Points deduction incoming?

Gringo

40 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

You may well be correct, and in return I am giving it about 10 months until you post something positive about the manager..

You'll be losing that bet matey. @Tyler Durden's been moaning non-stop for a year already. He could probably do an entire decade if he wanted. '10 months'!!!! Legend has it, the man's waited longer than that for a taxi.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not with 9 points it wouldn’t. Smacks of EFL trying to save face and trying to get us to agree to something to move on. 

I read it as 9 points being the EFLs opening stance. DCFC obviously starting with "we've done nothing wrong"

So at a guess we'll end up between 3-6 deduction with more suspended.

Presumably also we are going to flat out refuse any kind of further EFL say in our business dealings. Costs have been cut is subsequent years so it's not really like resolving a current overspend.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I read it as 9 points being the EFLs opening stance. DCFC obviously starting with "we've done nothing wrong"

So at a guess we'll end up between 3-6 deduction with more suspended.

Presumably also we are going to flat out refuse any kind of further EFL say in our business dealings. Costs have been cut is subsequent years so it's not really like resolving a current overspend.

It stinks but as I’ve said elsewhere I can understand the reasoning especially if a take over is near 

I don't get to what it relates?

This quote mentions agreeing a punishment but for what and why?! No mention of what the P&S might be. 

"Under pressure from rival Championship clubs, the EFL is pushing for Derby to be punished and it is understood that a deduction of 12 points – nine points plus a suspended three points – and an imposed business plan has been discussed, but is yet to be agreed."

"The question now is whether Mel Morris, the Derby owner, reluctantly accepts the EFL’s proposed punishment or, as expected, challenges it. Derby have always maintained they did not seek any competitive advantage with their amortisation policy."

It's talking about the amortisation - they cannot do us for that again surely. They could only do us for the restated P&S being over limits?

Edited by RoyMac5

19 minutes ago, ramswriter podcast said:

No disrespect but it has said that for a while I’m sure plus if you look in to filing the last accounts filed were 2018

With the greatest of respect and my OCD, until very recently it stated 2020 accounts were overdue as well, that has now been removed. To my mind this makes lots of sense as the 2019 accounts will be part of the P&S calculations whereas by 2020 overheads were under better control. Finally my assumption is because of the timelag between filing and public availability for viewing there will now be a gap of 6-10 days, due to civil servants working from home etc. 

Just now, Ramarena said:

If we are to accept a points deduction to get things moving ahead again, then 3 points is the most is begrudgingly accept.

It should be none but if the alternative is dragging this out then the small hit might be worth it to bring an end to this shambles.

Exactly, we need to weigh it up and think what would be best.

If we were to take 3 points but be able to end the saga and sign players, we'd definitely fancy our chances of staying in the division.

If we were to take a 9 point penalty, I think it would be a difficult task to stay up even if we could sign more players. 

3 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

With the greatest of respect and my OCD, until very recently it stated 2020 accounts were overdue as well, that has now been removed. To my mind this makes lots of sense as the 2019 accounts will be part of the P&S calculations whereas by 2020 overheads were under better control. Finally my assumption is because of the timelag between filing and public availability for viewing there will now be a gap of 6-10 days, due to civil servants working from home etc. 

Ah that makes sense about the 6-10 day gap