v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

1 minute ago, belperram9 said:

Cannot believe Lawrence is our captain and still at our club. He is horrific, one of the worst I’ve seen. 

Need to get him higher up the pitch. All I have seen him do so far this season is come deep for the ball. What's he meant to do there

5 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Why is Tom Lawrence constantly coming back to take the ball of the centre backs. Isn't that what Bird is supposed to be doing?

If Tom is going to effect the game, surely he needs to be receiving the ball further up the field.

I've been saying it for a year now. Max bird doesn't show for defenders so others have to run 30 yards deep to do it for him. Max bird needs to move to find space. Not good enough 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

I hate it when Morrison and Lawrence keep coming deep but they have to as it’s just backwards and sideways back there. In fairness ckr should never be a first choice striker 

It's a Rooney tactic. One of those comes deep, full back pushes up and deep lying CMs go to full back. Meant to pull them out and mess with their press. Does leave us exposed up front though and reliant on balls over the top to Ebosele. Little bit one dimensional

Just now, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

I know we all fear Marriott scoring but honestly……he is rubbish. So bad so far with his touch and passing 

Yeah, Marriott has been terrible so far. He's bound to score now it's been said though.

1 minute ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

I know we all fear Marriott scoring but honestly……he is rubbish. So bad so far with his touch and passing 

I know right, he is absolute dross. All he looks for is a pass in behind, brings nothing else as a striker. Davis and Stearman reading the game well and just completely nullifying him. 
looks about 15 stone as well.

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Our midfield just isn’t right. Lawrence and Morrison are just not getting enough ball; accordingly we struggle to get out of our half. Very frustrating because with a better system we’d be far more fluent; instead we look disjointed and flakey. 

Indeed, it doesn’t play to any of the players strengths.

Only Max bird is doing well and the rest are struggling.

3 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

It's a Rooney tactic. One of those comes deep, full back pushes up and deep lying CMs go to full back. Meant to pull them out and mess with their press. Does leave us exposed up front though and reliant on balls over the top to Ebosele. Little bit one dimensional

It's not a good tactic though is it. It just drags our midfield wide out of position and leaves a gaping hole in the middle of the pitch. Then Morrison and Lawrence, two attacking players who need the ball high up the pitch, have to keep coming deep. 

Edited by Rammy03