First time I thought this tonight

Boycie

Just now, Boycie said:

We’re down.

Slow out from the back, no desire to get the tempo up from the defence.  Hollywood passes from midfield to the strikers.

Striker link up play depressing.

Forget the admin points, and the incoming ffp points, we’d be down anyway if Mel had stayed on.

Yep I felt that too, deja vu back to last season. 

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

We’re down.

Slow out from the back, no desire to get the tempo up from the defence.  Hollywood passes from midfield to the strikers.

Striker link up play depressing.

Forget the admin points, and the incoming ffp points, we’d be down anyway if Mel had stayed on.

Not the best time to be a Rams fan or Derbyshire cricket supporter. Maybe Bielik’s return will give the team a lift…

put this in the matchday thread but probably fits in here ..

Ive watched every game this season, we have played really well in most games without always having that cutting edge required. last couple of games (and first half v Coventry) have been the worst ive seen (apart from the late debacle at Peterboro)..

why?

Any number of possibilities - many already mentioned..

Thin squad fatigue?

Those over 35s getting knackered?

Moving away from the solid defence - hit them on the break style?

Bottom of the table itis?

CKR back?

I really dont know...tonight has done no damage in terms of our position v safety...but psychologically I do worry about the impact and the big gap now to 23rd..I mean we played great v Preston without getting the result - they go and win at Bournemouth tonight - so we know we have the perrformances in us..

Thoughts?

Just now, Rammy03 said:

I refuse to give up, it's still only November.

Yes the last couple of games have been bad. But it's not over. 

We win on Saturday and the other teams around us lose, which could happen, we're then only 4 points from safety.

If we can get Bielik playing we'll get those wins we need. 

We just don't look like we can score. Barnsley were nothing special tonight and if we'd had a half decent striker...

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So if we accept the need for a complete reset, shall we just wave the white flag with the EFL, get all the shizzle, embargoes etc out of the way and try to move on? 

I hope we can start next season free of any points deductions and embargoes. The ?has got to end sometime surely ?

I know the teams tired, but when I see the goalie dawdle on the ball when his centre back is up front and we are a goal down I kinda think what they are thinking.

They can’t even pass a ball in front of a forward moving team mate.  It’s always to feet, no matter if they’re in full flight of not.

Basics.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I refuse to give up, it's still only November.

Yes the last couple of games have been bad. But it's not over. 

We win on Saturday and the other teams around us lose, which could happen, we're then only 4 points from safety.

If we can get Bielik playing we'll get those wins we need. 

What about the 9 points deduction ?

Just now, Boycie said:

I know the teams tired, but when I see the goalie dawdle on the ball when his centre back is up front and we are a goal down I kinda think what they are thinking.

They can’t even pass a ball in front of a forward moving team mate.  It’s always to feet, no matter if they’re in full flight of not.

Basics.

Reminds me a bit of the 80s when Dave Watson played up top….

Just now, Boycie said:

Basics.

That really ducked me off. Roos is meant to be good with his feet? But the pace of playing it out from the back is close to static.

a lot also depends on what happens in January - new owners, a bit of quality added to the squad maybe? might make all the difference.

I put in the stats threat that my big worry was the number of games we play before January, and the difficulty of a lot of those games. We are going into a bad run of form at the wrong time with games we need to be picking up points in - we have some very hard games coming up and lots of them..

Just now, sage said:

Interestingly we had 15 attempts at goal to their 9. Poor as we were, we should have drawn. 

They could have won too, it wouldn’t be the first time more attempts on goal didn’t mean a win or draw.

Its just depressing, if we’d have drawn that we’d have been very lucky.  The desire just wasn’t there, stats make fools of people.