The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Indy said:

I know. First I have to like Andrew Bridgen, now this!?

Andrew Bridgen went a long way towards saving my sanity (and perhaps more) a decade or more ago.

I had had swine flu, and was seriously incapacitated. I couldn't walk upstairs, was sleeping on a mattress in the lounge, could only walk about 10 yards with two sticks without stopping because of the most excruciating pain, was waiting for two separate operations and couldn't have either until I had been clear of thrombosis for 6 months (I was being weaned off anticoagulants).

The ATOS 'doctor' had reported back to DWP that I could walk unaided for 100 yards and that I was fit to return to work, so they stopped my disability benefits (unbeknown to them, I had recorded the entire interview with ATOS and was therefore in a position to compare what was said to what was reported).

I appealed the decision, and the appeal was rejected.

I forwarded all the details on to Andrew Bridgen, including a full transcript of my (highly illegal) recording of the ATOS process. He sent two of his parliamentary aides to my home, visited my GP and told me that he would take up my case. Within two weeks, the DWP had reversed their decision, I got my payments reinstated, including for the weeks they had stopped them.

I will still never vote for him though (OK, I did once, but only because there was a kipper standing as well).

Edited by Eddie

The pressure continues to build.

If I were the administrators, and if I knew one of the bidders (Rich Riley) were prepared to step in, I’d push it right to the wire and refuse to come to a settlement until the very last minute. Really test the EFL’s, Boro’s and Wycombe’s nerve. See how willing they are to be seen as football’s biggest villains.

47 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The pressure continues to build.

If I were the administrators, and if I knew one of the bidders (Rich Riley) were prepared to step in, I’d push it right to the wire and refuse to come to a settlement until the very last minute. Really test the EFL’s, Boro’s and Wycombe’s nerve. See how willing they are to be seen as football’s biggest villains.

Agreed take it right to the wire - the EFL & pube head are wobbling already. Keep up the pressure and momentum for another 10 days up to the end of the month & they will buckle. If the Admins confirm details of funding to end of season too soon the pressure will subside on & give EFL & pube head chance to regroup again, strengthening their resolve.

Keep the pressure on - the spineless buffoons will break.... 

Edited by Cool As Custard

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Need to go on daily mail website (yes i know) and like all the sensible comments and dislike others. Dont have to sign up or anything. And show us in a good light with any comments when we are winning PR battle. Dont lower ourselves to their level

I totally agree, there are too many smoggies on there giving red thumbs to comments supporting the article. We need to turn the tide.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10424221/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Middlesbrough-Wycombes-lawsuits-Derby-based-fantasy-seasons.html

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Rich Riley looks to have limited funds, essentially a very successful CEO within the tech industry, but not with anything that he's created, ala King Games, which leads me to believe he's a very well paid employee - usually a long way off what's required to run a multi-million pound football club, without considering the insanely high level of debt hanging over the club. 

I just hope, if he does put the money in, that he isn't over-stretching himself where it becomes quickly obvious that it's going to deplete his life savings and means we're just kicking the can down the road. 

Ffs !

Let’s just enjoy the moment, he won’t be shoving his last £7million on the table for a club and city he’s never been to.

7 minutes ago, DcfcMatt said:

I totally agree, there are too many smoggies on there giving red thumbs to comments supporting the article. We need to turn the tide.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10424221/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Middlesbrough-Wycombes-lawsuits-Derby-based-fantasy-seasons.html

I've just read this article, I don't normally believe much that comes from the Daily Mail, but this article by Martin Samuel is brilliant and has needed to be put out there by the media for some time. What we need now is for more of the mainstream media, like Sky and the BBC to run with this and show up Boro and WW for what they are.

Some eye catching things from the fans meeting yesterday with q :

MM has put  in writing his agreement to sell the stadium 

MSD seems to be max-ed out in terms of their funding. They are obviously reluctant to lend more for fear of not being repaid on a liquidation 

EFL is currently withholding payment of our ordinary TV revenue 

MM not charging ongoing  rent for stadium 

club running costs 1.25-1.75 m per month

there is not certainty that Jan wages will be paid 

paying M and W off even if a deal is agreed is not simple because the admins are advised the claims are rubbish. So their duties to (real )creditors call into question any decision to pay off Gibbo. Anyway the current bids on the table won’t fund material payments to M and W 

EFl is putting pressure on admins to sell players 

it’s suggested all bidders will continue cat 1 investment in the academy

Edited by kevinhectoring

50 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Agreed take it right to the wire - the EFL & pube head are wobbling already. Keep up the pressure and momentum for another 10 days up to the end of the month & they will buckle. If the Admins confirm details of funding to end of season too soon the pressure will subside on & give EFL & pube head chance to regroup again, strengthening their resolve.

Keep the pressure on - the spineless buffoons will break.... 

No. 
Settle the end of season payment straight away, embargoes lifted, give Rooney a week in the transfer market, three or four cracking loan deals, twenty match unbeaten run, dozen Championship clubs docked points thro FFP, sneak into the play-offs, victory over Forest at Wembley, mega bucks premier league, pay Boro off with a skip load of fifty pence pieces, job sorted, can’t think what all the fuss is about!

I must stop eating them cheese straws before I go to bed

…………….don’t half have some weird dreams me!

23 minutes ago, DcfcMatt said:

Think you may be over estimating the ability of the good folk of Middlesbrough to read

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

paying M and W off even if a deal is agreed is not simple because the admins are advised the claims are rubbish. So their duties to (real )creditors call into question any decision to pay off Gibbo. Anyway the current bids on the table won’t fund material payments to M and W 

This point is highly significant. As I've been telling nobheads on Twitter for some time now, Quantuma owe a greater duty to established creditors than unproven claims that haven't been tested in Court or Arbitration. Those who blather on about "just settle those claims and a takeover can proceed" need to understand this. 

15 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've just read this article, I don't normally believe much that comes from the Daily Mail, but this article by Martin Samuel is brilliant and has needed to be put out there by the media for some time. What we need now is for more of the mainstream media, like Sky and the BBC to run with this and show up Boro and WW for what they are.

Need everyone to retweet it . Let’s get it to the top 10000 should do it