Wycombe Consider Legal action (again)

Yani P

9 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I have not read all of this thread. So if this has been said, I apologise. 

But surely it is the EFL they should be angry at. We can't relegate or decide if we are punished.  It was the EFL decision.  So I can't see any problem here

EXACTLY. 

As someone else pointed out, the only reason that Wycombe even finished 3rd from bottom and not 2nd from bottom is because Sheffield Wednesday were deducted 6 points last season and not the season before - which was the decision of an independent tribunal. If a court or tribunal were to decide that Derby should have had a points deduction last season, they'd have to consider whether SWFC should have had theirs the season before - and then whether Charlton would have a claim. It's ludicrous. 

Any half competent lawyer would blow Wycombe's claim out of the water in a jiffy. 

It would be nice if we actually knew what on earth the legal action is about? And Middlesbrough for that matter.

the EFL could actually nail this stone dead if they said that no point deductions are required as Derby amortisation was perfectly legal but not usual - they could even hand down a suspended points deduction which we would probably accept just to move on. 

On 27/10/2021 at 20:09, Crewton said:

EXACTLY. 

As someone else pointed out, the only reason that Wycombe even finished 3rd from bottom and not 2nd from bottom is because Sheffield Wednesday were deducted 6 points last season and not the season before - which was the decision of an independent tribunal. If a court or tribunal were to decide that Derby should have had a points deduction last season, they'd have to consider whether SWFC should have had theirs the season before - and then whether Charlton would have a claim. It's ludicrous. 

Any half competent lawyer would blow Wycombe's claim out of the water in a jiffy. 

Have you ever been to High Wycombe?

There is nothing else to talk about.

200.gif

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Have you ever been to High Wycombe?

There is nothing else to talk about.

200.gif

LOL, yes, it's a dump in the heart of some truly beautiful English countryside. TBF I don't think most Wycombe fans support cowboy Rob's approach but inevitably if they think they might get some money out of it they won't care.