Wycombe Consider Legal action (again)

Yani P

6 minutes ago, KBB said:

Like moaning about conceding a goal from a debatable throwing after the ball has been back in play for 10 minutes and nearly 50 passes.

Let him moan.

I wait with baited breath our lawyers going after QPR.........

And them on Leicester, this could all end with Old Engineers sueing Wanderers for not having a crossbar twenty years before they were legally required.

Edited by BaaLocks

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

And them on Leicester, this could all end with Old Engineers sueing Wanderers for not having a crossbar twenty years before they were legally required.

Cheating gits. I'm on the phone to lawyers4u at this very moment. No crossbar? I demand compensation

Anyone can sue anyone that’s for sure. Sheffield Utd got considerable damages from West Ham a few years ago, for a much different scenario. However the rub is this. The administrator will be looking deeply at how The club got to this point. If there any new conclusions drawn regarding, GAAP and how far the financial mismanagement went and who knew what when, then yes I suspect Wycombe Wanderers will file against The Rams (notionally making them a creditor) and The EFL. 

Also there is now an implication that the board and directors of Wycombe may have a fiduciary duty to do so in some circumstances. 

Edited by One Andy Weimann

They've got no chance I'm sick of all this unlucky Wycombe nonsense. They were dreadful bar a handful of games at the end of the season. Never higher than 21st in the league, didn't win until the 9th game of the season. They didn't start playing until they were all bar down because their goal difference meant they were never going to overhaul us. Even if we'd lost to Sheffield Wednesday in the last game of the season they wouldn't have stayed up, there was no scenario on the last day of the season where they could survive. 

24 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why will we face further deductions next year? 

Because the EFL will spin out all the wrangling that is and was going on before the admin. They will get us for the admin and probably something else, then hold back on a final decision on the rest until we are safely in league one. Then while we are trying to pick our selves up, like a playground toxic bully, they will hit us again. And .. it will be done with deliberate forethought and planning. It is a loathsome organisation that time and again with more than one club, has set out to be the big “I Am” when in fact they run a shabby cheap shop selling craftsman’s tools at cheap prices to their equally tacky friends in the broadcast media. 

58 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Wycombe Wanderers owner Rob Couhig is considering taking legal action against the club's relegation to League One after Derby announced they are due to go into administration.

It comes after Derby owner Mel Morris' admission the club would have been at risk of a points deduction if it had submitted accounts for 2017-18 without using the club's controversial amortisation method.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58604851

Wrong link.

Corrected below...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58622433

22 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

Tell you what, let then crack on and we'll the do the same against QPR (or the EFL) for considerably more $ as they went into the Prem after demonstrably breaking the rules (i.e. they were fined).

And if you look back at it, I'm sure there are lots of other similar cases so let them go for it, if they win then there's no reason why we can't do the same and get, what, £150m back? Problem solved. 

PS Obviously none of this will happen.

And Villa 

1 minute ago, One Andy Weimann said:

Anyone can sue anyone that’s for sure. Sheffield Utd got considerable damages from West Ham a few years ago, for a much different scenario. However the rub is this. The administrator will be looking deeply at how The club got to this point. If there any conclusions drawn regarding, GAAP and how far the financial mismanagement went and who knew what when, then yes I suspect Wycombe Wanderers will file against The Rams and The EFL. 

It must depend on what he is suggesting. The only thing that has changed since his last comments on the subject is the club going into administration.

If he thinks we should have gone into administration last season (and therefore incurred a points deduction), I would assume the defences would be: none of our creditors took action to put us into administration and Mel didn't because of the numerous ongoing takeover negotiations that have now collapsed. I fail to see what case he have against the EFL - they have no control of when we go into administration.

What a load of old Tosh, who exactly is he going to sue?  When all said and done He’s a septic, and they’’d sue or threaten to sue their own Gran if they could.  An empty drum just making noise.  Perhaps he needs to talk to Gibson on how he delayed proceedings complaining about the stadium sale.

Keeps in own fans on side I suppose, “look I am still fighting the injustice”

Nothing will come of it.

40 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It must depend on what he is suggesting. The only thing that has changed since his last comments on the subject is the club going into administration.

If he thinks we should have gone into administration last season (and therefore incurred a points deduction), I would assume the defences would be: none of our creditors took action to put us into administration and Mel didn't because of the numerous ongoing takeover negotiations that have now collapsed. I fail to see what case he have against the EFL - they have no control of when we go into administration.

What happens now depends on what is uncovered by the administrator. No one knows what went into the compilation of the accounts, is/was there anything being hidden to be frank. LOL! As fAr as Wycombe having recourse against the EFL is between them, not anyone’s problem except theirs, but they will be making the EFL justify decisions over Derby in the light of the current circumstances, which is what I would be thinking..Then it’s all about if they can on the balance of probability show improper procedure or conclusions  

What will likely happen is suit will be filed against the perceived plaintiffs whomever they may be What happens next is something called discovery then it’s all up for grabs, make no mistake. I would be expecting that sooner rather than later

Discovery, in the law of common law jurisdictions, is a pre-trial procedure in a lawsuit in which each party, through the law of civil procedure, can obtain evidence from the other party or parties by means of discovery devices such as interrogatories, requests for production of documents, requests for admissions etc

Edited by One Andy Weimann

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Just read the article on the BBC website and it makes no sense.

Their chairman claims Mel knew last summer how this would all end. How can this be the case considering there were at least two potential takeovers on the table throughout the last 12 months?

Plus we were still sure our amortisation method was good.

I understand their grievances. I didn't last year because well it wasn't like we were anywhere near the team that broke P&S. Nevertheless, they do have a good case considering their losses. It would absolutely put us in the mire more so than we already are, so I would again go back to the point - liquidate the club and start again. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is more painful than all this off-the-field baalocks. 

Midlands Counties Division 3... whatever the level. I just want to focus on the football again.