The Administration Thread

Boycie

Isn't it great how the conversation has changed over the last 72 hours? Thanks to the valiant call-to-arms of some heroic Rams fans the noise generated has been spectacular.

MPs, media doyennes, City of Derby leaders and 40,000 fans have put their shoulders to the wheel and turned the discussion on its head.

Now it's not (all) about how naughty Derby County are; it's about shining a spotlight on what is fair and appropriate.

Well done to all involved.

Just now, StarterForTen said:

Isn't it great how the conversation has changed over the last 72 hours? Thanks to the valiant call-to-arms of some heroic Rams fans the noise generated has been spectacular.

MPs, media doyennes, City of Derby leaders and 40,000 fans have put their shoulders to the wheel and turned the discussion on its head.

Now it's not (all) about how naughty Derby County are; it's about shining a spotlight on what is fair and appropriate.

Yes, good positive action, not swearing and general verbal and (threatened) physical abuse.

We need to keep as many people as possible onside for this fight.

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

Was thinking the same. Up until Friday, it felt like no-one outside of this forum particularly cared if Derby County existed or not. Getting a wider understanding for all football fans, and even the general public, of what is happening is a massive boost. 

13 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Awesome. Bet they start with some polite tutting, and if things get really bad, maybe even a strongly worded letter.

I can assure you that is definitely not the way John does things! My money is on him demanding a face to face meeting with the EFL where he will have them explain themselves to a group of business leaders from major Derby employers, with a prepared reply that leaves them in no doubt about the importance of the club to the people, employers and economy of the city.

Go on John!

5 minutes ago, Ramewe said:

This is exactly what it is. 

The EFL are not interested in helping us because they don't thin we have been punished enough yet. Simple. Why haven't we sold players? Perhaps because in a world where the EFL do their jobs properly we get taken over in good enough time and don't need to. They are currently doing everything they can to make sure that doesn't happen.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

DerbyAVENGERS....Assemble. What a 24 hours folks, the unity, the support, I'm feeling absolutely galavanised by what I have read today. We should all give ourselves a friendly punch in the shoulder and acknowledge, 'we gonna be alright boys, other people know now'.... Lets kick on ! 

1 minute ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I can assure you that is definitely not the way John does things! My money is on him demanding a face to face meeting with the EFL where he will have them explain themselves to a group of business leaders from major Derby employers, with a prepared reply that leaves them in no doubt about the importance of the club to the people, employers and economy of the city.

Go on John!

Obviously I’m being slightly facetious, but while it’s great they’re all getting involved, I don’t see what they can actually do. A face to face meeting with the EFL is just going to result in the EFL agreeing it’s a big club in a nice city, and then telling them we need to follow the rules like everyone else.

Stuff that’s potentially going to make an actual difference is things like MPs threatening a formal review of the EFL, a high court judge politely explaining that they need to comply with the law of the land, or a lawyer from HMRC explaining to Rick Parry that it would be ever so sad if they didn’t get their money, and they really wouldn’t want to, but they might just have to audit the EFL where the sun don’t shine.

6 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Go on John!

I agree and said as much yesterday.

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Stuff that’s potentially going to make an actual difference is things like MPs threatening a formal review of the EFL, a high court judge politely explaining that they need to comply with the law of the land, or a lawyer from HMRC explaining to Rick Parry that it would be ever so sad if they didn’t get their money, and they really wouldn’t want to, but they might just have to audit the EFL where the sun don’t shine.

And who do you think will push the MPs to do that? That's what the Team can do.

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

Fair enough, but that’s hopefully already happening, given the number of local MPs that were demanding meetings etc yesterday (and obviously MPs would never lie to their constituents ?).

Not going to get it done in one push though, will need constant shoving. So the more the better.

20 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Seems like the whole city is uniting together now to fight this, just shows what this club means to us all.

Its bloody brilliant and not ashamed to say I got emotional reading all the rallying cries of support and action from Friday onwards.

Do do I but please please everyone do not break the law or we will loose this momentum