The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wonder if we’ll ever find out who Andy and Barry are, and more importantly whether they ever did know anything of genuine substance ? 

Thought it was common knowledge who Andy is.

& Isn’t Barry from Rolls Royce haha

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I was pretty sure the scheme to put a roof on pride park and use it for events during the football season was more a ploy to increase the valuation prior to selling the stadium than an actual plan to "put a roof on pride park....."

The independent valuers didn't consider potential plans for the stadium.

The closest to that was the design intent of the stadium to allow possible expansion to 44k capacity.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think we will see some movement once the outcome of the arbitration process is complete and the bidders know where they stand. One way or another ??

Does anyone have any idea when that process takes place ?. Until then the club continues to sink into the Chaddesden sidings mud. It will be dug up by archaeological experts years from now and exhibits put in the museum next to the Roman remains from the Racecourse.

In particular - this bit stuck out:

For the avoidance of any doubt the EFL is requesting the attendance of Administrators and the following stakeholders to participate: the current highest bidder(s), Middlesbrough FC, Wycombe Wanderers FC, Mel Morris, MSD Partners and HMRC. 

Get everyone in one room, and get on with it. A month too late.

Also, this:

In this case, Derby County is seeking to use insolvency legislation to avoid having to defend the claims of Middlesbrough FC (which commenced initially in January 2021) and Wycombe Wanderers FC. Derby County considers those claims should not be treated as football related debts and that it would be wrong for the EFL to require the Club to have to continue to defend the claims as a condition of continuing membership in circumstances where they have been compromised by way of a restructuring plan. The EFL does not agree with that analysis.

So, does this mean that EFL policy, outdated though it may be, trumps insolvency legislation? Feels a pretty dangerous line for the EFL to tread, in my (albeit unqualified) opinion...

Edited by Animal is a Ram

How strange it is that not a single agency or individual has even had the courtesy, decency or just basic human understanding, to tell DCFC supporters,:-

1 What is being arbitrated?

2 Which process is being followed

3 Has it started

4 When will it be included

I just cannot comprehend how, collectively, they cannot see how important this would be to supporters.

Where were they on Sunday? The Moon?

5 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So the EFL believe the claims should be classed as football debt, did I read that right? So literally any number that WW or MFC plucked out of their heads, we’d have to pay? 

Quite a few coming to that conclusion. Don't know how much of that is reading a little too far between the lines though.