QPR (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

Off the ball we've been mostly excellent but it feels like we are a bit too happy to be off the ball. We've gone long a little too frequently and aren't getting much joy from it.

Similarly we seem fairly insistent on trying to get in down the left but nearly every time the ball has gone to that side of the pitch the play has quickly broken down.

Fozzy is unfortunately having one of those game were he is just a bit off it and sloppy. I wouldn't make major changes there just yet but I'd be half tempted to switch Knight to that side.

But we have the lead, haven't looked like conceding and our pressing game does look like it can rattle them at times.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Nice goal and we’re doing alright and working hard. 

Id get Morrison off at HT for Festy or a Sibley depending on tactics/if you want to give Festy more of a rest.

Maybe not half time but I wouldn't give him long after half time to bring someone. He's largely been ineffectual.

Comment of the night so far - bloke behind me ….When knightly got pushed over just before HT and got the FK  “Chris Martin taught him well. We should call him the bedside table” 

Giving their wide men too much free time, Ravell well off it, Fozzy getting hustled in to mistakes but the team is really on it . Loving this ?????

10 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Doing well holding them off but still infuriates me no end to get a thow in 20 yards in their half to pass it back to Davies to pass back to Roos who boots it for a throw in to them 10 yards into their half. ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Any clues? Someone enlighten me. 

I think it largely comes from Davies' confidence in possession. Often in those throw in positions we need to go back to recycle and keep possession because there is nothing on. The issue is it hits Davies and if he's under a bit of pressure he largely opts to go back for the easy option to Roos who then usually has no option but to go long. 

He's been great defensively but he is a big chink in us trying to play out from the back.