Sheff Utd vs Derby County Matchday Thread (league cup)

RadioactiveWaste

I expect Bogle and Lowe will have run outs. Sheff Utd were due to have an U23 game tonight but that's been called off because of Covid at Swansea City, so it gives them a chance to play more of their U23 players against us.

For us Rooney seems laser-focused on the league so we'll likely make 8-11 changes. Something along the lines of:

Allsopp

Byrne    Brown    Stearman     Williams

Watson   Shinnie

Jozwiak     Sibley     Hutchinson

Stretton

I'm presuming McDonald and Ebosele aren't fit (but if they are they go into the team for Byrne and Joz). The bench probably has to be:

Roos    Forsyth     Buchanan     Jagielka     Bird     Morrisson     Baldock

With Lawrence also out injured (and Bielik, Knight, Kazim-Richards) I reckon those are all our players of senior standing. With the accounts going in today (we hope) it's possible the likes of Cashin and Thompson will come in but that seems a huge risk before the end of the transfer window.

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Am I right in thinking short of being there tonight there’s literally no way of watching this? Not even if you take a trip to France? 

EFL are a shambles man. 

Correct. Broadcasting restrictions for all Cup games on RamsTV. 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Am I right in thinking short of being there tonight there’s literally no way of watching this? Not even if you take a trip to France? 

EFL are a shambles man. 

It's definitely not Rams TV. Can't speak for more illicit means.

I want a win here, but not at the expense of losing someone like Jagielka.

Play the younger guys, accept they won't be the finished article and, if we win - happy days, if we lose at least we gave those coming through the system a good run out.

More important to me is that if we see a similar display of determination and bravery in this team as we've started to see in the first team, then we get an idea that the management is working to instil a certain ethic through the club - and that to me would be a win as well.

Oh for the opportunity to see the match in person!

On 21/08/2021 at 22:59, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Two great away days there in consecutive years. I can see Phil Gee going clear through on goal even now and when it went through Burridge’s legs - wonderful. 

Going back even further a midweek league game with Francis Lee scoring at the away end in a 2-1 win.

I was just a schoolboy back then.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

EFL are a shambles man. 

How our world has changed! Two years ago, the majority Rams games could only be seen by buying a ticket and turning up at the ground - now we feel short changed if its not on our laptops!

Edited by StarterForTen

6 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

How our world has changed! Two years ago, the majority Rams games could only be seen by buying a ticket and turning up at the ground - now we feel short changed if its not on our laptops!

It’d be nice if they were on sale.