Sheff Utd vs Derby County Matchday Thread (league cup)

RadioactiveWaste

This would be a good confidence builder going into the weekend game. Rest some of they key players (Davies, Jags, Shinnie, Joz, Ravel, Sibley) and give some of the others in the squad a test ahead of a long old season. If the above mentioned were to be injured, we need to make sure their replacements can do a job against teams at our level.

Think we will get a beating tbh, we will play such a young lineup like the Salford one that even with their poor start unless they don't take it seriously which I doubt, I can't see us getting anything.

Probably should atleast play Jagielka, Davies and Shinnie for some experience and solidity to the side. We have an international break soon so Davies and Jagielka can rest then.

I'm not too bothered about the league Cup but still want us to win and hope we play atleast 3 or 4 first XI players. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

5 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Think we will get a beating tbh, we will play such a young lineup like the Salford one that even with their poor start unless they don't take it seriously which I doubt, I can't see us getting anything.

Probably should atleast play Jagielka, Davies and Shinnie for some experience and solidity to the side. We have an international break soon so Davies and Jagielka can rest then.

I'm not too bothered about the league Cup but still want us to win and hope we play atleast 3 or 4 first XI players. 

Do not risk long term injuries to key players as it will compromise our push for top six later in the season. If we had beaten Posh we would have 8 points and be feeling very upbeat about the new dawn. Getting a point out of Boro in such a game is a serious step forward. We also had a bit if luck which we did not have against Posh. Getting some more hard working, skilful if ageing players in will help our cause.

Some tough decisions if we want to rest our first 11 as we haven't got anyone at RB, CB, or the 3 AM roles right now. We're at the point where we may as well play some of the U23s as we're either getting out of embargo and playing them doesn't matter, or we're stuck in embargo and can't sign anyone anyway.

I'm assuming we won't rush Ebosele, Lawrence or McDonald into the side so all miss out.

Allsop
Bardell   Stearman   Cashin   Buchanan
Hutchinson   Watson
Sibley   Morrison   Williams
Stretton

Subs: Roos, JBrown, Forsyth, Bird, Shinnie, Borkovic, Baldock

JBrown, LThompson and Borkovic to come off the bench.

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

So good you said it twice ?. I agree although “etc” is a bit vague.

Could not be bothered to list the other names but basically we cannot afford to get any serious contenders for the first team injured in this one. Let's hope the embargo gets lifted this week. COYR

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Some tough decisions if we want to rest our first 11 as we haven't got anyone at RB, CB, or the 3 AM roles right now. We're at the point where we may as well play some of the U23s as we're either getting out of embargo and playing them doesn't matter, or we're stuck in embargo and can't sign anyone anyway.

I'm assuming we won't rush Ebosele, Lawrence or McDonald into the side so all miss out.

Allsop
Bardell   Stearman   Cashin   Buchanan
Hutchinson   Watson
Sibley   Morrison   Williams
Stretton

Subs: Roos, JBrown, Forsyth, Bird, Shinnie, Borkovic, Baldock

JBrown, LThompson and Borkovic to come off the bench.

This does highlight how punitive this embargo has been. The Blades have two £20 million strikers who cannot score at present.

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Come on buddy have faith in the lads I can see Derby winning this one getting through to the next round of the cup.

On 21/08/2021 at 20:07, Rampant said:

Do we expect Ebosele and McDonald to be available? If they are I'd go:

Allsop

McDonald   Brown   Stearman    Williams

Watson    Shinnie

Ebosele         Ravel        Hutchinson

Stretton

Roos / Byrne / Forsyth / Buchanan / Bird / Baldock / Jozwiak

That is one hell of an attacking line up