The Administration Thread

Boycie

I’d be intrigued to know the stance of other football clubs in the Championship on this.

For example from 2017-2021 Reading breached FFP, in the 17/18 season they stayed up by 3 points at the expense of Barnsley and Burton. This has as much merit as Wycombe’s claim, so why not ask Barnsley and Burton why they aren’t trying to do the same to Reading?

I guarantee that if Boro and Wycombe are successful in any way, then Burton and Barnsley will be making claims.

It’s a can of worms…

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

As I understand it - this hasn't just been prepared for, it was actively proposed, but shut down due to the EFL not ruling on whether the claims by MFC and WWFC are football debts or not.

If they rule 'in favour' of those two, we're finished. Nobody will taken on that risk.

If they rule 'in favour' of DCFC, we're saved, but at the anger of MFC and WWFC who would, given their seemingly nuclear stance, probably attack the EFL and then the new owners again for good measure.

As David has shared on his excellent post, I believe the definition of a Football Editor is well covered in the EFL's Articles. I think they are going to struggle to stand up the MFC and WWFC current claims as anything other than potential liabilities.

I appreciate this might just kick the can down the road in facing future claims, but it gets the club past the Feb 1st hurdle.

Leader of the council Chris Poulter said in a radio interview that the admins are confident they can evidence the means and finances to finish the season to the EFL, if true that’s a positive to have come from the meeting today 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bj30xh

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But they assumes they'll go forward when there are the B&W claims, and we know they won't.

The question was "what happens if they're not football creditors". If that's the case, and if the claims get quashed out of existence when we leave admin, then it's fine.

If there's the possibility of them just opening new claims against us after we leave admin, even if we're technically a completely different company that just happens to have the DCFC name and golden share, then we may as well give up now.

31 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don’t forget Hosking could also be calling their bluff. I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of a bidder eventually offering extra cash to come to a compromise (as painful as that would be).

Could be this - dangerous game to play but could be a bid to force their hand. My only concern that this isn’t their hand is that if it was, why didn’t they make sure the EFL and boro collusion was more commonly known until now? Or are we thinking they didn’t know it would actually be a sticking point until last Friday? 

3 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

MY personal belief is that the Council will help fund till the end of the season, nothing Chris Poulter says contradicts that hypothesis

If what Mr Poulter said about the admins confidence in evidencing the funding until season end is true that at least buys us more time than the start of Feb to resolve the larger mess

5 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Could be this - dangerous game to play but could be a bid to force their hand. My only concern that this isn’t their hand is that if it was, why didn’t they make sure the EFL and boro collusion was more commonly known until now? Or are we thinking they didn’t know it would actually be a sticking point until last Friday? 

Maybe they're crap at PR. Who knows.

What matters now is that it's finally been made public. I'm just praying the dominoes start to fall soon.

33 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Option 5. One of the alleged interested parties to think “stuff it, this club is clearly worth rescuing”, ride to the rescue and take the chance of seeing MFC/WWFC in court…. However unlikely that may be 

Option 6: get all parties around the table and find out exactly what it’s going to take to resolve.

51 minutes ago, LN747 said:

EFL are being shown to be more and more inept by the second - i highly doubt if any of those grey suits at headquarters  have a clue what's going on around them other than realising they have cocked up and their fat celerys are going to end one day soon - surely their time has to be up - they are so amateur...

Well don’t laugh A number of those at the EFL involved in this will be hoping for a job at the new regulator in due course.     and following yesterday’s debate will be determined to fix this for us 

Labour MP Tony Perkins sounds really down after talking to Administrators.

Thinks EFL have put Boro claim on Derby rather than the EFL and wants to put this to EFL. 
Administrators saying bids won’t go ahead until Boro and Wycombe have been dealt with as not enough money effectively after other debts sorted. 
He has just been interviewed by Sally Pepper on RD 

16 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I’d be intrigued to know the stance of other football clubs in the Championship on this.

For example from 2017-2021 Reading breached FFP, in the 17/18 season they stayed up by 3 points at the expense of Barnsley and Burton. This has as much merit as Wycombe’s claim, so why not ask Barnsley and Burton why they aren’t trying to do the same to Reading?

I guarantee that if Boro and Wycombe are successful in any way, then Burton and Barnsley will be making claims.

It’s a can of worms…

I think it’s more about when points deductions resulting from ffp are applied and if they were done at the time they would have changed any League positions 

If reading’s  ffp breach should have resulted in points deduction  in that season bug was delayed then other clubs could claim as per Wycombe

Just listened to Ed Dawes on Radio Derby and the future is looking bleak indeed. Meeting between Toby Perkins and the administrators. Toby says that the EFL have put Derby in the firing line to avoid themselves being put in the firing line as they were going to be sued by Gibson if they didn't take action against Derby. Feel very sad and pessimistic now about anyone buying us. Toby is very concerned indeed about our future. Worrying news that the legal costs of the parasites couldn't possibly be covered by the sale of players. So many facts that I feel too sad and confused to list them all. But I'm sure you'll all be able to find the details soon. Sorry. I'm usually quite optimistic but this has thrown me into panic mode. Listen in to sports scene at 6pm. As someone just said on RD, How can this be fair and just?

Any positive comments will help at the moment.

Hugs to all. X

Edited by Miggins