Middlesbrough lodge £45m compensation claim

Bubbles

Dear Mr Gibson.

Thank you for your claim.

We are sorry you didn't get promoted. Neither did we.

Please Send your bill to the other Stevie G, now newly installed as manager of Aston Villa.

We will add it to the rather larger sum we  are requesting from them, and see what they say.

Unfortunately you will not be eligible to partcipate in our claim against QPR but you could try a sponging off a few other big spending clubs like , er Middlesbro.. oh no that's you isnt it? . 

Yours as ever

Lawyer

The EFL must hate this, its a bit like the amortisation question, if Gibson and Wycombe win then it could open the floodgates for clubs to be suing each other. I'm' not sure there is many if at all that haven't fallen foul of FFP in some way, even if they have not been over the limit. I'm thinking Reading getting players on loan for nothing (which others have not been able to do) and Fulham getting Wilson free for two years. all of this affects games in some way.  

If someone gets an advantage by breaking FFP they are punished by the EFL. If Gibson is successful (I don't think he will) then welcome to the bun fight. We would go straight back into administration and lots of others, QPR etc would join us very closely  

57 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's the only realistic thing they might win. They might argue theyd have finished in the play offs, but even if they win that, what have they lost out by? Gate receipts and TV money for the semi final. trying to argue that they'd have beaten Leeds and the villa is so speculative no one can ever know, or even realistically guess a probability.

It's a totally vexatious claim that's being made purely out of pettyness.

They lost both games 3-0 against Villa, drew both games vs Leeds 0-0 and 1-1. They were crap at penalties though, so wouldn't have got through the semis.

4 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Got to be a shot in the dark by Middleborough

Or possibly their end game?

Given that Gibson was the one lobbying the EFL to appeal the original decision to exonerate us.

Was it his plan all along to sue us for this, once we were actually found guilty and punished?

This would be a whole can of worms for the entire of the football structure. How can you possibly unravel every historical perceived injustice in a fair manner? Lots of clubs have breached rules and regs and have no impact or consequence, possibly for as little as playing an ineligible player in a single game.

It simply isn't fair to stop at Derby so to do it properly you'd have to put football on hold and go back through every potential case because delaying it just adds more 'injustice' and potential revenue to add to the law suit. If a team broke a rule in any way then every subsequent season every other team in that division will claim that they were there under false pretences and could potentially claim based on lost points lost to that team. What then? Re-draw a table from 10 years ago and relegate and/or fine a club for 10 years increased TV money ?

Not sure whether he thinks he'll actually win this or whether he is just trying to cause irreparable damage to DCFC's chances of surviving it's current woes by introducing more uncertainty in DCFC's future and potential buyer pulls out The outcome is much the same, the end of DCFC. If he somehow succeeds then I hope he and the Boro can sleep at night having forced another club out of existence over a 'what might have been'. If any club successfully makes these sorts of claims stick then it is game over for any club who is guilty. There is literally no point in suing a Championship club for 45 million anyway, they'll just go bust.

It is madness of the highest order but the EFL have tacitly encouraged this. There is just no logical stopping point until you have rounded up every past grievance and sent a significant number of clubs under. Whoever is starting these actions needs to take a long hard look at themselves and at the consequences if it worked.

They 100% know they aren't going to get £45m from us.

They are 99% sure they will get a substantial amount from us £10m+

They just want to show off to their fans and make it more difficult for us to find a buyer.

I think our trip to boro will be 'interesting' 

9 minutes ago, sage said:

They just want to show off to their fans and make it more difficult for us to find a buyer.

Where do they expect that money to come from?

I'd like to lodge a response to his claim, and lodge it so far up his arse it comes out of his nose.

1 hour ago, sage said:

You really think so?

Just now, SBW said:

Gibson strikes me as a bit of a lunatic.

The irony of a man who spent £15m on one player in the Championship having the audacity the make claims against others.

Stinks of a bitter, sore man.

He's just not come to terms with the fact he pissed his parachute payments up the wall and all of their planning had been based on getting promotion before they ran out.

It's seriously no one else fault he chose Tony pulis to achieve that aim.