The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Bobby said:

You can’t sue QPR it was over r6 years ago so out of time.

2018 was the agreement so not sure about that.  Think it can be up to 10 years regardless based on precedent. Seems we now have one. Not that I'm arsed unless we have to send on Gibsons bill.  

You benefitted when the EFL thought more like this 

EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey said: "In agreeing to the settlement above, the board was conscious that the financial burden placed on the club had to be manageable

If anyone is not already hacked off enough about this, just remember why all of this is happening to us.

It's happening in the name of sustainability you see. Profit and sustainability rules in the Football League ensure a level playing field where the integrity of the league is upheld and clubs don't get liquidated.

That's sustainability baby

The perfect system. Can't forsee any faults with it. I understand now that this is for our own good. They're going to stop us from liquidating ourselves by liquidating us.

I'm so glad that instead of being taken over by someone who might overspend to try and get promoted,  but fail and leave us with massive debts, we had Mel Morris.

And I'm so glad that the EFL stepped in to check that we had enough funds to see through the season before allowing a takeover. And I'm glad that when they found that we didn't have enough to make it through the season, they made us sustainable by ensuring we wouldn't make it through the month.

I feel so protected right now

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Thanks David.

That's as strongly worded a statement from the admin team as you could possible expect.

Anyone in any doubt about the source of our current problems  cannot be in any doubt now. Historic rooster ups by you know who of course  but the one thing that Morris  was absolutely bang on the money about is that the EFL are total duck jobs.   

Sorry to fart in the forum but face the music:

EFL have been advised  that the claims - if successful - are claims by football creditors  So they need to be satisfied in full 

They have also obviously been advised that under their rules, if claims are ‘compressed’ by court order, they are not satisfied in full. Not a surprising conclusion in the slightest

Q have expensively -ucked  this up because they and their expensive advisers assumed that they can blithely turn up at the key meeting with EFL and say (as reported by @Unlucky Alf) ‘don’t bother about the 2 claims they are rubbish’. WE KNOW THEY ARE RUBBISH. WE ALSO KNOW THE EFL WILL NEVER ADJUDICATE ON WHETHER THEY'RE RUBBISH

There are ways of structuring around these claims I believe. It’s not simple. It requires MM to agree to cover the claims in full (big deal, there’s nothing in them)   The problem is, Q needed to be focusing on that MONTHS AGO instead of proceeding without plan B, instead of assuming that Gibson is not the embodiment of evil 

DONT BE FOOLED BY THIS STATEMENT WHICH IS INTENDED TO INCITE HATRED AGAINST THE EFL. Q HAVE MESSED IT UP

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

The EFL have destroyed the integrity of the division. Whether it’s:

- The EFL force us into relegation by restricting our squad.

- we liquidate the club

They have set a chain of events in motion.

This season all results against our team can be bought into question by any club, as EFL are forcing our club to put out an increasingly depleted team.

They have also opened the door to legal challenges when clubs don’t like final standings.

The division is dead in the water!

Imagine the scenario that Boro are needing to overhaul QPR, near seasons end. We have an “injury crisis” in mid April, having to field a team of youngsters. It actually could happen!

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Imagine the scenario that Boro are needing to overhaul QPR, near seasons end. We have an “injury crisis” in mid April, having to field a team of youngsters. It actually could happen!

As soon as relegation is confirmed I’d start throwing games in protest, show them up as the morons they are. What’s the worst they could do? It would be the best protest this club could do. Randomly losing 8-0 to help a club into the playoffs, letting a team win so they stay up and another gets relegated. All because the EFL are incompetent. I’d rather have Boris in charge of the EFL. They’ve been useless for years, if nothing changes then it will only get worse.

15 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I honestly believe the administrators think they would have been in a position to name a preferred bidder by now so funding for the foreseeable would not have been an issue.

It seems they are in a position.  The other position was trust the EFL.  That was a mistake.  All these creditors with agreed payment plans will be delighted.  I wait in anticipation how they deal with this hold up.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Remember what they told you in school kids, Wikipedia isn’t always right…

Though in this case, it’s absolutely accurate

As a 29 year old father of 3 I can’t believe someone would stoop so low to put that on Wikipedia… although I completely agree with them and am ITK that they were annoyed it was changed so quickly. ?

16 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Someone doesn’t like gibson ?

