First time I thought this tonight

Boycie

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

We’re down.

Slow out from the back, no desire to get the tempo up from the defence.  Hollywood passes from midfield to the strikers.

Striker link up play depressing.

Forget the admin points, and the incoming ffp points, we’d be down anyway if Mel had stayed on.

I read through a few of the posts on this thread.  FWIW I think the players heads are in the wrong place.  I thought that as my team took point deductions/ transfer embargos and what seemed to be a bunch of demotivated high salary players in the team.  I know yours situation is not the same of course but it makes it a damn site harder when the team on the pitch can't win.  Things turn round at some point.  I think there is a race against time to get deals done before the transfer window.  You may just bounce back quickly even if you are relegated.    

We’re down.

Slow out from the back, no desire to get the tempo up from the defence.  Hollywood passes from midfield to the strikers.

Forget the admin points, and the incoming ffp points, we’d be down anyway if Mel had stayed on.

I keep looking at the "where we'd be if we didn't have a deduction" table which Rooney said he was showing the players a few weeks ago - And that would have us 20th, which is well in the relegation mix anyway

There have been some glimpses of a side this year, but it's still one which (for me) is summed up by our 36 yr old CB being our top scorer

When Bielik comes back we will improve, but I don't expect him to be banging in the goals we need - So we HAVE to be able to bring new talent in after Christmas because we need a couple of goalscorers - I love Kaz and I like Baldock but neither are prolific goalscorers 

We’re down.

Much to early to say this.
But Rooney’s not going anywhere so his response to the slump needs to be better than it was last season. He needs to change things. He needs to admit his mistake and give the captaincy to Curtis. We need to continue to play close football which means using CKR very sparingly. We need 3 at the back. And Watson needs game time

10 hours ago, Yani P said:

put this in the matchday thread but probably fits in here ..

Ive watched every game this season, we have played really well in most games without always having that cutting edge required. last couple of games (and first half v Coventry) have been the worst ive seen (apart from the late debacle at Peterboro)..

why?

Any number of possibilities - many already mentioned..

Thin squad fatigue?

Those over 35s getting knackered?

Moving away from the solid defence - hit them on the break style?

Bottom of the table itis?

CKR back?

I really dont know...tonight has done no damage in terms of our position v safety...but psychologically I do worry about the impact and the big gap now to 23rd..I mean we played great v Preston without getting the result - they go and win at Bournemouth tonight - so we know we have the perrformances in us..

Thoughts?

We as in the suppporters, Or we as in the players?

After watching last night on TV so only a bit part supporter, Our team play was fractured at best, No Shinnie so the aggression was lost in the middle of the park, Both of our left backs were poor, I can't understand how a young mobile and fitter Buchanon can't get in the team against an ageing clumsey forgetfull Forsyth, Both at fault for both the goals, Lawrence...Pah, Morrison goodish in spells...one thing of note his shooting other than the one that was blocked in the box was poor, His passing at times non existant as he chose to do it his way, Bird was good to watch, Central pairing in Davis and Jagielka both looked cumbersome for the 1st time.

No complaints with Roos a couple of decent saves and blocks, Byrne seems to be running out of steam, Knight just never got into the game enough, Baldock scored so did a job but little else, CKR you get what you see, A big fella who gives his all, But if we can't get behind and deliver crosses then we only lump it forward without any backup from the midfield.

Ebosele, Why this boy doesn't start is frustrating for me, He has the pace and skill to run at defenders, A couple of crosses...one where we SHOULD have scored when hitting the bar, Won a couple of free kicks, Lost the ball a couple of times.

For me i'd go 3 at the back with Stearman coming in, 2 wing backs in Byrne and Buchanon, Shinnie and Bird in the middle, Ebosele wide left, CKR and Baldock upfront...And bin Lawrence to the bench.

As for the Managment team...very difficult times for all, Are the players playing for them, Are they as frustrated as us the fans, Is training not what it should be...with CDs comments, Are players playing as a team or individuals...only WR and his staff know this.

90 points to play for...so 10 wins, 10 draws and 10 defeats with no more point deductions will give us 45 points...enough to stay up...not a frigging clue ?

10 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Why has it only just dawned on you now? We're down already and we're pretty much guaranteed to get another points deduction. I don't get why everyone's bothered by results, this whole seasons pointless.

Perhaps you should change your name to DCFC Sucks ?  Much still to fight for. 4th from bottom will do, even though that looks a big ask at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

We as in the suppporters, Or we as in the players?

