Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

The other bidders must be Mel Morris because the silence is deafening coming from their camp. 

That's the point. There is no need to say anything until a deal is done. Being noisy on social is all very well, but it doesn't mean you're any more credible than anyone who isn't making the same noise. I'm not doubting CK's credentials, I don't know what he's shown the administrators any more than anyone on this message board, but he hasn't won the race just because he likes Twitter, despite what some might think.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

This. There are three (at least) other serious bidders who are getting on with it without the self publicity and who might be just as good if not better than this guy. Best not to get carried away with him at this stage as he might not be the chosen buyer. 

How do you know that then, 'at least three'?

43 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

That's the point. There is no need to say anything until a deal is done. Being noisy on social is all very well, but it doesn't mean you're any more credible than anyone who isn't making the same noise. I'm not doubting CK's credentials, I don't know what he's shown the administrators any more than anyone on this message board, but he hasn't won the race just because he likes Twitter, despite what some might think.

It was said tongue in cheek just because of how quiet MM has been for so long 

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know that then, 'at least three'?

Because that's what the administrators have put into the public domain thus far. Maybe as of this morning there's more, maybe there's less. Oh, and also because I spoke to one of them two weeks ago and that's what they told me. 

12 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

At this stage though I can't really anything to gain by staying silent or to lose by speaking up.

Kirchner is building up a little swell of support because he seems invested in us on a personal level. With nothing to go on elsewhere but The Binnies, a potential link to Rush (not really trusted at Derby) and Appleby (previously ran the club in a way where thousands were bored of watching and stopped going) and vague comments about an overseas businessman then naturally people will start to get a feel for Kirchner.

If other prospective owners were the type who could blow him out of the water, well what are they waiting for? Give the fans hope, give them something to believe in. Our situation is known, our league status next year 95% confirmed, being a mystery man in the shadows does nothing for anyone. If anything it elicits a certainly level of distrust and lack of openness from the off.

Their silence only gives the impression they're only interested in the club as a business acquisition, not in itself a bad thing - it can mean sensible investment but equally it can mean no investment -  but it doesn't get fans onboard and doesn't exactly scream that they're a serious financial player.

If we were looking at a David Tepper level buyer with billions to his name what's the point in him not saying anything, what's he waiting for? The obvious answer would seem to be that we're not talking about anyone on that level.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

On a personal level im really happy with CK , I want someone who will get fired up and interested , that transfers into he is more likely to get passionate about the club and invest .

This drop down could be the best thing that has happened to us but we dont see it now . 

It all depends on a fairly quick return anything over 2 years and things could get very sad . 

We surely do have an advantage if signing players relies on income generated we are one of the big fish now so should be able to offer and get the better lower league players to get us back up . But to do it in the first season when we will want basically an entire new team from top to the reserves will take some doing . An instant return is a very big ask because of the amount of players we have at the RIGHT AGE , i personally wouldnt be looking at davies , ckr , jags come on we need to move on and start again with a totally fresh group of faces .Not more of the same playing staff that will be full of the sorrows of past seasons passing their attitude on to the new players .Clear them all out they have nearly all gone anyway .Rooney really will have a blank canvas if he or whoever is manager next year .