The Administration Thread

Boycie

22 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Well. What a poo day this has been for the staff, players and fans.

'Speeding' fine today on top of it all for doing 34 in a 30 mph area.(Only my second in 43 years) Life sucks sometimes. Good luck, Jags. So sad to see you go. Feels like one of those days when nothing goes your way and the fates conspire.☹️

You mean efl and Gibson conspire

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So we are not going to get an honest statement from the administrators today then !

They're certainly taking their time about it.

Must be something very carefully worded.

Honestly the amount of time it's taking them to come out with something only leads me to feel that that they're trying to find the best way of breaking the worst news.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

18 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

How much dosh has Mel got left. He could salvage his reputation by doing the right thing and at least agreeing to be responsible for the £3 and £2.56 due to Boro and Wycombe. 

I think there are solutions along these lines. Q and its lawyers should have been following this thinking instead of sleepwalking into a wall. 

When seeking loans to keep the club funded in the first instance, surely the admin team should have done everything in their power to secure funds for the rest of the season, in the event something were to go wrong with any takeover process.

And if not in the first instance, surely they should have moved to secure funds once bidders like Kirchner were pulling out and publicly highlighting the messy and complex nature of any potential takeover.

Fair enough if you want to blame the EFL and clubs like Boro and Wycombe for making life difficult. It is deeply unpleasant and there is a sense of it being like lions picking at a zebra’s carcass.

But does this excuse the administrators? It seems to me they are hardly helping themselves with their strategy and decision making, and in truth they seem to be losing their grip on the situation entirely.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

When seeking loans to keep the club funded in the first instance, surely the admin team should have done everything in their power to secure funds for the rest of the season, in the event something were to go wrong with any takeover process.

And if not in the first instance, surely they should have moved to secure funds once bidders like Kirchner were pulling out and publicly highlighting the messy and complex nature of any potential takeover.

Fair enough if you want to blame the EFL and clubs like Boro and Wycombe for making life difficult. It is deeply unpleasant and there is a sense of it being like lions picking at a zebra’s carcass.

But does this excuse the administrators? It seems to me they are hardly helping themselves with their strategy and decision making, and in truth they seem to be losing their grip on the situation entirely.

I'd suspect that any loan to a company that is in danger of being liquidated would be very, very expensive - hence they would only take a loan for the time they thought it would take to sort out a preferred bidder....and if the EFL hadn't stuck their oar in yesterday, they may have been correct to do that....

27 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Did you read the post, There aint nothing in their claims...The EFL are blocking this to keep other clubs happy, Just like they did with the points, Accept or else.

It's of no concern to me what you believe, Make up your own theory, I know what is what and who was told what.

Yes I read it. And understood it. It’s not the job of the EFl to decide whether there is anything in the claims, the EFl is not an arbitration panel. And if Q does not realise that, then it’s no surprise we’re in the poo 

The last 48 hours have demonstrated beyond doubt that Q are out of their depth. And that they probably need a better law firm and restructuring QC

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Yes I read it. And understood it. It’s not the job of the EFl to decide whether there is anything in the claims, the EFl is not an arbitration panel. And if Q does not realise that, then it’s no surprise we’re in the poo 

The last 48 hours have demonstrated beyond doubt that Q are out of their depth. And that they probably need a better law firm and restructuring QC

I give up, You just dont get it do you? They're breaking their own rules for the benefit of other members, They're cutting our legs off to make sure we're unable to play the game, What land do you live in, Is it one where fairies and angels play and no cheating and lying goes on.

11 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

A loan that long probably suggests the business should be liquidated.

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Nixon stating Ashley is still itnerested but still no bid

Maybe this is the issue, we cannot provide proof of funds until we name a preferred bidder which we cannot do if no bid has been submitted. Interest in buying us is fine but without a bid its meaningless.

We need Ashley to bid & to be named preferred bidder asap so he makes a deposit to cover the bills for the rest of the season which in turns removes the embargo & allows us to sign players & renew contracts.

Come on Mike, work your magic!

I think that if he was really invested in the survival of our club he would have bid by now. If he's just going to stand by and wait until our club is decimated before he buys us at the lowest price possible then I question how much he cares about all the people who make up our club against how much he cares about his own profit and personal gain.

14 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Absolutely spot on. Simple "what if?" / Risk Analysis. The Admins are paid big money and you'd think they would assess every possible scenario. Not just go to the EFL will 1 proposal when there's a few snake oil salesmen sat around the table.

1 minute ago, Miggins said:

I think that if he was really invested in the survival of our club he would have bid by now. If he's just going to stand by and wait until our club is decimated before he buys us at the lowest price possible then I question how much he cares about all the people who make up our club against how much he cares about his own profit and personal gain.

He’s a businessman looking to maximise any potential profits! 
He’s ruthless as we know and that is why he is so wealthy.