whats going on with Bobby Duncan?

RYRAM

I keep thinking back to the Chorley game when I expected him to show abit of class with his reputation. And he was dreadful. Offered nothing, made no runs. A sloth had a better work rate.

Not surprised he's not playing any football 

Edited by SouthStandDan

7 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

I keep thinking back to the Chorley game when I expected him to show abit of class with his reputation. And he was dreadful. Offered nothing, made no runs. A sloth had a better work rate.

Not surprised he's not playing any football 

Yes that would have been his big chance to show people what he could do. If he has the talent surely he can learn something from Ravel being around about not wasting the chances you are given. 

2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

There's something really sad in here - not only were we unable to scout the big ticket players like Johnson and Blackman but we also have failed to bring through young talent from outside to challenge in any aspect. Our whole scouting set up needs a root and branch overhaul.

Tend to disagree about the academy scouting - Bogle, Ebosele, Knight  Watson, Hutchinson are big success stories. We have other youngsters not yet quite ready but looking good.

I think Bobby Duncan's situation is an exception. 

Maybe it is the 'big names' we shouldn't be signing?

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Tend to disagree about the academy scouting - Bogle, Ebosele, Knight  Watson, Hutchinson are big success stories. We have other youngsters not yet quite ready but looking good.

I think Bobby Duncan's situation is an exception. 

Maybe it is the 'big names' we shouldn't be signing?

Yeah, I meant to say 'academy aside' but not quite sure what happened in my brain for it not to get to 'paper'.

It's not either or though, is it, it's a blend of it all. Take Clough - signs Todd on a British record fee for a defender then goes and gets Roger Davies from Worcester City. Did that same at Forest, Garry Birtles and Trevor Francis. It's a blend, sometimes you're better at one than the other, we've been poor at both for a long, long time now.