Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Was during a break in play, he wont be the only person to check their phone during it. Could be any number of reasons too, being in the UK at night would be usual work time in the US so easily could be work/business related too.

Think some people just look for an issue that isnt even there.

frustrated youtube GIF by Hyper RPG

I can't fathom out if Chris Kirchner sitting next to Wayne Rooney's agent to watch the game is particularly healthy or not? It might be a good thing having a club owner and a manager joined at the hip, it might not. 

I still think Rooney is a somewhat unknown quantity as a manager. He has never played with a full deck. His hands have always been tied behind his back. However, there is absolutely no questioning his knowledge of football. He has lived and breathed it every single day since he was a child. Performed at the very highest level. There is no questioning his ability to motivate our players to perform. I think when he is given an even keel, his tactical nous will mature. There is no questioning his commitment to this club. 

Consider where our league position would be without the points deductions? Not too bad given all the circumstances. 

Please don't think of me as his biggest fan. I don't think of him as saving us from the drop last season. I actually think he almost took us down. This season is different, sadly there are possibly some inevitabilities and I always believe a manager should be given time. 

8 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

On the right in this picture. Sounds like he’s brokering the deal/advising Kirchner.

Paul Stretford (Rooney’s agent) is on his other side.

EFE12DBC-B381-4F05-B32B-61B248BC99DD.jpeg

Thanks . So he has an ex Man City CEO and a football agent ( clients include Wayne Rooney) in his team? And people are worried about his lack of football experience? He can get people around him he needs.

3 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Hopefully we can get this all resolved soon. 2-3 more weeks was it?

I still can't fathom why anyone would buy a football club let alone one hamstrung like Derby.

Agreed. I just can't see the attraction, which makes me worry about his motivations. He hasn't really answered that for me despite all his comments...but beggars definitely can't be choosers so fingers crossed!

Interesting that Kirchner was sat in Rooney's seats tonight, rather than a directors box. Funny that he was also with Stretford and Cook again. 

It's blaringly obvious that these are Rooney's men, it's not even like they're trying to hide it anymore, with Rooney keep mentioning Kirchner. It's clear as well that the S*n are doing PR for Kirchner, as Nixon also happens to be buddies with Stretford (Nixon left The Guardian in 2004 because of his links with Stretford). 

Is that something we want? Our owner being connected heavily to ownership? What about if Rooney isn't up for the job, do they sack him?

4 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Is that something we want? Our owner being connected heavily to ownership? What about if Rooney isn't up for the job, do they sack him?

Why is it any different to new owners coming in and choosing the manager they want? How is this different except we are, if your supposition is correct, just one step ahead!?

6 hours ago, Ramifications said:

I still think Rooney is a somewhat unknown quantity as a manager. He has never played with a full deck. His hands have always been tied behind his back. However, there is absolutely no questioning his knowledge of football. He has lived and breathed it every single day since he was a child. Performed at the very highest level. There is no questioning his ability to motivate our players to perform. I think when he is given an even keel, his tactical nous will mature. There is no questioning his commitment to this club. 

I quite often wonder what Rooney's long game is here, as it seems bizarre to think of a legendary International footballer clinging to the wreckage of a club destined for League One

But maybe, just maybe he's seen what happened to the likes of Lampard and Solksjaer and realised that's not the path he wants right now. As a footballer you get a professional career of 15-20 years if you're lucky. If you start managing at 35 then you potentially have a management career of double that length. Learning the job in a big club with no expectations, facing tough challenges without the threat of immediate sacking if you get it wrong is actually not a bad idea. Got to be better than going in green to a massive club with a squad worth 100s of millions and getting ditched at the first sign of trouble - and finding yourself jobless after only a couple of years in the management game

Edited by Stive Pesley

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

I quite often wonder what Rooney's long game is here, as it seems bizarre to think of a legendary International footballer clinging to the wreckage of a club destined for League One

But maybe, just maybe he's seen what happened to the likes of Lampard and Solksjaer and realised that's not the path he wants right now. As a footballer you get a professional career of 15-20 years if you're lucky. If you start managing at 35 then you potentially have a management career of double that length. Learning the job in a big club with no expectations, facing tough challenges without the threat of immediate sacking if you get it wrong is actually not a bad idea. Got to be better than going in green to a massive club with a squad worth 100s of millions and getting ditched at the first sign of trouble.

I think the modern model of hiring and firing managers at a whim is almost as broken as the football model itself.

It's bizarre and maybe a different approach where a manager is given time to build the brand is needed. Maybe this is it? 

2 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

But maybe, just maybe he's seen what happened to the likes of Lampard and Solksjaer and realised that's not the path he wants right now. As a footballer you get a professional career of 15-20 years if you're lucky. If you start managing at 35 then you potentially have a management career of double that length. Learning the job in a big club with no expectations, facing tough challenges without the threat of immediate sacking if you get it wrong is actually not a bad idea. Got to be better than going in green to a massive club with a squad worth 100s of millions and getting ditched at the first sign of trouble - and finding yourself jobless after only a couple of years in the management game

A similar route to Steven Gerrard. You're right in that it might give him the fundamental building blocks to become a successful manager in the longer term. Lets be honest, he'll be learning thick and fast right now.  

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why is it any different to new owners coming in and choosing the manager they want? How is this different except we are, if your supposition is correct, just one step ahead!?

Of course it's different, Rooney/his agent clearly have connections to Kirchner and personally, I'm not keen on that.  

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Nobody should be comfortable with the idea that a manager can install his own people above his own station, therefore rendering himself untouchable.

However, if the last year has been anything to go by, people on here will not only bend over backwards to excuse, but will actively try and convince you that it's a positive thing.

At the end of the day, if they can get behind the idea of a player undermining their manager and then taking his job, then the idea of that same person having vicarious control over the whole club won't be much more of a stretch. 

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Interesting that Kirchner was sat in Rooney's seats tonight, rather than a directors box. Funny that he was also with Stretford and Cook again. 

It's blaringly obvious that these are Rooney's men, it's not even like they're trying to hide it anymore, with Rooney keep mentioning Kirchner. It's clear as well that the S*n are doing PR for Kirchner, as Nixon also happens to be buddies with Stretford (Nixon left The Guardian in 2004 because of his links with Stretford). 

I just want a club to support that is well run - beyond that I’m not fussed