Wycombe Consider Legal action (again)

Yani P

6 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

What happens now depends on what is uncovered by the administrator. No one knows what went into the compilation of the accounts, is/was there anything being hidden to be frank. LOL! As fAr as Wycombe having recourse against the EFL is between them, not anyone’s problem except theirs, but they will be making the EFL justify decisions over Derby in the light of the current circumstances, which is what I would be thinking..Then it’s all about if they can on the balance of probability show improper procedure or conclusions  

What will likely happen is suit will be filed. What happens next is something called discovery then it’s all up for grabs, make no mistake. I would be expecting that sooner rather than later  

A lawyer writes (badly) .... ?

Edited by Crewton

Just now, Ambitious said:

I understand their grievances. I didn't last year because well it wasn't like we were anywhere near the team that broke P&S. Nevertheless, they do have a good case considering their losses. It would absolutely put us in the mire more so than we already are, so I would again go back to the point - liquidate the club and start again. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is more painful than all this off-the-field baalocks. 

Midlands Counties Division 3... whatever the level. I just want to focus on the football again. 

Are you trying to be the biggest troll on the board?

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I understand their grievances. I didn't last year because well it wasn't like we were anywhere near the team that broke P&S. Nevertheless, they do have a good case considering their losses. It would absolutely put us in the mire more so than we already are, so I would again go back to the point - liquidate the club and start again. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is more painful than all this off-the-field baalocks. 

Midlands Counties Division 3... whatever the level. I just want to focus on the football again. 

I do hope you aren't being serious...?

47 minutes ago, jono said:

Because the EFL will spin out all the wrangling that is and was going on before the admin. They will get us for the admin and probably something else, then hold back on a final decision on the rest until we are safely in league one. Then while we are trying to pick our selves up, like a playground toxic bully, they will hit us again. And .. it will be done with deliberate forethought and planning. It is a loathsome organisation that time and again with more than one club, has set out to be the big “I Am” when in fact they run a shabby cheap shop selling craftsman’s tools at cheap prices to their equally tacky friends in the broadcast media. 

Hi Mel ??

3 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

What happens now depends on what is uncovered by the administrator. No one knows what went into the compilation of the accounts, is/was there anything being hidden to be frank. LOL! As fAr as Wycombe having recourse against the EFL is between them, not anyone’s problem except theirs, but they will be making the EFL justify decisions over Derby in the light of the current circumstances, which is what I would be thinking..Then it’s all about if they can on the balance of probability show improper procedure or conclusions  

What will likely happen is suit will be filed. What happens next is something called discovery then it’s all up for grabs, make no mistake. I would be expecting that sooner rather than later  

Might just be all talk again like it was at the end of last season.

Reading the article on the BBC website, it appears to me that his main argument is that we should have gone into administration last season. I don't know how that can be justified when the club were in negotiations for a takeover which would have prevented the need for administration.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Why will we face further deductions next year? 

Because there are other P&S failures in the works but not yet confirmed, because we'll be on the edge of various probationary rules etc, because we are likely to keep failing to make payments ... ? I don't know for sure but I doubt that all the possible charges and deductions can all be dealt with and cleared away in one go.

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Your ok thanks

29 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

What will likely happen is suit will be filed against the perceived plaintiffs whomever they may be What happens next is something called discovery then it’s all up for grabs, make no mistake. I would be expecting that sooner rather than later

Discovery, in the law of common law jurisdictions, is a pre-trial procedure in a lawsuit in which each party, through the law of civil procedure, can obtain evidence from the other party or parties by means of discovery devices such as interrogatories, requests for production of documents, requests for admissions etc

I'll be honest mate.  If I want to read this crap, I'd head over to see what Mr Pop says on your forum.  Make no mistake your bitter as the rest over their and would love us to go under. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'll be honest mate.  If I want to read this crap, I'd head over to see what Mr Pop says on your forum.  Make no mistake your bitter as the rest over their and would love us to go under. 

He's a Bristol fan, mate, on a wind-up. Joined this forum in the very month Weimann signed for them. 

Put him on ignore. 

I don’t really understand Wycombe’s position.

Where is the injustice? It all seems rather desperate and lacking in substance.

Wycombe didn’t get enough points to stay up and we also had a better head-to-head record against them.

They didn’t do what they needed to do on the pitch. What we are being punished for is historical, and from a time when Wycombe were nowhere near the Championship.

You can look at as many spreadsheets as you want, but those facts will always remain.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Unlike others, I don't think you're trolling or on the wind up because I've been caught feeling like this.

However, really give it some solid thought if that is what you want. I looked at it very closely and realised it isn't.

Yes, I would be first in line at the phoenix club. But we would be possibly decades away from the roar of 30,000 plus on matchday again.

I'd miss Pride Park, I'd miss good(ish) football, and I'd miss the buzz of DCFC. I think maybe you underestimate just how long it would take to get back to a decent pro level, and also how many fans we would lose in the process.

I believe that you mean what you say and it's not 100% flippant (although I'm sure there's a tongue in cheek element) but if we're not understanding what we're fighting for we've got no hope of winning. It's about to get very difficult so I'd urge you to rediscover whether you want to lose 137 years of history so easily.

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Because there are other P&S failures in the works but not yet confirmed, because we'll be on the edge of various probationary rules etc, because we are likely to keep failing to make payments ... ? I don't know for sure but I doubt that all the possible charges and deductions can all be dealt with and cleared away in one go.

If we are judged to have failed for our amortisation policy then surely we'll have failed all at once and therefore logicially be done in one sweep? 

3 hours ago, Yani P said:

Wycombe Wanderers owner Rob Couhig is considering taking legal action against the club's relegation to League One after Derby announced they are due to go into administration.

It comes after Derby owner Mel Morris' admission the club would have been at risk of a points deduction if it had submitted accounts for 2017-18 without using the club's controversial amortisation method.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58604851

? not the post, but wycombe!!