After watching last night on TV so only a bit part supporter, Our team play was fractured at best, No Shinnie so the aggression was lost in the middle of the park, Both of our left backs were poor, I can't understand how a young mobile and fitter Buchanon can't get in the team against an ageing clumsey forgetfull Forsyth, Both at fault for both the goals, Lawrence...Pah, Morrison goodish in spells...one thing of note his shooting other than the one that was blocked in the box was poor, His passing at times non existant as he chose to do it his way, Bird was good to watch, Central pairing in Davis and Jagielka both looked cumbersome for the 1st time.

No complaints with Roos a couple of decent saves and blocks, Byrne seems to be running out of steam, Knight just never got into the game enough, Baldock scored so did a job but little else, CKR you get what you see, A big fella who gives his all, But if we can't get behind and deliver crosses then we only lump it forward without any backup from the midfield.

Ebosele, Why this boy doesn't start is frustrating for me, He has the pace and skill to run at defenders, A couple of crosses...one where we SHOULD have scored when hitting the bar, Won a couple of free kicks, Lost the ball a couple of times.

For me i'd go 3 at the back with Stearman coming in, 2 wing backs in Byrne and Buchanon, Shinnie and Bird in the middle, Ebosele wide left, CKR and Baldock upfront...And bin Lawrence to the bench.

As for the Managment team...very difficult times for all, Are the players playing for them, Are they as frustrated as us the fans, Is training not what it should be...with CDs comments, Are players playing as a team or individuals...only WR and his staff know this.

90 points to play for...so 10 wins, 10 draws and 10 defeats with no more point deductions will give us 45 points...enough to stay up...not a frigging clue ?

10 wins in 30 when we've managed 13 in 54, not a chance 

13 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

10 wins in 30 when we've managed 13 in 54, not a chance 

I still say with a half-decent goal scorer we'd be looking so much better. We've been awful in the last few games but we could have taken a point from each. The coulda-woulda-shoulda is so difficult to change with such a limited squad.

11 hours ago, Yani P said:

I mean we played great v Preston without getting the result - they go and win at Bournemouth tonight - so we know we have the perrformances in us..

And Blackburn beat us comfortably before losing 7-0 at home. OK, that's the joy of Championship football but I'd take more from that than the Preston example

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not the best time to be a Rams fan or Derbyshire cricket supporter. Maybe Bielik’s return will give the team a lift…

You can say that again and as for Bielik if he proves his fitness before the January window he will be sold make no mistake,we havent even paid his transfer fee yet

Rooney is getting as much as he can out this squad. We have had 2 poor games in a row. But could have easily got summat out of either game. There is not alot of options for Rooney to do much about it. The Championship is relentless and this squad was always gonna find it tough. They have to bite down on the gumshield and keep fighting. Hopefully still be relatively close in terms of points to have a chance in January. Takeover done and Rooney then be able to sign a few to boost the numbers and ability. The other minus 9 is looming so theres nothing we can do about that. Anybody else sick of hitting the woodwork? Thats 4 times in the last 5 games!!! 

14 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What about the 9 points deduction ?

I think they’re holding that back, if near the end of the season we look like the 12 points will relegate us, then they’ll keep it in the bank for next season, if we get close to escaping relegation with the 12 points they’ll hit us with it this season to make sure we go down.

Theres no escaping the fact that the EFL want to screw us as much as they possibly can.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Why are we so carp 

We can’t play football.

There is no movement off the ball, no passing and moving, most of our passes are safe passes, ie they go nowhere.

The players are doing the absolute minimum they can get away with, the defensive stuff, but when we have the ball there’s nothing there, no-one making runs, no-one making themselves available for a pass, no-one looking to make the pass.

8 minutes ago, curb said:

I think they’re holding that back, if near the end of the season we look like the 12 points will relegate us, then they’ll keep it in the bank for next season, if we get close to escaping relegation with the 12 points they’ll hit us with it this season to make sure we go down.

Theres no escaping the fact that the EFL want to screw us as much as they possibly can.

Get your tin foil hat off.

3 minutes ago, curb said:

We can’t play football.

There is no movement off the ball, no passing and moving, most of our passes are safe passes, ie they go nowhere.

The players are doing the absolute minimum they can get away with, the defensive stuff, but when we have the ball there’s nothing there, no-one making runs, no-one making themselves available for a pass, no-one looking to make the pass.

We are drilled to look back first not forward. I understand us doing this to try and create gaps but it’s not working.   Maybe I have to accept the way it is now and chill out.  

That 1st half against Blackburn was the pits.  Bournemouth and Fulham will smash us playing the way we are.  

Millwall is a must win against Rowett