Forest tickets

SamUltraRam

9 minutes ago, Archie said:

I really don't understand why the club can't offer fans without a printer the opportunity to come to the ground a bit earlier and print there. I was on a plane the other day. At the airport they had a simple option of scanning your id in, finding your booking in the system and then being able to quickly print off your ticket. Doesn't need to be even this complex, a few laptops linked up to a few cheap printers would suffice.

I think some aren't bothering because they don't have printers but I think some might not be bothering because they feel like the club isn't bothered about them and appears to be unwilling to put simple solutions in place to help them. This I think has upset a lot of people and you can't blame them.

The club is a business and should be ran as such where the customer/fan is treated with kindness and respect. Sadly this is not the case right now.

Its the same principle as any other business surely, they make parting with your cash as easy as possible and let you feel as happy about it as they can. 

Even basic shops.. don't have to provide baskets or have friendly staff willing to show you where things are or display prices clearly or have parking for you or clean the place or have a toilet...but it makes you more likely to shop there, so they do. Why give people a reason to go for another option? If you're buying a big item, a nice filtered coffee is a pittance compared to what you're buying but those touches are just basic sales techniques.

Recently DCFC seem to have the attitude of 'If you want to come, then you will'. Most fans just suck it up but fringe fans are drifting away already because of the myriad of other reasons, so I can't understand why we aren't going the opposite way and making buying tickets as easy, cheap and desirable as possible. 

21 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Its the same principle as any other business surely, they make parting with your cash as easy as possible and let you feel as happy about it as they can. 

Even basic shops.. don't have to provide baskets or have friendly staff willing to show you where things are or display prices clearly or have parking for you or clean the place or have a toilet...but it makes you more likely to shop there, so they do. Why give people a reason to go for another option? If you're buying a big item, a nice filtered coffee is a pittance compared to what you're buying but those touches are just basic sales techniques.

Recently DCFC seem to have the attitude of 'If you want to come, then you will'. Most fans just suck it up but fringe fans are drifting away already because of the myriad of other reasons, so I can't understand why we aren't going the opposite way and making buying tickets as easy, cheap and desirable as possible. 

Some people will undersatand but they had to sign an NDA.

It amazes me why every other league club has a ticket office. It’s almost as if they are useful commercial vehicles for selling tickets. 

I am glad Morris and Pearce have decided we don’t need all this extra revenue. I suppose FFP going forward is of no consequence to then. 

I sorted the tickets for my dad, there is no way he would have got them on line and printed them, although he would have no problem go to the stadium and pick them up.  There are a couple of elderly gentlemen near to where we have our season tickets, the weren’t there for the first two games and I don’t expect to see them today either.  Unless COVID got them (god forbid), I put it down to the current barrier to easily obtain tickets…

Seems crazy to me to simply ignore a good slice of your customers, never mind fans who love their club and attended for years.

TBH, even though I am more than capable of ordering on line, I would normally pick up (cup) tickets myself, I like to go in and get them, for me it’s all part of the build up to a game.

Anyhow, just having my last slurp of tea, and then off with my lad to pick up the old man and go to the game.

COYR

Andrew

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I really don't understand why the club can't offer fans without a printer the opportunity to come to the ground a bit earlier and print there. I was on a plane the other day. At the airport they had a simple option of scanning your id in, finding your booking in the system and then being able to quickly print off your ticket. Doesn't need to be even this complex, a few laptops linked up to a few cheap printers would suffice.

I think some aren't bothering because they don't have printers but I think some might not be bothering because they feel like the club isn't bothered about them and appears to be unwilling to put simple solutions in place to help them. This I think has upset a lot of people and you can't blame them.

The club is a business and should be ran as such where the customer/fan is treated with kindness and respect. Sadly this is not the case right now.

Perhaps Micheal O'Leary is taking over and getting the fans used to doing everything themselves same as on Ryanair, next the club will be charging more for the larger person as they take more room up  ?

18 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Perhaps Micheal O'Leary is taking over and getting the fans used to doing everything themselves same as on Ryanair, next the club will be charging more for the larger person as they take more room up  ?

Will we have to pay extra for taking our own flasks and snacks in?  ?

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Very surprised if it really was as low as that. Even the right hand side of the North Stand seemed well populated which is rare when the attendance is low.

There were quite a few blank patches though and around me in the east stand there were a lot of regulars missing....I think 23k is fair 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Gaps were all in the middle of the stands where the missing season ticket holders sit.

Disappointed that there were two Forest fans in front of us, although they did behave themselves. Really shouldn't open their twitter app with all the red trees on their timeline at half time, though. Bit of a give away, that! 

I would been  mean told a steward and got them thrown out.

I’m sorry, but there’s no way the attendance was only 22,000 today. I’m usually within 2-4 hundred out on judging the gate at Pride Park. Today I would guarantee there was somewhere just over 26,000 in the ground today. My ticket would not scan again today, neither did the people’s in front of me, so maybe that’s why tickets were not counted in the official Att figure ?