Rams vs Swansea Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

26 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Not seen it but this sounds the most frustrating thing. Not what a captain should do. A chance for Jack Stretton to score his first Pride Park goal on his first league start but the skipper doesn't give him the ball and the opportunity is gone. And now Stretton is off, confidence diminished.

The first one would have been difficult to slide Stretton in. The second one was on Lawrence’s right foot so can’t blame him too much but the third one was an easy opportunity to square it to Stretton who was open, five yards out. But what do you expect from Lawrence? His decision making has always been rubbish. He isn’t ever going to learn or change.

Edited by Bris Vegas

All round Swansea had a more technically adept bunch of players.  When you have everyone bar Morrison dropping deep you play into there hands.  No doubt this team works defensively at its maximum, but that's biting on old legs now.  Battling will get us some points but I have no idea what we do for goals. Baldock is simply not up to it.  Injured ,lightweight and  panicked with the few chances we do make. Kazim-Richards after a purple patch, was getting less productive as time went on  At some point in games you have to try and go for it as we need 18 or 19 wins if as expected we lose another 9 and we're very hard pushed to get that with a side with options.  Where is Jozwiak by the way. surely he should be getting time of some sort, have I missed something.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

A hard earned point. Not unhappy.

Oh for a goal scorer.

A decent 2nd half display. #COYR

Sky reporter said Swasea had most of the possesion, Derby had the better chances that went begging, 2 from Lawrence and 1 from Knight.

We have a great defence, Equelly we have a poor strike force, Goals gets you points...this could be our achilles heal.

8 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Sky reporter said Swasea had most of the possesion, Derby had the better chances that went begging, 2 from Lawrence and 1 from Knight.

We have a great defence, Equelly we have a poor strike force, Goals gets you points...this could be our achilles heal.

Possession obsession baffles me.  Goals win games and yeah, we are a bit light up front.

58 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Not seen it but this sounds the most frustrating thing. Not what a captain should do. A chance for Jack Stretton to score his first Pride Park goal on his first league start but the skipper doesn't give him the ball and the opportunity is gone. And now Stretton is off, confidence diminished.

Pretty much a fair description 

Would've taken 4 points from Swansea and Reading at home at the start of the week.

I did think the win v Reading was a big effort so expected us to be a bit leggy today and not surprised Swansea dominated the ball. I'm pleased our stubon streak is still solidly in place.

international break to get rested and find a new sugar daddy.