What do you prefer as a Forum Reader?

i-Ram

7 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

My view is that the forum has lost all semblance of neutrality with regards to the owner/manager/players and is now just a tidal wave of negativity. The more outrageous the more obnoxious and the more personally abusive against the owner and the manager is roared on and encouraged by the baying mob, in fact I am not ITK, but there is a strong view amongst my mates that some posters could be being paid by a certain curly haired twot to demoralise our fans and players. I have a very simple rule "Do not post anything online about anyone that you would not say to their face"

Try telling Wayne Rooney to his face that you will drive the taxi so that he can eff off from the club, I would pay to see Waynes reaction to a "fan" doing that.

Fair chance he might be asleep.

26 minutes ago, David said:

I get on with Chris as far as Twitter goes, but I did find that a little bizarre. 

If I was to try and defend him I'd probably say it's boilt over frustration with the current situation as there was no this could be Umbro or the club, was straight to criticising how the club is run.

He hasn't been the only one to go off on that, some on this forum have and I've seen a few other notorious twitter posters stick their boot in as well. 

I seem to remember thinking he was reasonable before that, aye.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. When it comes to saying/doing silly things, the phrase “Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone” was probably made for me.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

8 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I joined this forum back in September last year when the number of posts was under 1 million, I don't know the exact figure but it was 9 hundred odd thousand.

We now sit at over 1.2 million so that is a minimum of 200k posts in less that 12 months. I've looked back and the oldest posts I can find are from January 2009 (the forum may have existed longer but I expect others would know more).

So from Jan 2009 to Sept 2020 there were just under 1 million posts, an average of 90k ish a year.

Since Sept 2020 up to now there have been over 200k posts so over double the average number and it would seem then that our troubles have prompted members to view and participate more than in less difficult times.

So in answer to the OP's question most people prefer to post when things are bad.

This got me curious

Sat 18th July - Man Utd game, 694 posts

Sat 24th July - Salford City game, 956 posts

Wed 28th July - Real Betis game, 1073 posts

Sun 1st August - Notts County game, 692 posts

Other games to compare against

Swansea, game before Sheff Wed 20/21, 1950 posts

Sheff Wed last game of the 20/21 season, 2833 posts

Leeds play off second leg, 1556 posts

8 minutes ago, David said:

This got me curious

Sat 18th July - Man Utd game, 694 posts

Sat 24th July - Salford City game, 956 posts

Wed 28th July - Real Betis game, 1073 posts

Sun 1st August - Notts County game, 692 posts

Other games to compare against

Swansea, game before Sheff Wed 20/21, 1950 posts

Sheff Wed last game of the 20/21 season, 2833 posts

Leeds play off second leg, 1556 posts

The only thing this analysis is missing is the dozens of ‘off-shoots’ and duplicate threads that are created after a match (e.g. lose a game - start a new thread or two about sacking the manager; an individual player makes a mistake - let’s have a thread or two on that player etc. No concrete evidence on this but my instinct would be that a defeat tends to spawn quite few related threads where people want to - shall we say - emphasise their point and don’t want it to be lost in the myriad of match thread posts.) 

How much is also down to the increased 'usage' of sociale medja through all age groups? You've created a monster!!! ?

Much prefer the forum when we've things to be positive about - hate it when it seems nothing but a bleak outlook. Everyone has their own limit, but when it seems we're not getting anywhere 'going forwards' is always the worst time for me.

At the minute even with our financial problems I can see there could be good outcomes. Others will be consumed with the financial aspects and see it very differently. So there's always going to be things to discuss.

#COYR

I'd argue that the divisive manner in which the club has been run has trickled down into the fanbase and caused it to fracture to such a point that I enjoy coming on this forum a lot, lot less.

I live 200 miles away from Derby, despite being born and raised there. This forum has always been my No.1 way to connect with fans. But controversial decision after controversial decision, be that managerial appointments, buying certain players, the sackings of both such, and the constant dipping of our toes, feet, bodies into dodgy waters has just given us all so many things to constantly disagree on. No wonder this fanbase feels more toxic and beaten up than it has for some time: it has been getting beaten up for years. 

For me, bringing Wayne Rooney in (as a player and then as a manager) was the last hammer blow on an already fractured material. I don't think it'll start to heal until the whole thing falls apart.

There are some posters on this forum who are very quick to point fingers at "wrist slashers" (horrible term) who perhaps need to have a look in the mirror and see how they themselves have contributed to this division.

Sorry for the negative overtone, but I feel negative about this club and its fanbase and it won't fix if it's ignored. 

I love the lot. Jeez who wants to live in an echo chamber. I just lurrrrrv explain to everyone, precisely why I am right .. this is quite distinct from arguing ? But if other people have a different view then fair doos. ( obvs they are either misguided or just plain wrong and I will do my best to help them which gives me great satisfaction, without which the forum would be pointless) 

yes, the occasional post can get my goat, just as the occasional opinion might make me shift a few degrees but mostly it’s chewing the cud with a gang of folk who all just want us to win games. 

Great Sikh guru once said about religion … we are all climbing the same mountain, just taking different paths.