The Administration Thread

Boycie

The only way I see to make quick money in football is cash in on the leap from Champ to Prem. 

Run at break even (we did this once upon a time) and hope for a manager to put a team together that can do it (we did this once upon a time - 2014) At the same time on  a shoestring (our  academy is threatening to do this already), then cash in on the guarenteed Prem Riches before you have to start financing gold plated Bentelys. 

Walk off with a double your money investment.  

1 hour ago, KBB said:

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I wouldn't mind Mike Ashley being involved with Derby.

I can see beyond the newcastle stuff, as to be totally honest I regard their fans amongst the most self centred, deluded, sense of self importance and grandeur. File alongside spurs and villa fans.

Ashley isn't God, but he certainly isn't Satan either.

His financial clout, experience of admin businesses and all their pitfalls will be a bonus.

We need to look at our situation we are currently in. Not talk rubbish about how he won't invest when we are in the prem. We aren't in the lrem and probably won't be for a very very very long time.

This club needs a 10 year re set.

I don't think you're in the minority. Not at all.

23 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Plus point for a bid by Ashley... EFL test should be no problem.. Proof of funds no problem..... Plus Gibson would know he will not get a penny out of Ashley 

Tell you Sumat Ashley will have no problem seeing those 2 in court. He even took on the premier league no problem so should slide in fine when our previous owner went to war with the efl 

The bloke runs one of the most profitable businesses in the country. From a financial point of view he is the best choice by a country mile. My biggest concern is the lack of investment in the infrastructure in the stadium, training facilities etc long term. Hopefully by then he would have sold the club for a profit.

Get him in I say. Newcastle fans still search for the glory days of Bobby Robson and King Kevin, Ashley was never going to invest to the point of losing money and getting into big debts. Newcastle had them champions league runs and were in around £80 million in debt, near financial ruin. Saved the club. Hopefully he'll do the same for us. 

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

If it's Ashley or the club dies then obviously we go with Ashley. But I don't believe the situation is like that. I firmly believe we will have an owner. If that is the case, then I'd rather it not be Ashley. Newcastle fans have warned us. He may well get the club stable but then what? Years of mediocrity, awful player recruitment and managerial appointments.

He got Newcastle to a position when a nation state brought them in the premiership - it’s a struggle to see the downside, we have to generate our own spending money anyway and besides when we spend heavily it tends to hurt us ! 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Dont mind Ashley coming in but he could have done it sooner rather than when we are on the verge of announcing the preferred bidder so now causing more delays

Maybe he has been impressed with the fans staying with the team - maybe he has been impressed with team giving everything week in week out - maybe he has been impressed with the management team - maybe he actually feels we are a bargain that only needs organising