The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

We need someone to come in and invest.  He would definitely tick the boxes to sort the mess out and dig us out the quicksand and their are more dubious owners by far.   Whilst taking the point on zero hours-  its a debilitating lifestyle that does not allow you to plan for the future unless you have substantial income from elsewhere- that's the governments fault for allowing such practice, they actually do it themselves in the NHS. we need a club to support. It's always been the lifeblood of an industrial city that needs it's team for some relief.  Bring him in double quick if he's interested. 

Newcastle fans are delusional when evaluating Ashley’s tenure. I am genuinely perplexed when they say he never ‘invested’ in the club:

He purchase the following:

Joel Linton £40m

Joe Wilock £25m

Almiron £21m

Calum Wilson £20m

Saint Maximin £17m

Florian Thauvin £15m

Jamal Wilson £15m

Wijnaldum £15m

Mitrovic £15m 

The way he ran Newcastle enabled them to attract their new owners as they are in a position of stability and attract wealthy investors thanks to the way he ran their club. Same will probably happen at West Ham. 

Ashley in for me, no brainer.

On a side note, glad Kirchner is out the picture. Ridiculous how he declared his intentions early and made it public when he did. Clearly couldn’t match rival bidders and tried to convince us that it was the administrators not him. He couldn’t admit he wasn’t the preferred choice. From the start I knew it wouldn’t work out given how he behaved and the way Derby fans were swooning over him was embarrassing! 

Oh well, nearing a conclusion. 

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

This is all five and a half years old and yes was all reported to have a lot of facts at the time. Most as been rectified from these reports from the summer of 2016

6 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Anyone, literally anyone, who saves our club is welcome. Out of everyone seriously linked to date, I'd choose Mike Ashley. He knows how to get a club on a sound footing and promoted. Proven.

He also knows how to get a club relegated. Without the assistance of a hefty points deduction. Also proven. 

I mean honestly, he won't personally be running anything at dcfc. So who's he going to put in to do that job and will the plan bear any resemblance to Newcastle?

To my mind there's no more relevance than saying that Mel Morris is a business genius cos he knows a money making app when he sees one...... 

I'm not saying he would definitely be a disaster. But there should be a decent level of critical analysis applied to any deal, Ashley included. 

3 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Newcastle fans are delusional when evaluating Ashley’s tenure. I am genuinely perplexed when they say he never ‘invested’ in the club:

He purchase the following:

Joel Linton £40m

Joe Wilock £25m

Almiron £21m

Calum Wilson £20m

Saint Maximin £17m

Florian Thauvin £15m

Jamal Wilson £15m

Wijnaldum £15m

Mitrovic £15m 

The way he ran Newcastle enabled them to attract their new owners as they are in a position of stability and attract wealthy investors thanks to the way he ran their club. Same will probably happen at West Ham. 

Ashley in for me, no brainer.

On a side note, glad Kirchner is out the picture. Ridiculous how he declared his intentions early and made it public when he did. Clearly couldn’t match rival bidders and tried to convince us that it was the administrators not him. He couldn’t admit he wasn’t the preferred choice. From the start I knew it wouldn’t work out given how he behaved and the way Derby fans were swooning over him was embarrassing! 

Oh well, nearing a conclusion. 

But they lost out on Maguire for £80m. I’d be peeved with that too. 

Obviously, the best owner would be me. I'd buy the club for a £ and repay £50m in debt. Then I'd put together a business plan where I invested £25m a season for the next 10 years, but kept a careful check to ensure that the debts never topped £1m.

The problem is that I'm £300m short. I can put the £ in though. If anyone wants to join my bid and put the rest in, then brilliant.

Failing that, then Ashley or Appleby would be reasonable 2nd choices. In fact, anyone who rescues our club will get my support...unless it's a member of the ERG  of course.

Just now, Curtains said:

Mate you are entitled to your opinion and of course I know you want the best for DCFC .

We just see it differently.

Once again sorry if I offended you I really didn’t mean to 

Don't worry about it.

It seems I've offended everyone by saying that I wish we could get an owner other than Ashley.

But yes, I've supported Derby County for 54 years..... Of course I want them to survive, of course I want the best for them.

I do think a forum should be a place for discussing things - and for people to express different opinions. Someone accused me of being naive earlier. Perhaps I am... It seems you cannot offer an alternative view.

If it's Ashley that saves us, believe me I will be delighted that we still have our football club ?

3 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Does anybody understand why Nixon is claiming the club cannot be sold until the Boro and Wycombe claims have been sorted

I would assume that no bidder would want to buy the club with (nigh on unlikely) possible legal action looming for the figures currently being discussed.

Gibson is probably only doing it to delay the takeover past January which in turn makes us more likely to be relegated.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Don't worry about it.

It seems I've offended everyone by saying that I wish we could get an owner other than Ashley.

But yes, I've supported Derby County for 54 years..... Of course I want them to survive, of course I want the best for them.

I do think a forum should be a place for discussing things - and for people to express different opinions. Someone accused me of being naive earlier. Perhaps I am... It seems you cannot offer an alternative view.

If it's Ashley that saves us, believe me I will be delighted that we still have our football club ?

For what it’s worth, I totally get what you’re saying about preferring someone else. But I’ll obviously be delighted that we still have a club to support.

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Did I suggest they were Roy? 

Come on, let us two curmudgeonly owd buggers have another round of the "they didn't say, I didn't say" game......... ?

Okay, I think you've misinterpreted my point. ??

12 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Does anybody understand why Nixon is claiming the club cannot be sold until the Boro and Wycombe claims have been sorted

Not really, because it's a ridiculous statement.  There isn't any legal requirement for their claims to be sorted beforehand, it's up to the potential purchaser to assess the risk involved from the claims. All business acquisitions carry risks, which have to be assessed by the potential purchasers.

Mike Ashley is a multi-Billionaire that has made his fortune by purchasing brands on their knees and then reinventing them to make money. We should’ve seen this coming. 

Honestly, the liquidity alone makes him my favourite for the takeover. I really like how Appleby ran the club, but his lack of cash flow caused years of frustration. Ashley isn’t going to throw money around, but he has the liquidity to more than cover what a club of our size requires. Huge difference between ourselves and Newcastle fans as we should be pleased that he’s willing to save the club when it’s in the worst state it’s ever been in. 

11 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Don't worry about it.

Of course it’s a place for discussion and yes the beauty of this forum is there are many differing views but most of the time we can have discussions which are amicable.

I do take some of your points onboard but at the end of the day we have different opinions .

I get people disagreeing with me loads of times .

We can’t all have the same views.

I think personal insults are not to be tolerated.

I’ve always think you are a good poster on here as is Jimbo .

Goodnight mate it’s late and I’m watching the Tourist on I player and it’s intense 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Don't worry about it.

You've not offended everyone mate, in fact, you've probably not offended anyone really.

Our problem is that liquidation is staring us in the face if a buyer doesn't come forward soon. I'm no fan of Ashley but is he any worse a chancer than Rush or even our Mel?

No, they're all in it to make a bob or two, if anything, Ashley has the wherewithal to not have to asset strip the club, sort the debts out and  give Rooney enough backing to have a go at sorting us out.

Don't worry about what others say, state your position and take no notice if others disagree. 

Despite all the banter on here, I believe a lot us are genuinely worried our football club is on the brink. We've had to put up with out and out criminals like Maxwell and the 3 amigos before so a few years of the grey trackie salesman owning us should be a breeze.

??