the EFL would be happy to kick a hearing about whether we owe money, and how much, down the line until after a sale - provided we paid it in full. 

But the administrators know full well they cant sell the club on that basis. And they think they shouldn't have to as a potential football debt is not the same as an actual football debt - particularly when it is based on such thin grounds. 

I think at this point we just need a hearing to decide whether we owe money or not. To decide the merits of these claims.

If the worst happens and it is ruled we do owe some money at least people will see who is really liquidating this club. 

Who would rule though that we do owe Boro and Wycombe money?

That's the bit I can't grasp. And why haven't we got to that point yet if we are so confident that their claims are spurious. 

14 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Can someone sum up what that statement actually means

Basically F@@k off Administrators / Derby !!

The Administrators must immediately file claims against the referee for not sending Grabben off the other week or not giving the clear penalty in the home game. Every game should now be analysed and claims made for wrong doing's.

Mind you Norwich I believe are claiming because we switched the lights off a couple of years ago to stop them winning and Florist are suing us something to do with a coffee cup being on the pitch.

If it wasn't so serious it would be a scream !!   Total abdication by the EFL. Everyone ought to sue where does it end ??

Parties who should be in the room:

Quantuma, EFL, rep from MFC, rep from WW, impartial mediator/chair (e.g. the MPs)

bidders? not in control of dcfc.

creditors? they are represented by quantuma and their agreements are with Q.

annoyed as ? at the latest.

It's a bit like the gibson open letter demending to know information that is obviously confidential between other parties.

19 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

They are both “claims” not debts. We haven’t been tried or tested and therefore the EFL need to behave accordingly. They cannot be the judge, jury and executioner. It’s about time the EFL were taken to task by either professionals or an organisation with financial and legal qualifications.

Lets take this all the way to court and then when they’ve all finished pissing themselves at the ridiculous manner of this obvious vendetta and the attempts behind these spurious claims. We then sue the bar stewards right back for restrictive practices and falling foul of anti competition law. 

The EFL should be disbanded end by of

This.

My thoughts exactly. Unlike their spurious claims, we will have legitimate grounds to sue…being put in the position of not being able to bring in players, having to transfer out our best young players, Shinnie and Jags; and more likely relegated.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Parties who should be in the room:

Quantuma, EFL, rep from MFC, rep from WW, impartial mediator/chair (e.g. the MPs)

bidders? not in control of dcfc.

creditors? they are represented by quantuma and their agreements are with Q.

annoyed as ? at the latest.

It's a bit like the gibson open letter demending to know information that is obviously confidential between other parties.

Exactly that. It’s almost like Gibson dictated the efl statement

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So the EFL believe the claims should be classed as football debt, did I read that right? So literally any number that WW or MFC plucked out of their heads, we’d have to pay? 

I read it as yes, they are football debt and secondly, maybe EFL prefer it negotiates. Whichever way, it’s a farce and we need action now before it’s too late. Derby killed by EFL Boro and Wycombe.