Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

42 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

It's called capitalism. But in most people's eye, the alternatives are grimmer.

In part I agree, Without Capitalism it would be communism

Capitalism

an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

But when a company can no longer sustain a workforce with income then owners/share holders can put the company into Admin and within hours buy it back...Interserve, I lost wages and holiday pay...as did 1000s of others.

Midland Car Parts, Went into Admin, A buyer was found, Most shops(Motormania)were kept on, I with some 40 others lost our holiday pay, Wages were paid by Admin.

Yes "it is what it is", There's those that can manipulate the system, Then there's those that lose out.

1 hour ago, GadFly said:

Yeah but by writing off the debt they won't get their money even if DCFC do exist...? So again, from the perspective of your average taxpaying Brit, I don't see how it can be justified to just write off 30 million quid and allow the club to just crack on operating as if nothing happened.

Surely the sensible and fair thing to do would be to create some kind of manageable payment plan, where the club pays back the money over a longer period of time?   

Nobdody is suggesting a write off of all HMRC debt. HMRc will get at least 25%,  hopefully more.  A payment plan may work in combination with this provided the buyer accepts the debt at all which they are not bound to do.

7 hours ago, enachops said:

I don’t think a fire sale will raise too much. We took advantage of it with Wigan. Lawrence worth next to nothing. Only saleable assets at the minute are Bird and Knight. We owe money on Jozwiak and Bielik. Reckon we’d raise about 5 million. Still 15m short. 

And that’s the thing. The HMRC, preferentially owed or not, isn’t important.  They simply need to recover monies as best as they can. So if the new owners offer is better than what they think they can get from liquidation then that is what they’ll go for. I.e  If it’s 6 to 16 million from him/her …. versus 5 to 15 million from liquidation.

Then If they press to liquidate without a price guarantee on player sales they make a big problem for themselves. 

in a sense HMRC have some tricky decisions of their own to make

35 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

That’s a very interesting point. Perhaps that is the reason why there are still interested parties. They want the stadium and surrounding land, same could be said for the training/academy facilities.

The club lease the land for Moor Farm, so there isn’t any real value there.

28 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

"Supposition"

Hmmm, he's not exactly being secretive about it...

Hmmmmmm indeed.

I’m not sure why the manager is actively and heavily pushing one bid over any other potential ones, that coincidentally involves his agent.

He should be leaving it to the administrators to sort out, what if Kirchners bid isn’t the best one for the club and another is?

I understand people saying, well what if it’s this or liquidation. And I agree this would be better, but it would raise a lot of concerns going forwards!

Edited by Ramarena

3 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Thought I read that the new owners could just take on the MSD payments or renegotiate terms with MSD if they wanted ? 

Certainly they could do that. But I don’t really see the point. If the club remains at more or less break even, far better to be debt free. And the purchase price is reduced, if debt is rolled over. 

2 hours ago, GadFly said:

Forgive my possible stupidity, but perhaps somebody can enlighten me... 

If we owe 30 odd million in unpaid monies to HMRC... why should they write that money off/reduce the debt? I'm looking for answers that don't resort to whataboutery please. I'm not interested in "well Amazon/Starbucks/whoever don't pay their taxes so why should we?" or anything like that (I mean, for starters, two wrongs don't make a right...). What I want to know is - from the perspective of a non-Rams-supporting everyday taxpayer, why should their tax money be used to prop up a football club that they have no association with, and couldn't care less if it went out of existence? Wouldn't that money be better spent on education or healthcare? Why should any of us continue to play fair and pay our fair share, if DCFC won't/don't? 

Surely if you're going to advocate and hope for DCFC to have their unpaid taxes ignored, then you cannot ever take a moral position against any other corporation not paying their taxes, ever again? 

If I've got this completely wrapped around my neck then I do apologise, but I'd also like to understand the situation a little better so please don't go too hard on me if I'm just being dumb - enlighten me instead! ?

In the long run it's better for them to accept partial repayment and receive tax long into the future from the club than kill us over this. If they pursue this to the end and it kills the club it's an open question whether a new team is formed or what happens. The best case scenario is that it takes us a decade or so to climb our way back into the lower leagues in which case they're receiving nothing. 

Potential future revenues will not be a consideration for HMRC, only recovering as much from current liabilities as possible.

To suggest removing Derby County from the economic landscape would be a net deficit in tax revenues is misguided as those revenues will simply be made up from activity elsewhere. It's not as if we won't spend the same amount each year because we will.

For example, if the money normally spent on four season tickets is instead spent on a plasma screen TV the VAT on the spend is exactly the same in terms of HMRC revenue.

In fact the Government would be better off from my £550 season ticket spend if it went elsewhere as most of it will go on single malt, and that attracts an even higher tax levy!!

???

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

Potential future revenues will not be a consideration for HMRC, only recovering as much from current liabilities as possible.

To suggest removing Derby County from the economic landscape would be a net deficit in tax revenues is misguided as those revenues will simply be made up from activity elsewhere. It's not as if we won't spend the same amount each year because we will.

For example, if the money normally spent on four season tickets is instead spent on a plasma screen TV the VAT on the spend is exactly the same in terms of HMRC revenue.

In fact the Government would be better off from my £550 season ticket spend if it went elsewhere as most of it will go on single malt, and that attracts an even higher tax levy!!

???

I'm not an economist (my expertise is in political theory) but if you allow big institutions in local communities to fail that does have an impact on the local economy. Think of all the DCFC employees, the pubs and restaurants that do business around the area on match days etc. etc. that will be affected if the club goes under. It would have a ripple effect that harms businesses in the area that would have a further  effect etc. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm not an economist (my expertise is in political theory) but if you allow big institutions in local communities to fail that does have an impact on the local economy. Think of all the DCFC employees, the pubs and restaurants that do business around the area on match days etc. etc. that will be affected if the club goes under. It would have a ripple effect that harms businesses in the area that would have a further  effect etc. 

Like mining areas that went under under the Milk Snatcher, not just the miners that suffered....cafes, shops, pubs etc.....

Mel Morris should be ashamed of himself if Liquidation is really a big threat, he bought this club when we were on the verge of the Premier league in Great shape and now we may not even have a club to support. 

It's absolutely disgraceful really and people were for a long time talking like he was in the right and one of us up until very recently when the writing was on the wall and we went into administration. 

If we do go bust I'd be gutted and I doubt I'd bother with a non league knock off version of us playing against the Dog and Duck in Division 10.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

In part I agree, Without Capitalism it would be communism

Capitalism

an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

But when a company can no longer sustain a workforce with income then owners/share holders can put the company into Admin and within hours buy it back...Interserve, I lost wages and holiday pay...as did 1000s of others.

Midland Car Parts, Went into Admin, A buyer was found, Most shops(Motormania)were kept on, I with some 40 others lost our holiday pay, Wages were paid by Admin.

Yes "it is what it is", There's those that can manipulate the system, Then there's those that lose out.

So it isn’t capitalism. Derby were not controlled by private owners for profit.

25 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

???

I disagree with this. A good thriving economy, like we have had, creates more jobs, more jobs is more money invested and so on. We now have more people in employment in the UK than we have ever had. (Circa 27 Million).

Ultimately, you want people spending. If those four season tickets are not purchased, than means the individual may save the money and not spend it. That's bad.