Relegation team onwards

seths-cap

Seeing as we’ve got one of the meanest defences so far this season I won’t both with a defender. Yeah it would be nice to have Tomori’s pace to cover Jags or Curtis, but we conceded a lot of goals that season. A fully fit Shaun Barker would be good as well.

Thought of Will Hughes for midfield then I remember how unplayable Gorgeous George was when we had him on loan, and how he could take out half of the opposition with 1 pass. 

It would be nice to have some end product on the wing, and as good as Kris Commons was at times, it’d have to be Tom Ince. 

As for a striker, gotta be Chris Martin hasn’t it…

39 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Tomori, Mount and Martin in his prime because we need a goal scorer. 

Yep probably that although I think Hughes, Wilson, Thorne and a couple of others are better players than Martin (I'm also not sure we are set up for even 'prime' Martin these days, and I think he was always the kind of player who needed a team who played a certain way. But it just goes to show how few decent strikers we've had at the club over the last decade.)

I don't think we realised just how good Tomori, Wilson, and Mount were at the time - they made a squad of otherwise pretty average players look a lot better than they were (and made Lampard look a better manager than he was, too).

Edited by vonwright

George Thorne when at his brilliant best, Mason Mount and Chris Martin who scored a lot of goals for us. 

Lots of great players miss out, but our problem this season will be scoring enough goals to stay up and all of these would help immensely, Thorne because of his ability to turn defence into attack and because he was good enough to do the job of two defensive midfielders, freeing us up to have another forward on the pitch.

I kind of wonder what Vydra would have been like with Morrison just behind him. 

You could always see in Vydra, even when he wasn’t scoring, that he was a degree faster in thought than those around him at the time. He would have thrived with Ravell 

George during his loan spell, Osman, Hughes … 

Fun post ?

I'm using a 'no loan players' rule (imposed entirely by myself)

Vydra - Similar style of play to Baldock but better

Ince - Adds goals, pace, danger and work rate (I was disappointed in the fans who booed him the other week - By all accounts he was forced out by Rowett so he could pay for Lawrence)

Thorne - I went back and forth on this one because we have Bielik but in this system a fit Thorne AND Bielik would tear up this league (plus there's a good chance that you could maybe get a combined 30 games a season out of them - Just consider them one player)

17 hours ago, seths-cap said:

You get them at their best.

……. at their best….. (ignoring loaned players e.g Mount)

Craig Bryson

Jamie Ward

Wayne Rooney

Need goals more than anything at the moment…….I’d have gone with Ince but I think we need players with the same team spirit and work ethic so for me Jamie Ward is right up up there.  Banking on our old guard at the back continuing to do the business

Couldn’t resist Wazza at his best ?

*Dont mention Keogh, don’t mention Keogh, don’t mention Keogh*

Bamford

Martin

Hendrick

All three would have a field day with how we play. I think Bryson and Hughes would maybe get lost in the shuffle around Morrison, Lawrence, Knight and Sibley.

Honoury mention for Eustace, but also think our defence is relatively well shielded at the minutr