Sheff Utd vs Derby County Matchday Thread (league cup)

RadioactiveWaste

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Aye, I missed it as well, I was in Crewe, Cut me some slack though, I’ll be ready for the next punfest.

So long since I saw someone curl one in from a corner. We could win this one but probably only by a whisker. It is time to be razor sharp in front of goal 

By the time Rooney selects the team for the cup match, he should be in a position to know that either we're going to remain in a hard embargo or progress to a soft embargo or maybe no embargo.

If we are going to remain in a hard embargo, playing any new u23s will only affect our recruiting campaign, if we were to transfer any players out. If we are to go into a soft embargo, then the younger academy players will not count as the less strict 'established players' criteria and so playing them would not affect any recruitment of players. Obviously, no embargo would put us in the clear anyway.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I’ve just looked on the carabo streaming site or whatever it’s called, and you can buy match passes for £10, only available in uk and Ireland.

Trouble is, it says not available in my county. (I’m not on holiday)

Says involving a Premier League club. Unfortunately neither are we.

4 hours ago, Robram said:

Was in Sheffield so thought i would try the ticket office to see if i could get an extra ticket . Not possible because normally the away team returns all unsold tickets but Derby have not done this  .

Unless they are returned they cannot offer pay on the day even if they wanted to ! 

Rams Website now says: Supporters without a ticket are advised not to travel to Bramall Lane as tickets will NOT be on sale on the day of the game from the Rams or the Blades. Tickets went off sale at 12pm on Friday 20th August, with Derby given an allocation of 3,000 seats.

12 hours ago, Rampage said:

I am devastated that I missed this punfest but it was only by a hair's breadth. 

I'm sure Wayne is combing through the list of available players to see where he can make changes.

If possible I would think the new signings and Davis would all be getting a rest as a minimum. A mixture of creaking old legs and lack of matches in some cases means they'll need it.