49A31648-3865-4BAD-AEB5-23295A0C8E90.jpeg

Good but short lived my friend. They've reversed your edit.

Revision as of 22:55, 14 January 2022

1,785 BYTES REMOVED,  16 MINUTES AGO

Added content

}}

'''Stephen Gibson''' {{post-nominals|country=GBR|OBE}} (born 9 January 1958) is a British entrepreneur and the chairman and owner of [[Middlesbrough F.C.|Middlesbrough Football Club]]. He’s best known for being a spiteful pubic haired ********.

'''Stephen Gibson''' {{post-nominals|country=GBR|OBE}} (born 9 January 1958) is a British entrepreneur and the chairman and owner of [[Middlesbrough F.C.|Middlesbrough Football Club]]. In May 2020, he was listed 481st on the ''[[Sunday Times Rich List]]'', with a net worth of £270&nbsp;million.<ref>{{cite web|url=http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2012/04/27/boro-chairman-steve-gibson-s-fortune-past-165m-84229-30851657|title=Boro chairman Steve Gibson's fortune past £165m|first=Sophie|last=Barley|date=27 April 2012|publisher=gazettelive.co.uk}}</ref><ref>{{Cite web|url=https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/teessides-wealthiest-named-north-east-16249090|title=Steve Gibson Net Worth|last=M|first=Paula|date=2019|website=teesside live|url-status=live|archive-url=|archive-date=|access-date=}}</ref><ref>{{Cite web|title=Teesside Rich List|url=https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/money-teessides-wealthiest-see-fortunes-18264499|last=|first=|date=|website=|url-status=live|archive-url=|archive-date=|access-date=}}</ref>

Gibson was born in [[Middlesbrough]] and raised in the [[Park End, Middlesbrough|Park End]] area of the town. Raised Catholic, he attended local schools, St Pius X Primary and [[St Mary's College, Middlesbrough|St Mary's College.]] In 1979, he became Middlesbrough's youngest ever [[Labour Party (UK)|Labour]] councillor, being elected to represent Park End at age 21.<ref>{{cite web|last1=Westcott|first1=Matt|title=Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson receives OBE from Prince William|url=http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14882634.Middlesbrough_chairman_Steve_Gibson_receives_OBE_from_Prince_William/|publisher=dailyecho.co.uk|accessdate=29 March 2017}}</ref> He is the uncle of Norwich defender [[Ben Gibson (footballer)|Ben Gibson]].<ref>{{cite news|url=https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/06/football-transfer-rumours|title=Football transfer rumours: Jordan Henderson to Chelsea?|first=Barry|last=Glendenning|date=6 April 2015|work=The Guardian}}</ref>

==Bulkhaul Limited==

Ramslad1992

3 minutes ago, Ramtastic ones said:

Good but short lived my friend. They've reversed your edit.

Revision as of 22:55, 14 January 2022

1,785 BYTES REMOVED,  16 MINUTES AGO

Added content

}}

'''Stephen Gibson''' {{post-nominals|country=GBR|OBE}} (born 9 January 1958) is a British entrepreneur and the chairman and owner of [[Middlesbrough F.C.|Middlesbrough Football Club]]. He’s best known for being a spiteful pubic haired ********.

'''Stephen Gibson''' {{post-nominals|country=GBR|OBE}} (born 9 January 1958) is a British entrepreneur and the chairman and owner of [[Middlesbrough F.C.|Middlesbrough Football Club]]. In May 2020, he was listed 481st on the ''[[Sunday Times Rich List]]'', with a net worth of £270&nbsp;million.<ref>{{cite web|url=http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2012/04/27/boro-chairman-steve-gibson-s-fortune-past-165m-84229-30851657|title=Boro chairman Steve Gibson's fortune past £165m|first=Sophie|last=Barley|date=27 April 2012|publisher=gazettelive.co.uk}}</ref><ref>{{Cite web|url=https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/teessides-wealthiest-named-north-east-16249090|title=Steve Gibson Net Worth|last=M|first=Paula|date=2019|website=teesside live|url-status=live|archive-url=|archive-date=|access-date=}}</ref><ref>{{Cite web|title=Teesside Rich List|url=https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/money-teessides-wealthiest-see-fortunes-18264499|last=|first=|date=|website=|url-status=live|archive-url=|archive-date=|access-date=}}</ref>

