Rams vs Swansea Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don't think that some of them looked tired? It's not surprising in such a small squad with lots of pressure on them.

Also, are we really that exclusive being tired?  Granted we have a small squad, but other teams rest the odd player. Not the whole team!!? 
Leggy? FFS!

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Because he's a RB playing as a forward ?

I agree. I really hope we don’t waste the potential he has trying to shoehorn him into various positions just to utilise his pace. 

The kid is an attacking full back who troubles teams with the game in front of him where he can gather momentum and burst past people. 

That’s a totally different skill set to receiving with your back to the game, playing high up being marked by full backs or rolling inside to play in pockets like an inside forward / 10.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You do realise that these things aren't just a physical thing don't you?

You’ve got a point there Roy. I reckon the adrenaline was pumping at high pressure against Reading. Today was a workmanlike performance against a possession loving side. It wasn’t great but considering the events of the last 10 days or so I reckon the lads are allowed the odd quiet game. They aren’t machines and can’t be on a beserker every time. It just doesn’t work like that. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Because he's a RB playing as a forward ?

The last time this happened was Paul Trollope at Coventry wasn’t it ?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You do realise that these things aren't just a physical thing don't you?

Hmm, not too patronising but ok. So that doesn’t affect the teams we play?  Maybe you have an insight into the psych of the team, but watching interviews with players we did seem to be in a positive place mentally considering the deduction. The only player that didn’t look fit enough to me was Ravel. 
Anyways it was the first half that lacked that extra effort, I was pleased with the second half effort, so I’m not sure about the argument that we are not physically or mentally fit enough to play 11 games.

Thougnt some of the players looked a bit leggy in the first half and was worried how they would manage the latter stages of the match. But I'll give them due praise, they dug in and ground out a draw and were unlucky not to pinch a goal in the second half.

Tough game.

We invited them on early doors and faffed about too much at the back. They passed the ball cleanly and quickly and are clearly a decent footballing side.

Second half, went to a back 5 and looked to hit them on the break, very nearly worked as we could have had a smash and grab but a point was well won with hard work and keeping the shape.

Allsop is a massive bonus.

The ref was not as bad as Wednesday night but still cheated with booking Derby players for very similar challenges to Swansea's.

I don't know if it's already been noted, but the atmosphere at the ground is so much better these days, as demonstrated at half time. Can you imagine any time in the recent past at PP or probably any other ground, a home team coming off the pitch without a single goal attempt, never mind not being booed, but actually receiving some applause from the home fans, well in the NE corner, anyway?

I think this positivity and togetherness can only help us through these difficult times and long may it continue.

Rooney continues to proof himself the right man for the job.

Building a team from very limited resources.

I'm impressed with the draw.

That said Derby need to actually win games just to overturn the 12 point deduction, let alone in the shadow of a possible further 9 points.

I'm not seeing where the quality striker is coming from, but with one Derby would be winning rather than just drawing games.

The players did brilliantly today.

Goals are definately required.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

I don't know if it's already been noted, but the atmosphere at the ground is so much better these days, as demonstrated at half time. Can you imagine any time in the recent past at PP or probably any other ground, a home team coming off the pitch without a single goal attempt, never mind not being booed, but actually receiving some applause from the home fans, well in the NE corner, anyway?

I think this positivity and togetherness can only help us through these difficult times and long may it continue.

It sounds good on RamsTV! ? #wishIwasthere I was really impressed that after the game ended there was still lots of crowd noise and singing. #COYR

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

Yes it has been noted, after every match actually.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It sounds good on RamsTV! ? #wishIwasthere I was really impressed that after the game ended there was still lots of crowd noise and singing. #COYR

It was very noticeable that very few people seemed to leave early today or Wednesday for that matter (at least in the SW corner where I sit). In previous seasons, the ground would be half empty with a few minutes to go. Good to see the players applauding a fairly full South Stand at the end.

56 minutes ago, jono said:

You’ve got a point there Roy. I reckon the adrenaline was pumping at high pressure against Reading. Today was a workmanlike performance against a possession loving side. It wasn’t great but considering the events of the last 10 days or so I reckon the lads are allowed the odd quiet game. They aren’t machines and can’t be on a beserker every time. It just doesn’t work like that. 

Nail on the head there.

No different from our performances at our employment, There's good and bad days, The pressure that are on these players to perform in the circumstances we're in won't come much higher, It's not only a pride in their game but they are there for us aswel, You can overperform which in turn becomes an underperformance.