Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

I love the way the "He had to play Rooney" is recycled as fact based on no fact whatsoever..its a shame people cant just get behind the manager and the team and appreciate how difficult the job is right now...anyone really believing cocu had it more difficult just has anti Rooney blinkers glued to their heads...we all know that we are playing far better this season than last, and in dire circumstances..lets see how it pans out..ive set a target for us to survive this season - thats all..if we do that without the ownership situation changing he will have pulled off a minor miracle..of course we will lose games, probably runs of games but if they can keep us out of the bottom 3 all is good in the world..

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah if only Rooney had Chris Martin up front then we could compare. ? 

If Cocu hadn't the guts or brains to drop Rooney who do we blame then, not that I believe he had to play him, that was Cocu's choice - he made lots of 'odd' player choices, he loved switching it about. But let's not remember that!

What? Cocu didn’t have Bielik, Gregory, Edmundson, Mengi, Roberts or fit CKR.

Rooney also hasn’t been handicapped by having to play an fat, unfit 35-year-old.

But let’s not remember that...

5 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I love the way the "He had to play Rooney" is recycled as fact based on no fact whatsoever..its a shame people cant just get behind the manager and the team and appreciate how difficult the job is right now...anyone really believing cocu had it more difficult just has anti Rooney blinkers glued to their heads...we all know that we are playing far better this season than last, and in dire circumstances..lets see how it pans out..ive set a target for us to survive this season - thats all..if we do that without the ownership situation changing he will have pulled off a minor miracle..of course we will lose games, probably runs of games but if they can keep us out of the bottom 3 all is good in the world..

Of course he had to play him.

Or do you think Rooney was brought to the club to be a squad player for a couple of years?

Mel signed him to raise the profile of the club in order to sell it. You can only do that if Rooney is playing every game and grabbing the headlines, or he is the manager.

So how can anyone say Cocu wasn’t undermined?

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Rooney also hasn’t been handicapped by having to play an fat, unfit 35-year-old.

Again that's Cocu's choice! HE was manager. ?

Odd that Cocu couldn't sign a few loans up, like Eddy and Gregory etc. Maybe he didn't fancy them. How long did we have Bielik, Gregory, Eddy, Mengi, Roberts et al for at the same time?

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Out of those…. Bielik isn the only one that made a difference and Rooney has hardly had him fit either. 
And Cocu also had England’s greatest ever goal scorer to pick too…

but as you say, let’s not remember that….

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Out of those…. Bielik isn the only one that made a difference and Rooney has hardly had him fit either. 
And Cocu also had England’s greatest ever goal scorer to pick too…

but as you say, let’s not remember that….

Only one who made a difference? Rooney won ZERO games last season from Feb onwards without Gregory starting.

Gregory starting accounted for an extra 10+ points. We would have been relegated without him.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Gutless then.

He rated him, he wanted him to play. Rooney is the same as the rest of the squad, didn't really enjoy Cocu's training and tactics.

Gutless? Cocu was immensely brave with playing the youth. Placed far more trust in them than Rooney has.

He was obliged to play Rooney. He didn’t have a choice, other than walk away. 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Only one who made a difference? Rooney won ZERO games last season from Feb onwards without Gregory starting.

Gregory starting accounted for an extra 10+ points. We would have been relegated without him.

We'd have been relegated without Rooney's winner at Norwich. 

Christ, this is fun, isn't it?! 

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I said Rooney had a better record than Cocu at this stage of the season, you asked me how much better, I told you how much better. That was the only comparison I was making. I didn't say he was or wasn't doing a good job - you've put that spin on it.

I could have pointed out that Rooney also has the same record as Cocu had at this stage of the season in 2019/20 (apart from the fact that we haven't yet lost 3-0 away to Forest), when Cocu inherited 80% of the squad that reached the play-off final a few months earlier and when we weren't under embargo at all. Did you want Cocu sacked at that stage? Did you want him sacked at this stage last season? How much time do you generally give new managers before your knee-jerks?

I didn't want him sacked at all, his objective was to integrate the young players from the academy into the First team, that doesn't happen overnight or even over One season,but it was beginning to work under Cocu that was evident on the pitch,then again he is an accomplished manager.Now we have a rookie manager in charge trying to play PL tactics with lower championship/league One players and we see the standards of the youngsters now regressing

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Again that's Cocu's choice! HE was manager. ?

Odd that Cocu couldn't sign a few loans up, like Eddy and Gregory etc. Maybe he didn't fancy them. How long did we have Bielik, Gregory, Eddy, Mengi, Roberts et al for at the same time?

Really!!! You are deluded if you think Cocu didn't have to play Rooney. I am not sure Red32 entered into a mega sponsorship deal to see him sitting on the bench week in week out.

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

Really!!! You are deluded if you think Cocu didn't have to play Rooney. I am not sure Red32 entered into a mega sponsorship deal to see him sitting on the bench week in week out.

We wouldn’t have become Wayne Rooney’s Derby County either if he wasn’t at the forefront somewhere!

22 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Gutless? Cocu was immensely brave with playing the youth. Placed far more trust in them than Rooney has.

He was obliged to play Rooney. He didn’t have a choice, other than walk away. 

?

Festy? Bird and Sibley, Buchanan too.

Williams is starting tonight btw.

Cocu walked away in the end didn't he! 

41 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Even you don’t think that Gregory was the reason we stayed up…

How many games did we actually win from February….? 1 game….so saying that It is all because of Gregory is laughable. 

I could just as easily say, we didn’t win a single game after February without Max Bird starting, or David Marshall, or andre wisdom, or Graham shinnie, or Nathan Bryce or Matt Clarke….. 

35 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Let me know where this mysterious place where you can get information like this is please…I suspect It is the same place where people state that Player X is on X amount per week….

www.makeanyoldshitupandclaimitasthetruthwhenactuallyyouhavenoideaatallifitisevenremotelytrue.com

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Let me know where this mysterious place where you can get information like this is please…I suspect It is the same place where people state that Player X is on X amount per week….

www.makeanyoldshitupandclaimitasthetruthwhenactuallyyouhavenoideaatallifitisevenremotelytrue.com

I'm learning from you