What do you prefer as a Forum Reader?

i-Ram

Quite quiet on here today. It would be of course - we won!

So tonight I have read mainly happy clapping posts suggesting we might yet reach the playoffs this season, that Rooney is beginning to prove himself in the most difficult of circumstances, and that we have discovered another couple of young superstars from our Academy who could be revelations in the Championship this season.

Now we all know if we had lost, there would have been a far higher number of wrist slashing posts suggesting that we are League 1/2 material, that we should get rid of Rooney (with multiple offers of being the taxi driver), and that our youngsters are nowhere good enough yet for the rough and tumble of pro-Football.

Except for a small few, most on here will be very happy to know or have watched us win. That’s take that as a given.  But in respect of reading posts on here, and entering into a bit of back and forth, do you prefer:

1) The quieter, nicer posting environment where everything looks pretty positive, or

2) The noisy, often vitriolic atmosphere where everything looks like the world is going to end?

Edited by i-Ram
P.s. I actually enjoy the latter. So, so funny can be some of the overreacting, and I look forward to seeing the regular matchday posters popping up with their ‘cut and paste’ snipes.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

1) The quieter, nicer posting environment where everything looks pretty positive, or

2) The noisy, often vitriolic atmosphere where everything looks like the world is going to end?

Both, it's what makes the forum go around. Although too much of option (2) can be a bit tiresome. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Both, it's what makes the forum go around. Although too much of option (2) can be a bit tiresome. 

Ebbs and flows, the dizzying highs, the terrifiying lows, the non-stop roller coaster of emotions.

I prefer gallows humour and strength through adversity to "i'm more hurt by how awful this is because i'm more deserving" types of posts when the gibson hits the fan or we've got to deal with bamfords...

Why not both? 

It would be super boring to have just one set of views. The whole point of the forum is to allow varying opinions to be aired. I know some people get upset when people disagree with them, but they really need to lighten up.

The absolute worst posts on here are the people who regularly target other posters just because they don't share their own opinion.

I want both types and many more in between otherwise the forum would just end up bland and sterile.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Quite quiet on here today. It would be of course - we won!

So tonight I have read mainly happy clapping posts suggesting we might yet reach the playoffs this season, that Rooney is beginning to prove himself in the most difficult of circumstances, and that we have discovered another couple of young superstars from our Academy who could be revelations in the Championship this season.

Now we all know if we had lost, there would have been a far higher number of wrist slashing posts suggesting that we are League 1/2 material, that we should get rid of Rooney (with multiple offers of being the taxi driver), and that our youngsters are nowhere good enough yet for the rough and tumble of pro-Football.

Except for a small few, most on here will be very happy to know or have watched us win. That’s take that as a given.  But in respect of reading posts on here, and entering into a bit of back and forth, do you prefer:

Who are the wrist slashers who want the team to lose? We have been over this numerous times haven’t we? It’s not that difficult to understand. You can be critical of aspects of how the club is run and some decision making by the club, the appointment of a novice with no management experience just at the wrong time for example. You can question posters that wanted Cocu out but are very vocal at wanting Rooney in. But come a Saturday we all want the team to do well don’t we? I certainly do and will cheer the team on regardless of who is Manager and who is picked to play.

Have just got back from a day on the lash so haven't been deliberately quiet because we won.

Like anything variety is the spice of life, what does irk me is the targetting of members whom don't fit in with the line of thinking of another poster and the stereotyping accordingly which is extremely narrow minded. 

I've still to this day resisted blocking anyone on here as the world seems a poorer place to not even to be able to be receptive to someone else's points of view, regardless of whether you agree with them or not. 

I tend to think the problem tends to be that when things are going bad the forum tends to attract a few posters who only turn up in those moments and tend to spout their opinion on all topics without even reading what anyone else has to say. So bad becomes very bad and very bad becomes chaotic.

Essentially both work aslong as posters read each other opinions and try to understand the other side of the argument to theirs. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Who are the wrist slashers who want the team to lose? We have been over this numerous times haven’t we? It’s not that difficult to understand. You can be critical of aspects of how the club is run and some decision making by the club, the appointment of a novice with no management experience just at the wrong time for example. You can question posters that wanted Cocu out but are very vocal at wanting Rooney in. But come a Saturday we all want the team to do well don’t we? I certainly do and will cheer the team on regardless of who is Manager and who is picked to play.

Actually didn’t call anyone a wrist slasher did l, and I did say only a small few aren’t happy when we win? But you are absolutely right Jimbo, no matter how many times this has been discussed, numerous, far too many to know the actual number, I still find this posting lark all very difficult to understand.

brian regan what GIF

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Actually didn’t call anyone a wrist slasher did l, and I did say only a small few aren’t happy when we win? But you are absolutely right Jimbo, no matter how many times this has been discussed, numerous, far too many to know the actual number, I still find this posting lark all very difficult to understand.

brian regan what GIF

You did use the term wrist slasher, yes ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You did use the term wrist slasher, yes ?

I actually didn’t Jimbo ? I said if we had lost there would have been lots of wrist slashing posts. You can write a wrist slashing post without being a wrist slasher. Like you can frequently consume a lot of alcohol without being an alcoholic.