The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Para 1). Agree, he might step in and do the right thing, but he should get no credit for 'saving the day'.

Para 2). I think you are wrong regarding my narrative. The stadium sale was a panic move necessitated by losing complete control of the football finances - paying the likes of Shackell, Martin, Johnson, Butterfield, Huddlestone, Weimann, Carson, Blackman, etc., etc., £20K+ salaries per week in the hope that the variety of managers he appointed, with diametrically opposed tactical knowhow on each change, would somehow conjure up a magic mix to get him/us into the Premier League. The nearest we got to being promoted under Morris was when he had only paid an advance to GSE for a minority shareholding stake.

Para 3). My mind is not closed to MSD and the Administrators cutting a deal any way they can. I am sure MSD will be happy to get out asap, despite their 9% annual return on capital. I hope they do. I hope we have a Club and Stadium thereafter. I know we are both agreed on that.

I would give him 5 seconds of "what a guy", then go back to sticking pins in his effigy.

27 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Thank you for the update Mel!

Of course he has us by the balls because any buyer need to own the stadium. He won’t want to be paying rent or have any kind of involvement from MM. Mel Morris can therefore choose the buyer, probably his pals and carry on the same nonsense. Gibson knows we are trying to wipe off all debt and start from scratch!

The rent is only £1m per year. Less than we are paying one or two players in wages.

So I don’t think a buyer has to buy the stadium. 

I saw Rooney was doing the presser, I was happily suprised, I saw Rooney say we should know who the preffered bidder is by tomorrow, I was happily suprised, I then saw the EFL are talking to the admins today to go through everything and Rooney then said "I should know more later today or tomorrow"...immediately my expectations came crashing down.

I hope I'm wrong, but the new delay will be the EFL not being happy with one or two things.

Ashley's got the nod!

He's just chucked-in the tenner he's saving by not having to buy a new black-and-white tie and that's swung it his way.

If only Andy Appleby hadn't sent his old Rams tie to the charity shop the club could have been his. Bet he's kicking himself for picking up that Oxfam recycling bag...

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I saw Rooney was doing the presser, I was happily suprised, I saw Rooney say we should know who the preffered bidder is by tomorrow, I was happily suprised, I then saw the EFL are talking to the admins today to go through everything and Rooney then said "I should know more later today or tomorrow"...immediately my expectations came crashing down.

I hope I'm wrong, but the new delay will be the EFL not being happy with one or two things.

Probably not happy with the likelihood that someone is prepared to preserve the existence of the club.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And if it is then that’s the next stage of discussions, not much more the admins could do. It would be another curveball difficult to plan for.

What I didn’t pick up was what are the EFL reviewing? The preferred bidder/exit plan, or proposed signings? Or both?

On the player signings - this should simply be do these signings comply with the business plan so should be straightforward. If they are blocked then clearly EFL are moving the goalposts again.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

And if it is then that’s the next stage of discussions, not much more the admins could do. It would be another curveball difficult to plan for.

What I didn’t pick up was what are the EFL reviewing? The preferred bidder/exit plan, or proposed signings? Or both?

On the player signings - this should simply be do these signings comply with the business plan so should be straightforward. If they are blocked then clearly EFL are moving the goalposts again.

This.

You're Welcome

UnluckyAlf

34 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Well WR must have a plan for another attacking player to come in. I know Baldock's not pulled up any trees while he's been here, but we're not exactly over-furnished in the attacker department as it is!

Did you not see Curtis vs Reading?