Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

20 hours ago, JfR said:

Only very tangentially related to this thread, but thought it might be worth a mention:
Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson placed nine of his other companies into administration the other day
https://www.purebusinessgroup.co.uk/index.html

16 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Worth mentioning all of the George chip shops went into Administration the other day - must be lots of pie salespeople owed money due to the pandemic 

Nah not having it, Covid was an excuse for administration invented by MM, I know because I read it on here.

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Really, really hoping the appeal is never heard, that the admins do a deal with the EFL on everything in advance. Otherwise it threatens the plan to conclude a sale in Dec/early Jan 

I am really hoping the appeal is heard and we get a proper and independent scrutiny of the various things that people are blindly stating as facts.

and as someone has said this does not delay the sale process especially as there is a set timetable for getting deemed consent from creditors.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Firstly, let me state, that I am pleased we have appealed. However, against my better judgment in partial defence of @alram it’s not a simple choice of one or the other. Spending £300,000 on the appeal doesn’t automatically avoid the losses incurred as a result of relegation. We may lose the appeal or win it and still get relegated. There is therefore a third scenario costing the club c£6,300,000.

If it’s a forlorn hope (none of us have seen the actual case submitted) then the £300,000 would have been better spent on protecting jobs (even if only for the rest of this season) but the administrators are not fools and, I assume, have not just appealed to appease the fans. They must believe it’s an appeal worth making. A frivolous appeal costing £300,000 would hardly be acting in the best interests of creditors or staff. This is the point Alram is failing or refusing to accept.

exactly! This is my point here, we are very unlikely to survive even with a few points off a deduction (the best we can hope for?)

You are just adding costs to the club, and they will probably have to be recouped in January anyway. The job of the administrator is to make the club as cheap as possible, even if it was the case it's the difference between Champ / League One, you are going to have to wait until next year to find out - and by that time if no takeover is done player sales will have had to happen anyway!

Edited by alram

8 minutes ago, alram said:

exactly! This is my point here, we are very unlikely to survive even with a few points off a deduction (the best we can hope for?)

You are just adding costs to the club, and they will probably have to be recouped in January anyway. The job of the administrator is to make the club as cheap as possible, even if it was the case it's the difference between Champ / League One, you are going to have to wait until next year to find out - and by that time if no takeover is done player sales will have had to happen anyway!

The two things are though: firstly whilst current form is not good, you can’t really say that with the 12 points (or part thereof) deduction reversed we wouldn’t have a fighting chance of survival. Secondly, none of us have seen the actual details of the appeal submitted and therefore don’t really know how likely we are to succeed. I’d like to think that profession administrators armed with all the information and legal obligations to fulfil are better placed than us to judge the chances of success.

So, to be clear, I’m not in anyway agreeing with you. I just understand your point of view but don’t understand your dismissal of our chances of survival or the credibility of the administrator.

33 minutes ago, alram said:

But its done and we have appealed. There is nothing we can do about this and all the prior stuff  - its done and just hope we get new owners they will learn from it all. Sorry not aimed at you at all but I am just fed up now of all the endless discussions and arguments about what has gone off before. 

Although the administrators have one eye on the end of the season, surely their main aim is to find a buyer to keep the club in existence now? 

With this in mind the appeal, if successful, will mean that they are trying to sell a club which is more likely and will need less funds, to avoid relegation. This, in turn, will make the club more attractive to potential new owners and attract a higher price.

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

People keep saying 300k all because Nixon put it in one of his tweets. We have no idea how much - if it was £60k, it would all sound very different!

Guessing it is a set fee and we have to stump up all of the costs?

Its subsequently been mentioned that the administrators may in future have to bear the fee of £300k.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Guessing it is a set fee and we have to stump up all of the costs?

Its subsequently been mentioned that the administrators may in future have to bear the fee of £300k.

I don’t believe so.

I think the 300k was what Wigan reported the appeal cost them, solicitors and all.

If an appeal had a fee, it would be written in the rules which are public.

Do we even have solicitors working on our behalf (Di Marco?) or are our administrators qualified solicitors?

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I don’t believe so.

I think the 300k was what Wigan reported the appeal cost them, solicitors and all.

If an appeal had a fee, it would be written in the rules which are public.

Do we even have solicitors working on our behalf (Di Marco?) or are our administrators qualified solicitors?

Maguire who posted on here as "the Baron" said in one of his posts that DCFC have the best Lawyer going...so think that could be De Marco

4 hours ago, alram said:

The job of the Administrator is to get the best return for the creditors.
If the 12 poInts are returned there would be a greater expectation that the club can avoid relegation and better outlook for income projections. This would inevitably mean the suitors paying more which can be used towards paying debts. Therefore the Administrators have an obligation to appeal if they feel it is justified.

12 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

I am really hoping the appeal is heard and we get a proper and independent scrutiny of the various things that people are blindly stating as facts.

and as someone has said this does not delay the sale process especially as there is a set timetable for getting deemed consent from creditors.

You wouldn’t rather hear on Tuesday that the appeal has been dropped, we have -X points all in, we have agreed suitable FFP headroom for the next two years, we have agreed a basis for amortisation going forward and we are out of embargo ?

I would  

14 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The appeal is heard this coming week.  It will not affect January plans at all compared with coming to an agreement with the EFL

I think the EFl does not want the appeal to be heard and therefore we might get overall settlement from EFL if we agree to drop it. If the appeal goes ahead, we still have  FFP issues outstanding and we have lost leverage to force a deal. So we are in danger of remaining under embargo in Jan

13 hours ago, alram said:

Or we get all 12 points back that were wrongly taken.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Or we get all 12 points back that were wrongly taken.

oh come on, they were not wrongly taken. We got put into administration because our owner put us into administration.

or shall we go back to the good old days when there were no points deductions for administration and every team exploited it?

Just now, alram said:

oh come on, they were not wrongly taken. We got put into administration because our owner put us into administration.

or shall we go back to the good old days when there were no points deductions for administration and every team exploited it?

The efl played a dirty on Derby and I also think that they force mel Hand to put Derby into administration.

7 hours ago, alram said:

Or shall we let the appeals panel decide rather resurrecting this debate AGAIN?