Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

55 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

This was my Suicide note in September, when people talk about how it affects us fans. I obviously had other problems, but this was my note left to my parents when I took an overdose. Please Rams, also note how abuse of other players does not help.

I'm sorry, Mum Dad and my friends it is not your fault.

I'll miss seeing Tabitha grow up, hopefully she will be an ace GK

I obv have alcohol and mental health probs, but maybe, just maybe, the likes of Steve Gibson at Middlesborough and the EFL will realise the impact that their actions have on supporters, a constant stream of negative press and comments on social media may effect fans. Not that I'm sure they ultimately care.

Also to fans of other clubs, could we be not more civil> Derby fans have been utter bankers in recent times, but do we not legitimise this behaviour by saying "others did worse" that's no defence in murder.

As Write my suicide note Derby played Sheff Utd (a real club btw, as are most in the league bar the abomination that is MK Dons) and Billy Sharp celebrated like mad after scoring, as he should as our fans have called him both a sex offender and a paedo. Maybe if we were less tribalistic as fans then we could be better, the GK's union is like this, by and large personal abuse is not tolerated, there is mutual appreciation of skill. Could we just go back to that please?

Also, and I am biased, FFP just keeps the top teams at the table and has made us Derby fans suffer for close on 18 months, added to Covid, to people like me it has pushed me over the edge. I truly hope Gibson at Boro knows he has at least partial blood on his hands, as his actions made me do this, despite him being a number of clubs that have had parachute payments.

I first went to see Derby in 85, and without them I am nothing really

I've obviously gone beyond this now, but this is how it made ME feel, and I am sure we have others.

Maybe the EFL should know what their actions have done, perhaps I'm wrong and as other fans on social media say 'you deserve it' I think that I don't deserve it.

*please do not share on social media or beyond this forum.

Mate, I hope things are improving for you, I think people forget how important our clubs are for us all. Take care, look after yourself and if you need a bounce, message me.

1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

This was my Suicide note in September, when people talk about how it affects us fans. I obviously had other problems, but this was my note left to my parents when I took an overdose. Please Rams, also note how abuse of other players does not help.

I'm sorry, Mum Dad and my friends it is not your fault.

I'll miss seeing Tabitha grow up, hopefully she will be an ace GK

I obv have alcohol and mental health probs, but maybe, just maybe, the likes of Steve Gibson at Middlesborough and the EFL will realise the impact that their actions have on supporters, a constant stream of negative press and comments on social media may effect fans. Not that I'm sure they ultimately care.

Also to fans of other clubs, could we be not more civil> Derby fans have been utter bankers in recent times, but do we not legitimise this behaviour by saying "others did worse" that's no defence in murder.

As Write my suicide note Derby played Sheff Utd (a real club btw, as are most in the league bar the abomination that is MK Dons) and Billy Sharp celebrated like mad after scoring, as he should as our fans have called him both a sex offender and a paedo. Maybe if we were less tribalistic as fans then we could be better, the GK's union is like this, by and large personal abuse is not tolerated, there is mutual appreciation of skill. Could we just go back to that please?

Also, and I am biased, FFP just keeps the top teams at the table and has made us Derby fans suffer for close on 18 months, added to Covid, to people like me it has pushed me over the edge. I truly hope Gibson at Boro knows he has at least partial blood on his hands, as his actions made me do this, despite him being a number of clubs that have had parachute payments.

I first went to see Derby in 85, and without them I am nothing really

I've obviously gone beyond this now, but this is how it made ME feel, and I am sure we have others.

Maybe the EFL should know what their actions have done, perhaps I'm wrong and as other fans on social media say 'you deserve it' I think that I don't deserve it.

*please do not share on social media or beyond this forum.

You are very brave to share that.

I wish you the very best and hope that you are feeling better now.

I've talked on here before about Ying Yang.

Just keep in mind that when things seem really bad, they will get better again.

It works the other way aswell, of course. It goes in cycles. But the important thing is to remember that it does always get better again.

It will for us too ? and I know it will for you.

“27th Chairman of Middlesbrough F.C. Stephen Gibson OBE (born 9 January 1958) is a British entrepreneur and the chairman and owner of Middlesbrough Football Club. In May 2020, he was listed 481st on the Sunday Times Rich List, with a net worth of £270 million.”

Mr Gibson, you, directly as a consequence of your actions will be responsible for loss of life, not only the loss of livelihood (although that is bad enough) but the loss of LIFE!! Not one DCFC supporter deserves this and neither do the families (wives, husbands, kids...) who will be left behind - is this what you intended when you started your utterly ridiculous campaign for vengeance (for what I still cannot fathom out?) - because it’s what you’ll have on your conscience (if you have one) for the rest of your very comfortable existence.

This is not an over dramatic, knee jerk reaction from a star-struck fan (I’m a mid 50’s, highly qualified professional) and neither is it a plea to allow DCFC to weasel out of the mess that its previous controllers (Morris and Pearce) have driven it to, but rather it’s reality - it’s what will happen, once, twice, 10 times or more, I don’t know but it WILL happen.

If you feel you have a genuine claim (very doubtful in my view) pursue it against the aforementioned through the courts but don’t hold the innocent, powerless and some vulnerable to mental health ransom.

Like all reasonable football fans I beseech you to do the right thing.

I do not get these legal claims. If Boro and Wycombe have grounds for a claim then surely it is against Mel Morris and not the club.

Mel was in charge so it was his overriding decision.

This is like you buying a house that has been repossessed because of the previous owners debts, and then the bank and other companies owed money coming after you. It wouldn’t stand up in civil court.

Boro and Wycombe should be advised to take a personal claim against Mel.

2 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

I do not get these legal claims. If Boro and Wycombe have grounds for a claim then surely it is against Mel Morris and not the club.

Mel was in charge so it was his overriding decision.

This is like you buying a house that has been repossessed because of the previous owners debts, and then the bank and other companies owed money coming after you. It wouldn’t stand up in civil court.

Boro and Wycombe should be advised to take a personal claim against Mel.

There is a reason businesses operate as limited liability entities.

Personally, I don't see anything that MM has done that would make him liable for any claims to be made against him personally.

2 hours ago, cstand said:

As much as I want to attend  Boro away and my vent my anger at Gibson going to work a few extra shifts instead so I can buy Match tickets for friends and family for Derby home games.

We face the very real possibility that the next two game will be our last two games 

2 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

His latest tweet gives us more cause for hope though doesn't it? Meaning any compensation would have to be agreed by a court awarding in their favour? 

I suppose a new owner could put us immediately into Administration if they won and we would have nothing to sell 

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I suppose a new owner could put us immediately into Administration if they won and we would have nothing to sell 

I think that’s the EFL’s argument that if it’s not sorted this is exactly what will happen in the unlikely event that their claims are upheld.

Let this sink in Gibson, Mind is a chosen charity for the EFL and it's member clubs.

You could be pushing a lot of Derby fans towards dark days with your vindictive actions, many might well need the MIND charity for support thanks to you.

Do you want that on your conscience, or do you even care? All about the money isn't it little man ?‍♂️ 

5A166C19-AC31-4446-B166-17B1C8C5F4DB.jpeg