Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If you don't get facts from this forum, why are you on it? To give us your facts? Programmed to give but not receive?

Get facts from this forum? Okey dokey.

Kristen Bell Laughing GIF

As to why I am on this forum my therapist asked me the same question the other day. I still need to think a bit more about that. I can tell you for definite though that I am a giver not a receiver.

42 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

As to why I am on this forum my therapist asked me the same question the other day. I still need to think a bit more about that. I can tell you for definite though that I am a giver not a receiver.

Just further evidence for you.

Here is extract from  EFL statement from May 2021

"More specifically, the panel determined that the Club’s policy was not in accordance with accounting standard FRS102 because it failed to accurately reflect the manner in which the Club takes the benefit of player registrations over the lifetime of a player’s contract.

The original Disciplinary Commission had already concluded that the Club did not adequately disclose in its financial statements the nature and or effect of its change in accounting policy, and there has been no appeal against that decision."

Now my original reading of this, yes my opinion, was that this was deliberately misleading by EFL to put these two things together. Anyone reading that could conclude that Derby's alleged breaches of FRS102 was something they had got away with since 2015/16 only beause they hadn't adequately disclosed their policy.. possibly deliberately been misleading.

Sure enough  EFL's submission to the IDC on the penalties to apply , they made claims of bad faith on Derby's part, despite not making that charge at the original hearing (which De Marco naturally picked up on, as  I have highlighted). Sheff Wednesday were charged with bad faith (but not found guilty). Derby were not even charged with bad faith yet EFL still tried to allege it late in the process  in order to get us maximum penalty. Here is the extract, and to cut a long story short the IDC rightly agreed wih de Marco. EFL were trying it on.

"(EFL allegation) That the Club’s conduct had been ‘reckless’ and not in good faith, in the sense that the
Club must have known or suspected that the efficacy of its amortisation policy was
questionable (because its amortisation policy differed from that operated by other
clubs), yet had chosen not to investigate the same properly or at all prior to
implementing and operating the policy. In that regard the EFL pointed to
i) The Club’s failure to seek or obtain written advice (before implementing the policy)
as to whether the proposed new amortisation policy would comply with FRS 102
ii) The Club’s failure to keep written records of its operation of the amortisation policy

iii) The Club’s failure to keep written records of any advice sought or received as to
whether, as the policy was in fact being operated, compliance with FRS 102 was
being achieved
iv) The Club’s failure to seek confirmation from the EFL that the amortisation policy
that it was proposing to adopt, and then was applying, complied with FRS 102
(3) That the Club’s conduct (in not approaching the EFL proactively in connection with the
change in policy, in mis-recording the policy in its Annual Accounts and (on the EFL’s
case) in being less than open when it met with the EFL in May 2019) was consistent

with a desire on its part to ‘conceal’ the changed amortisation policy that it was in fact
applying, specifically from the EFL but also more widely
(4) That the Club had been negligent, and had behaved carelessly and unreasonably, by
adopting the amortisation policy that it did and by recording the same in the inaccurate
terms that it did in each set of Annual Accounts
59) Mr De Marco QC for the Club objected in strong terms to any suggestion by the EFL –
explicit or implicit – that the Club had acted deliberately (in the sense of dishonestly), in
bad faith or recklessly or that the Club had sought to consciously conceal anything about
the amortisation policy that it was operating. No such suggestion, he reminded us, had
ever been put to the Club or any of its witnesses. Likewise, the EFL
(1) Had not pleaded any such mens rea in connection with the Second Charge, and
(2) Had not presented its case on the Second Charge before us last year on any such
basis.
The Club’s position was accordingly that we should approach sanction on the basis that
the Club had acted honestly and in good faith in all respects";

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

We really don’t need to know what goes on in your bedroom thank you, I’m just about to have my roast chicken 

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Didn’t you know .. disagreeing with someone is a hate crime. For gods sake keep up man ! 

Sadly, the forum's slowly but surely going to the dogs. Just a joyless, humourless pile-on, with the same folk posting the same stuff day after day with anyone trying to be remotely upbeat soon set upon by the know-all, mithering, man-baby, moodhoovers. I guess being 'right' trumps actually supporting the club when it needs it most, in the minds of some anyway.

Thankfully the lads doing the heavy lifting are still putting in a shift on the pitch, even if the performances are a little uneven. They've certainly not given up, even if half the 'supporters' on here have. What any of the players reading this forum would make of it, God only knows. It's hardly inspirational! ?

32 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Sadly, the forum's slowly but surely going to the dogs. Just a joyless, humourless pile-on, with the same folk posting the same stuff day after day with anyone trying to be remotely upbeat soon set upon by the know-all, mithering, man-baby, moodhoovers. I guess being 'right' trumps actually supporting the club when it needs it most, in the minds of some anyway.

Thankfully the lads doing the heavy lifting are still putting in a shift on the pitch, even if the performances are a little uneven. They've certainly not given up, even if half the 'supporters' on here have. What any of the players reading this forum would make of it, God only knows. It's hardly inspirational! ?

Well at least we get information on the sexual preferences of  some forum members . 

29 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Very negative for you...bad day??

Have to admit I'm getting bored of the same interrogation of FFP/amortisation/accounts  etc etc....ultimately I don't really give a shoot, I just want to move on. Really hard to know which buyer to prefer, which points deduction to quibble over, or... whether the manager is a legend in the making guiding us through troubled times or somebody who has barely won a game in forever.

Feels like the divorce is through,  the pets have been divided but the house sale has been delayed so instead of looking forward I'm stuck living with someone who hates my guts and no chance of bringing anyone back... 

Hang on....sorry,  moodhoover alert!

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Very negative for you...bad day??

Have to admit I'm getting bored of the same interrogation of FFP/amortisation/accounts  etc etc....ultimately I don't really give a shoot, I just want to move on. Really hard to know which buyer to prefer, which points deduction to quibble over, or... whether the manager is a legend in the making guiding us through troubled times or somebody who has barely won a game in forever.

Feels like the divorce is through,  the pets have been divided but the house sale has been delayed so instead of looking forward I'm stuck living with someone who hates my guts and no chance of bringing anyone back... 

Hang on....sorry,  moodhoover alert!

Nah, just weary of the defeatism that seems so prevalent these days. You'd not want many on here by your side in a scrap ?‍♀️

If true the Athletic tweet seems like a compromise and one I would accept. I don’t think we would over turn -15 points but at least we might ( due to the poor quality in the championship this year) have a glimmer of hope. 

we don’t have all of the information as to why we appealed the -12 points or our FFP score ( Mel said £4m). People might think they do but they don’t, information is limited.

Administration is a serious thing and it is right that clubs are penalised. It s also the right of a club to appeal based on the rules.

other clubs feel that on FFP we should receive a bigger penalty than Reading.  Their spending was Ona different scale to ours, their wage bill massive, their debt huge and their FFP overspent over 10 times ours ( and they have also sold their stadium).

-15 is a big penalty, in fact it might as well be -50 as to overturn it we would need to produce play off type performances and we don’t have the team or squad to do that. -15 also gives us an issue in January, do we try and bringin players to fight to stay in the championship or prepare for League 1.