Points deduction incoming?

Gringo

15 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Anything more than 3 and we'll keep fighting I think. It all relates to the EFL originally signing off the accounts and us signing players based on the previously approved accounts. If they'd challenged it first time around, we wouldn't have signed furthering players leading to an FFP breach. 

@Carneroprobably said this twenty minutes ago but…

Estoppel got thrown out at the Sheff Wednesday hearing (the EFL wrongly advised / endorsed their actions).

I’m fairly sure that Wednesday didn’t have St Nick de Marco at that hearing.  As he’s on a retainer with us, if I were Mel I’d be doubling down.

The embargo doesn’t scare me.  Sibley’s gonna keep us up on his own.

3 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Estoppel got thrown out at the Sheff Wednesday hearing (the EFL wrongly advised / endorsed their actions).

I’m fairly sure that Wednesday didn’t have St Nick de Marco at that hearing.  As he’s on a retainer with us, if I were Mel I’d be doubling down.

All depends on what impact this has on the takeover, I'm guessing that will be Mels primary concern at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He got the last appeal to be £100k not points - lots of dire warnings while we were waiting for that outcome!

If we hadn’t screwed up the original case and had presented our own expert witness, the original decision would probably have stood and there wouldn’t even be a £100k fine… 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What wrong-doing are you accepting punishment for btw?

You have a good point. I'm just sick of this and want to move on. I think we need an outcome in order for Mel to able to sell the club and to bring some real investment in. If a 6 point hit can facilitate that then would that be in the clubs long term interest?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

What wrong-doing are you accepting punishment for btw?

Exactly this. There's a lot on here saying, 'I'd take 6 points' or 'I'd take 3 points' etc. Tragic that a large percentage of the fanbase would simply allow this to happen without knowing the facts of the case because they don't want to think about it anymore. Boo Hoo. This is and should be a non negotiable punishment based on facts and not something open to subjective negotiation on any part. Until we know exactly what has been breached (if anything) we shouldn't accept any 'punishment' from this shitshower of an organisation and fight on/back relentlessly. 

53 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't get to what it relates?

This quote mentions agreeing a punishment but for what and why?! No mention of what the P&S might be. 

"Under pressure from rival Championship clubs, the EFL is pushing for Derby to be punished and it is understood that a deduction of 12 points – nine points plus a suspended three points – and an imposed business plan has been discussed, but is yet to be agreed."

"The question now is whether Mel Morris, the Derby owner, reluctantly accepts the EFL’s proposed punishment or, as expected, challenges it. Derby have always maintained they did not seek any competitive advantage with their amortisation policy."

It's talking about the amortisation - they cannot do us for that again surely. They could only do us for the restated P&S being over limits?

Exactly, if it stated that we had breached P&S with our new accounts and we were in discussion over a punishment then it would make sense. This is dancing on the graves of old news - which makes me think that Percy is just looking to get something out there before the Derby and Forest game to give his side a sporting advantage.

14 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

We also tried estoppel in our hearings and it was also thrown out.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Is this coming from the same Percy that said we hadn't submitted our accounts?

Even if we hadn't submitted our accounts, it would make no sense as we HAVE to submit then. A 9 point deduction kills us, even a 6 point deduction would leave us in trouble. Sheffield Wednesday had a good start, took their point deduction and it took the wind out of their players. The impact it has mentally is huge.