Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Look there is an appeal. The appeal will then publish its findings. They may find Mel had pots of money and could easily have avoided administration . Or they may not.

Let’s wait and see shall we?

Even if Mel is found to have pots of money it doesn’t mean he had a legal obligation to keep putting money in order to avoid administration does it?

1 hour ago, alram said:

May as well start challenging everything pete, never mind the football. lets just take every result and referee decision to the courts instead.

we may well be challenging it, but it's going to happen

Well so far Efl has tried two with two charges to deduct points off us and failed both times. 

in my view that says more about the Efl than it says about Derby. 

59 minutes ago, alram said:

In what way were we cutting costs? Post lampard we signed rooney on huge wages, and almost over 10 million for bieliek and jozwiak. and please don't come to me saying it was in installments, you still have to pay it.

I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE people have actually brought the COVID BS. it is unbelievable to me people are that naive, and it's naive to think the authorities will be that way inclined too. we are the ONLY club that has gone into admin "because of covid", just happens that we were pissing away money the years before that - but that has nothing to do with it! It is like when we were the only club in the country to not sell season tickets "because of covid", you ever think there is more to it? it is widely laughed at across the football world that we are blaming it on covid.

for the love of god people, wake up! I am sick to death of all this off field nonsense and defending people that have no right to be defended. the club has been run into the ground, stop making excuses for them.

So maguire is ok to highlight the fact that our wage bill tripled between 2014 and 208 but a rams fan cannot point out that the wage bill is back to the 2014 level again?

58 minutes ago, alram said:

In what way were we cutting costs? Post lampard we signed rooney on huge wages, and almost over 10 million for bieliek and jozwiak. and please don't come to me saying it was in installments, you still have to pay it.

I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE people have actually brought the COVID BS. it is unbelievable to me people are that naive, and it's naive to think the authorities will be that way inclined too. we are the ONLY club that has gone into admin "because of covid", just happens that we were pissing away money the years before that - but that has nothing to do with it! It is like when we were the only club in the country to not sell season tickets "because of covid", you ever think there is more to it? it is widely laughed at across the football world that we are blaming it on covid.

for the love of god people, wake up! I am sick to death of all this off field nonsense and defending people that have no right to be defended. the club has been run into the ground, stop making excuses for them.

Oooh you do love a Caps Lock emphasis don't you. Do you work for The Sun?

You could try reading people's posts rather than just stating the same opinion. 

We cut wages massively from Lampard to Cocu. Lampard's compo will have paid the initial payments for Bielik and Jozwiak. Yeh wage bill dropped by around a third and we were stitring on other big contracts that were going to run down at the end of the following season. 

Whether that is enough to convince an appeal is open to question. By the way I don't see anyone saying the administration is 100% is down to Covid, no one is that 'naive' as you put it. However nor can anyone say it was 100% not covid. 

On the current wage bill with the income of 3 years ago we would be making relatively small losses. 

1 hour ago, alram said:

Rona Hazmat GIF by KING OF THE ROAD

2 hours ago, alram said:

i admire your optimism but i don't see it coming that close. don't forget we have another deduction coming as well.

It might do, who can say, and no one knows what this other deduction will be if there is one. I’m expecting the 12 points to be reduced to be honest. Don’t know if that’s optimism or blind faith but I can’t see how covid would not quality as a force majeure and Derby surely would not be in administration now if it wasn’t for the pandemic. 

2 hours ago, alram said:

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

6 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

It might do, who can say, and no one knows what this other deduction will be if there is one. I’m expecting the 12 points to be reduced to be honest. Don’t know if that’s optimism or blind faith but I can’t see how covid would not quality as a force majeure and Derby surely would not be in administration now if it wasn’t for the pandemic. 

I shall pass the baton over to you. I've done my bit. 

17 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

It might do, who can say, and no one knows what this other deduction will be if there is one. I’m expecting the 12 points to be reduced to be honest. Don’t know if that’s optimism or blind faith but I can’t see how covid would not quality as a force majeure and Derby surely would not be in administration now if it wasn’t for the pandemic

Have you got alram on Ignore?

8 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I would certainly put the odds in our favour. IMO, it's down to whether the panel believe we could have done more DURING COVID to avoid it (not just delay it). For example, the selling of players, not buying players for fees or adding to the wage bill, etc...
They also have to factor in whether our behaviour at the time of making those decisions was reasonable. So was it reasonable to assume fans could be in the grounds early into the 20/21 season at the time we bought Jozwiak and added the likes of Marshall and Byrne to our wage bill, meaning we would have been able to afford them?
We rejected bids for Lawrence and Buchanan. Would we have received enough to avoid administration? Extremely unlikely.

13 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You could always try another thread mate. TBH, I'd wager a few are 'sick to death' of you posting the same thing dozens of times a day too.

I was thinking more along the lines of another forum rather than another thread to be honest - I haven’t got many folk on ignore, but we have a top candidate here….

3 hours ago, JfR said:

Only very tangentially related to this thread, but thought it might be worth a mention:
Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson placed nine of his other companies into administration the other day
https://www.purebusinessgroup.co.uk/index.html

Worth mentioning all of the George chip shops went into Administration the other day - must be lots of pie salespeople owed money due to the pandemic