Gibson was born in [[Middlesbrough]] and raised in the [[Park End, Middlesbrough|Park End]] area of the town. Raised Catholic, he attended local schools, St Pius X Primary and [[St Mary's College, Middlesbrough|St Mary's College.]] In 1979, he became Middlesbrough's youngest ever [[Labour Party (UK)|Labour]] councillor, being elected to represent Park End at age 21.<ref>{{cite web|last1=Westcott|first1=Matt|title=Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson receives OBE from Prince William|url=http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14882634.Middlesbrough_chairman_Steve_Gibson_receives_OBE_from_Prince_William/|publisher=dailyecho.co.uk|accessdate=29 March 2017}}</ref> He is the uncle of Norwich defender [[Ben Gibson (footballer)|Ben Gibson]].<ref>{{cite news|url=https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/06/football-transfer-rumours|title=Football transfer rumours: Jordan Henderson to Chelsea?|first=Barry|last=Glendenning|date=6 April 2015|work=The Guardian}}</ref>

==Bulkhaul Limited==

Ramslad1992

Don’t know what you’re on about ? he is though isn’t he… 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If Q have messed up what have the EFL done? 

Until we went into admin the EFL allowed Gibson and his henchmen to ride over us roughshod. Since then they have realised they are in the firing line. So instead of showing the leadership we need, they have focused on the rules and on covering their own backsides.

Quantuma’s statement is disingenuous and designed to make us conclude the EFl is to blame. THEY HAD NO PLAN B ! SCHOOLBOY ERROR 

If it’s a free for all why don’t some other clubs join the party. WBA were a bit cheesed off that at least one penalty decision didn’t go their way in the play off final….60 mill ? Then Brighton were a bit unfortunate in the first leg of the play off semi final, the Martin shot that rebounded off their keeper…that was a bit lucky and not very nice…..only the semi final so maybe just….er…....pluck a figure out of thin air…um…..say 30 mill ?. Then finally of course there is the Dirties….1-0 up from the away league….and we go and bring bleedin Jack Marriott on…their keeper ballses up and Jack scores twice. Can’t be having that…..35 mill ? Any other takers…..

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Quantuma’s statement is disingenuous and designed to make us conclude the EFl is to blame. THEY HAD NO PLAN B ! SCHOOLBOY ERROR 

So was it in Quantuma’s sole gift to bring about a settlement to the Middlesborough and Wycombe claims? (which is what the EFL seem to be claiming is the sticking point). 

I don't mean cave in and pay, but properly settle. 

What have they not done that they should have? 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Until we went into admin the EFL allowed Gibson and his henchmen to ride over us roughshod. Since then they have realised they are in the firing line. So instead of showing the leadership we need, they have focused on the rules and on covering their own backsides.

Owen Bradley tweeted that the EFL had moved the goalposts so the Administrators were completely blindsided by their new demands.

I said the other day that it's the unknown unknowns that were killing us and the EFL keep coming up with them. 

13 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

As soon as relegation is confirmed I’d start throwing games in protest, show them up as the morons they are. What’s the worst they could do? It would be the best protest this club could do. Randomly losing 8-0 to help a club into the playoffs, letting a team win so they stay up and another gets relegated. All because the EFL are incompetent. I’d rather have Boris in charge of the EFL. They’ve been useless for years, if nothing changes then it will only get worse.

Be terrible if Boro needed us to get points to stop someone getting 6th place.  Practically unbelievable both our goalies got injured in the first 5 minutes.  Almost as unbelievable as Wycombe winning by 3 against Boro last game of the season but not quite.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Be terrible if Boro needed us to get points to stop someone getting 6th place.  Practically unbelievable both our goalies got injured in the first 5 minutes.  Almost as unbelievable as Wycombe winning by 3 against Boro last game of the season but not quite.

That would be karma… I’d happily see us score 25 own goals. If we get relegated (a good probability now) it won’t be because of on field play but because of the clueless useless EFL. The second relegation is mathematically certain I say we should do whatever. Play Curtis in goal, stick Plange at centre back. Show the EFL that the ONLY reason we are down is because of their own doing and the results afterwards will open a can of worms for them. 

im guessing there’s no football rules saying you can’t play a goalkeeper as a striker? Or a midfielder as a goalkeeper?

one we are down throw everything game to bring the game into disrepute, it will be all the EFL’s making and will cause all kinds of crap for them. They deserve it.