The Administration Thread

Boycie

24 minutes ago, twelveincher said:

I’m absolutely astounded that we are getting some positivity from The Daily Mail, never though I’d see the day ??????

24 minutes ago, twelveincher said:

I'm also slightly disturbed that a 12 incher on the internet has just given me so much pleasure. 

4 hours ago, hiltonram said:

It would help if other clubs could write to the EFL in support of us as the efl say they want to keep the 72 happy.

Come on other clubs show us your support. We need it.

To my knowledge this is the first time isn’t it that two member clubs have sought compensation for FFP/P&S abuses from another member club? If the claims do proceed to compensation being awarded, and/or ultimately bringing our Club to a close, then a very big precedent has been established. This seems like a watershed moment. You would think that there should be an extraordinary general meeting called in which all 72 member clubs are briefed as to the position, and a vote should be taken as to whether the membership are supportive of such actions being taken. They all should be aware that they might be next in the money merry-go-round, and that once the compensation box is open that each season thereafter multiple claims are likely to arise. I think that would focus a few minds if it was put to an extraordinary membership vote.

19 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’m absolutely astounded that we are getting some positivity from The Daily Mail, never though I’d see the day ??????

Martin Samuel is one of the very best sport’s writers in the business. I’ve passed comment on this before but some people conflict the perceived historical editorial stance of newspapers with some of their writers. If you read any of the new outlets front to back you will usually find something well constructed that you can respect, even if you don’t necessarily agree with it. Interestingly enough the current Mail editorial is very anti in regards to the current government and are in full regicide mode, but this isn't likely  to be recognised above people’s tribal views on left and right. 

Edited by Orphanram

45 minutes ago, twelveincher said:

As you say finally. This is perfect - makes them all look ridiculous particularly the insistence of a pref bidder while this hangs over us. Totally bulldozes through the pious coordinated statements of the dark side. I love this article. Someone needs to start the comments though! Not reading another word. 

Intersted to see who the third party is, we assume not CK after his twitter tantrum just before christmas.

Either the Carslie thing or Gadsby.

Seemed to think for some reason Gadsby was a "not really keen but would not let DCFC die if nothing else can work" kind of interest and the Carlisle investment thing was not in the numbers likely to succeed - presumably if either are back they've got something in the same ball park as Appleby and Ashley.