Wycombe Consider Legal action (again)

Yani P

Wycombe Wanderers owner Rob Couhig is considering taking legal action against the club's relegation to League One after Derby announced they are due to go into administration.

It comes after Derby owner Mel Morris' admission the club would have been at risk of a points deduction if it had submitted accounts for 2017-18 without using the club's controversial amortisation method.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58604851

Edited by Yani P

"Not being in the Championship this year has cost us, on the surface, around £10m," Couhig told BBC Sport. "It has probably cost another £5-10m in residual monies that would have come from us being in the Championship for a second year. It is a £15-20m loss.

"I am not just chairman and chief executive [at Wycombe], one of my obligations is to the 25% of my shareholders, which is a Trust made up of almost 1,000 of our fans. How do I explain to them that we have lost, in effect, £20m without looking at all the options? I don't know if there is a viable claim or not but there is no question we will look," he added without saying who any claim would be against.

He might have this bit right, unfortunately:

"People say they will put it into administration and somebody will come in and buy it because it is Derby. But how many points will Derby be faced with being deducted this year? More saliently, they are going to be faced with further deductions next year.

"In likelihood you would be buying a League Two team with an accumulated £50m debt. There are only so many people in the world who are out there and willing to do that."

3 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

"People say they will put it into administration and somebody will come in and buy it because it is Derby. But how many points will Derby be faced with being deducted this year? More saliently, they are going to be faced with further deductions next year.

"In likelihood you would be buying a League Two team with an accumulated £50m debt. There are only so many people in the world who are out there and willing to do that."

Why will we face further deductions next year? 

32 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Wycombe Wanderers owner Rob Couhig is considering taking legal action against the club's relegation to League One after Derby announced they are due to go into administration.

It comes after Derby owner Mel Morris' admission the club would have been at risk of a points deduction if it had submitted accounts for 2017-18 without using the club's controversial amortisation method.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58604851

Legal action against who? The Rams, the EFL, Gibson?

Tell you what, let then crack on and we'll the do the same against QPR (or the EFL) for considerably more $ as they went into the Prem after demonstrably breaking the rules (i.e. they were fined).

And if you look back at it, I'm sure there are lots of other similar cases so let them go for it, if they win then there's no reason why we can't do the same and get, what, £150m back? Problem solved. 

PS Obviously none of this will happen.

13 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

He might be but why is he even commenting on if Derby get another points deduction next year, what league we'll be in and how much debt we'll have? Another chairman of another club obsessed with Derby.