Wycombe Consider Legal action (again)

Yani P

Just a thought on the potential points deduction for next season, isn't it a thing that if you're relegated outright then any points deduction is applied to the following season?

Is it possible we finish in the bottom 3 or a points deduction for the amortisation sees us relegated so the 12 points for administration apply to next season?

8 minutes ago, Ram Bam said:

Just a thought on the potential points deduction for next season, isn't it a thing that if you're relegated outright then any points deduction is applied to the following season?

Is it possible we finish in the bottom 3 or a points deduction for the amortisation sees us relegated so the 12 points for administration apply to next season?

Administration points get deducted on the current season unless you go into administration at some stage in March I believe. It was bought in to stop clubs who were already going to be relegated doing it tactically. Since we are in September its unlikely any points we get deducted next season since we are in theory in no danger of being relegated at present, presuming the FFP related ones are revealed before then I'd imagine. 

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I understand their grievances. I didn't last year because well it wasn't like we were anywhere near the team that broke P&S. Nevertheless, they do have a good case considering their losses. It would absolutely put us in the mire more so than we already are, so I would again go back to the point - liquidate the club and start again. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is more painful than all this off-the-field baalocks. 

Midlands Counties Division 3... whatever the level. I just want to focus on the football again. 

Laughable. "They have a good case" ....... yet you are saying it waits for discoveries during the admin process. That Wycombe have had losses does not itself make a legal case.  In any case how does one distinguish between the delays due to the way EFL conducted the processes and what Derby County did? The EFL raised Wycombe's hopes by asking for dual fixturing when it was long past all normal deadlines for imposition of a points penalty to affect relegation.

2 hours ago, Ram Bam said:

2 hours ago, DCFCJim87 said:

Administration points get deducted on the current season unless you go into administration at some stage in March I believe. It was bought in to stop clubs who were already going to be relegated doing it tactically. Since we are in September its unlikely any points we get deducted next season since we are in theory in no danger of being relegated at present, presuming the FFP related ones are revealed before then I'd imagine. 

Deducted 12 this season unless we would have finished bottom 3 without the deduction. In that case, the deduction applies to next season.

I heard the Wycombe guy on radio Derby this morning.  
seems like MM’s interview on Sunday hasn’t helped. (There’s a surprise). 

Sorry for the lack of detail I stopped taking it in as it’s all too awful for words.

if we were Wycombe fans, we’d be saying the same. It’s one thing criticising teams who got promoted for breaching FFP but imagine being a relegated team & hearing our owner’s admissions about our breaches. 

a Wigan fan was also on- a regular voice as he’s a presenter/journalist. He said their fans raised £800k (I’m sure it was that) & it made a lot of difference. I guess it depends on what their debt  was though & other factors as to how it all turned out & when their new  owners came on board 

7 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

I heard the Wycombe guy on radio Derby this morning.  
seems like MM’s interview on Sunday hasn’t helped. (There’s a surprise). 

Sorry for the lack of detail I stopped taking it in as it’s all too awful for words.

if we were Wycombe fans, we’d be saying the same. It’s one thing criticising teams who got promoted for breaching FFP but imagine being a relegated team & hearing our owner’s admissions about our breaches. 

a Wigan fan was also on- a regular voice as he’s a presenter/journalist. He said their fans raised £800k (I’m sure it was that) & it made a lot of difference. I guess it depends on what their debt  was though & other factors as to how it all turned out & when their new  owners came on board 

Boro had more right for complaint on the amortisation stuff and were dismissed. Wycombe want compensation for us overspending between 2015 and 2018... where's the logic in that?

We're going into administration in a season Wycombe are in the league below. It has nothing to do with them.

The other way round? Well, If Burnley went into administration right now, would Fulham have the right to complain and take legal action because they were relegated last season? Not on your nelly!

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

If It was the other way around….

Then we'd be in League 1 because we didn't win enough games on the pitch and Wycombe would be in the Championship getting in trouble for things they did wrong off the pitch

Wycombe got Wycombe relegated 

Just like our gamble on our promotion is our burden and not anyone who we failed to beat while they were not playing financially fair 

42 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Then we'd be in League 1 because we didn't win enough games on the pitch and Wycombe would be in the Championship getting in trouble for things they did wrong off the pitch

Wycombe got Wycombe relegated 

Just like our gamble on our promotion is our burden and not anyone who we failed to beat while they were not playing financially fair 

In a similar case won't Boro be after playing our Wembley match vs Villa?

16 hours ago, Bosshogg said:

Just read this. No chance. Not sure why the BBC even bothered with it other than another  scare mongering tactic. 
I mean it’s been a rough week hasn’t it but this is laughable. 

Ok but will a buyer take the risk? Or is Couhig going to get a cheque as a condition to waiving his claim to allow a sale ? Jesus

For them to have a chance wouldn't they have to prove a direct link between the amortisation policy (that we are in trouble for and whatever people say did create an advantage for us) and the financial situation that meant it had a direct impact on heading off administration until now. If they can prove that then they can link our dubious dealings to heading off the points deduction that year in which case I would imagine they'd have a semblance of a case.  If their argument is 'they've gone into administration we should have our place back' then I can't see how they can do anything about that but feel a bit sour. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Deducted 12 this season unless we would have finished bottom 3 without the deduction. In that case, the deduction applies to next season.

I have never read that.

this is all I could find

12.3.1  during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

I have never read that.

this is all I could find

12.3.1  during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

Agreed. The 'applied next season' line is nonsense.

Portsmouth would've been relegated without the deduction in 2010, and faced no such penalty in 2011.  I think he's confusing the situation when Leeds tried to pull a fast one in 2007, and then having a different points deduction in 2008.