Middlesbrough lodge £45m compensation claim

Bubbles

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I know...let's just stop the football and replace it with a competition where all teams compete in a "legal league" with the objective of all Clubs take it in turns to sue. Same points...3 for a "win", etc and play-offs where those reaching the "final" get to Sue at the Old Bailey, the Wembley of "courts" or Lincoln's Inn or wherever.  

Goal Keeper : Breach  De Contract

CB’s : Send Round the boys

RB : Money with Menaces

LB : Injunction 

RW :Vicarious Liability in Tort

LW:Consequential Damage

RM : Winding up Order

LM : Decree Nisi

No 10 : Penalty Clause

CF : Consequential Loss

1 minute ago, jono said:

Goal Keeper : Breach  De Contract

CB’s : Send Round the boys

RB : Money with Menaces

LB : Injunction 

RW :Vicarious Liability in Tort

LW:Consequential Damage

RM : Winding up Order

LM : Decree Nisi

No 10 : Penalty Clause

CF : Consequential Loss

I think that team would be a force majeure in league 1..

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Middlesbrough's claim might be legitimate to the exact extent of - gate receipts and TV money for play off semi.

They finished 7th. They were not as good a football team as the 6 above them. That's it.

If that's all they have a claim for, I'll send them the £15 meself!!!

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I know...let's just stop the football and replace it with a competition where all teams compete in a "legal league" with the objective of all Clubs take it in turns to sue. Same points...3 for a "win", etc and play-offs where those reaching the "final" get to Sue at the Old Bailey, the Wembley of "courts" or Lincoln's Inn or wherever.  

Well it’s definitely a board game ! 

19 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

If that's all they have a claim for, I'll send them the £15 meself!!!

It's the only realistic thing they might win. They might argue theyd have finished in the play offs, but even if they win that, what have they lost out by? Gate receipts and TV money for the semi final. trying to argue that they'd have beaten Leeds and the villa is so speculative no one can ever know, or even realistically guess a probability.

It's a totally vexatious claim that's being made purely out of pettyness.

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Community Chest..

Your Chairman's tight perm has gone wrong..pay a £45m fine..

Your chairman misses his team draw with already relegated Rotherham to miss out on a play off place as it took 3 hours to reset.  Do not pass go.  

You blow 16 million on a carthorse from Forest on 85k a week wages.  You have no money left.  Please try the Derby County get out of jail free card.

You take Derby County to court on a spurious and hilarious allegation.  Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not get promoted,  pay a fine of a million pounds.

I cannot believe the audacity of Gibson the season we went to play off final and lost to Villa we had the following (A) Superior Team who played good football compared to there HOOF ball tactics. (B) A better manager in Lampard compared to Pulis and (C) Better players. So I can't see where Gibson is coming from when he says we stopped them getting into the play-off's illegally the man is pathetic. 

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

"Middlesbrough and Wycombe have lodged compensation claims and peace talks are planned. Derby think they can win the cases, but it is uncertain.

Boro owner Steve Gibson’s claim for around £45m is still to be addressed.

They feel Derby’s financial irregularities helped deny them a play-off place in 2019 after the Rams pipped them to the top six by just one point.

Wycombe say they were relegated because a previous points penalty was not imposed and want around £6m.

Any takeover deal also needs an agreement with former owner Mel Morris to sell the stadium. He is looking for around £20m but that is also subject to negotiation.

Derby’s doom is a massive scar on the EFL’s flagship division.

For the third season running, a club is likely to go down because of penalties.

Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday both suffered the same fate when they had won enough points on the pitch.

Worse still, it makes a mockery of the final 29 games of Derby’s season."

That underlined bit in particular suggests (to me, at least) that these claims are aimed directly at Derby County Football Club, not The EFL?  Is that right?  Are they allowed?

Anyway, bring it on.  We'll be quids in, once QPR & Villa are brought into the equation.  KERCHING!  

?

The underlined bit to me rings a huge alarm bell. When I hear the phrase "Derby think they can win the case" it fills me with doom on the basis that every single time in the last 2 or 3 years we think we can win a case, we end up losing it!!!

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Any takeover deal also needs an agreement with former owner Mel Morris to sell the stadium. He is looking for around £20m but that is also subject to negotiation.

Sorry hang on, even after the mess he’s left, Mel Morris wants to cash in on the stadium? I thought at one point he he was willing to give everything away for a quid?

50 minutes ago, Cisse said:

This news should reach Italy. Remember how Juventus got caught buying/bribing their titles in the 80's and earlier? They should be sued by every Italian team that ever existed. I would watch those court dates. Me and my pop corn.Pop Culture Popcorn GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Watch out for the horse's head in your bed...