First time I thought this tonight

Boycie

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

Rooney is getting as much as he can out this squad. We have had 2 poor games in a row. But could have easily got summat out of either game. There is not alot of options for Rooney to do much about it. The Championship is relentless and this squad was always gonna find it tough. They have to bite down on the gumshield and keep fighting. Hopefully still be relatively close in terms of points to have a chance in January. Takeover done and Rooney then be able to sign a few to boost the numbers and ability. The other minus 9 is looming so theres nothing we can do about that. Anybody else sick of hitting the woodwork? Thats 4 times in the last 5 games!!! 

For the first time, I am questioning if he is?

Our wage bill now will still be higher than others in the league. There is literally no excuse for not getting a result last night.

I want him to do well but when he continues to make baffling decisions (Lawrence captain, Morrison playing etc) I find it more and more difficult.

3 hours ago, curb said:

I think they’re holding that back, if near the end of the season we look like the 12 points will relegate us, then they’ll keep it in the bank for next season, if we get close to escaping relegation with the 12 points they’ll hit us with it this season to make sure we go down.

Theres no escaping the fact that the EFL want to screw us as much as they possibly can.

While there is no logical reason why they should do that I am fearful that it might actually be true 

7 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

You can say that again and as for Bielik if he proves his fitness before the January window he will be sold make no mistake,we havent even paid his transfer fee yet

With his injury history I’m not sure anyone would pay a decent price would they? I’d think he’s bound to stay at least for this season 

I thought with our thin squad and aged defenders we would struggle with fixtures coming thick and fast and so it is proving.

at start of season , with no thought of admin or anything like that I thought maybe if we get to 15 points before bielik is back we could have a stronger second half to the season and stay up. We are actually at 17 points before the deduction so we have done better than I expected without bielik .

But really any kind of points deduction makes a very difficult job of staying up pretty impossible I think.

19 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So if we accept the need for a complete reset, shall we just wave the white flag with the EFL, get all the shizzle, embargoes etc out of the way and try to move on? 

That’s what I was saying today to a mate at work who supports forest. Let’s just take all the punishment and go down with -400 points and start again next year clean slate (ish). 

20 hours ago, Boycie said:

We’re down.

Slow out from the back, no desire to get the tempo up from the defence.  Hollywood passes from midfield to the strikers.

Striker link up play depressing.

Forget the admin points, and the incoming ffp points, we’d be down anyway if Mel had stayed on.

It's been quite the fall hasn't it. But considering that it is a small squad made up of youngsters and geriatrics, it's no wonder that with the games coming thick and fast that the going has got tough. 

13 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Much to early to say this.
But Rooney’s not going anywhere so his response to the slump needs to be better than it was last season. He needs to change things. He needs to admit his mistake and give the captaincy to Curtis. We need to continue to play close football which means using CKR very sparingly. We need 3 at the back. And Watson needs game time

Fair point about Lawrence. I am struggling to see any logic to his captaincy. 

17 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

With his injury history I’m not sure anyone would pay a decent price would they? I’d think he’s bound to stay at least for this season 

If we have no new owner by January then sadly this will be the administrators decision,some one out there will take a punt at a bargain price 

Agreed he is injury prone but lets be honest we dont have many assets to sell

On 04/11/2021 at 12:54, MuespachRam said:

Get your tin foil hat off.

Whatever, It's just common sense.

To keep their seat of power they have to pander to the majority of clubs, especially the most vocal of them.

The majority of clubs, especially the most vocal, the ones that could engineer a breakaway to start a Premier league 2 or vote them out of office, want us punished as much as possible, so the EFL will do their bidding.

One club (us) on it's own is just collateral damage.

I don't really think that the EFL are after the scalp of DCFC per se, just that we have unfortunately put our head above the parapet to get shot at.

Majority rules, and the majority see us as cheats that need punishing.

If I need to get my tin foil hat off, then you need to get your head out of the sand.

5 hours ago, curb said:

Whatever, It's just common sense.

To keep their seat of power they have to pander to the majority of clubs, especially the most vocal of them.

The majority of clubs, especially the most vocal, the ones that could engineer a breakaway to start a Premier league 2 or vote them out of office, want us punished as much as possible, so the EFL will do their bidding.

One club (us) on it's own is just collateral damage.

I don't really think that the EFL are after the scalp of DCFC per se, just that we have unfortunately put our head above the parapet to get shot at.

Majority rules, and the majority see us as cheats that need punishing.

If I need to get my tin foil hat off, then you need to get your head out of the sand.

How many points have we been docked because we “cheated” roughly? You can round It up or down to the nearest 0 if you like…? 

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

How many points have we been docked because we “cheated” roughly? You can round It up or down to the nearest 0 if you like…? 

‘Need punishing’ is future tense, and I didn’t say we cheated, I said the majority see us as having cheated.

21 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yeah, so, how many points have we been docked for cheating….? And how many have we been docked for breaking the rules..? 

They’re still holding that over us, along with a transfer embargo, I’m not really sure why you have a bee in your bonnet about it, it’s fairly simple.

11 hours ago, curb said:

They’re still holding that over us, along with a transfer embargo, I’m not really sure why you have a bee in your bonnet about it, it’s fairly simple.

So, the only points we have been docked so far are the 12 because Mad Mel put us in to administration because he couldn’t afford to let his bank account drop below a few hundred million…? Just those then.?