What do you prefer as a Forum Reader?

i-Ram

36 minutes ago, David said:

How do I join, sign me up!

Seriously though, none of those options @i-Ram.

If all you have is 1 or 2 you have an echo chamber, not a forum. 

Whilst this forum was built on being friendly and having a laugh, there was no intentions to push it into a positive or negative based forum, we just let that develop naturally which is important.

We have been accused of being pro club, censored opinions, protecting Mel, yes men and being paid off, but I'd like to think that the last year has shown that is not the case at all. Yes we have rules against profanity towards ANY person connected to the club, but that's just being respectful. If you can't give your opinion without calling Rooney or whoever all names under the sun, your opinions are not wanted on this forum and we have never hidden the fact.

I'm a fairly positive person, yeah at times I push it to the extreme with a few tongue in cheek posts/topics like I'm going to close the forum after a win as it will be quiet but I'd like to think it's taken in good spirit, not looking to intentionally wind any member up.

We're going to win the league after the Betis game, I mean come on, please tell me nobody took that seriously. I'll leave that to B4 to rally the lads with.

The truth is though it is quiet after a win, I feel like we do have and it's perfectly acceptable, a small number of fans that only feel the need to vent after a loss, the same was as they would jump on Amazon to leave a bad review if the product is crap. They possibly don't see any reason to join in with Cashin looked good today when X number of others have already said the same and would prefer to down a few pints in the pub instead.

It's just how it is I guess, I tend to avoid the forum after a defeat, remember talking to @DarkFruitsRam7 after the Salford game and he was saying the same, no chance I'm off on there tonight.

Works both ways, if I'm not going to be here after a loss, I can't criticise others to be on after a win. 

We do try to weed out those that we feel are only posting content to disrupt the forum, but that's difficult to prove and can take a while to monitor their posts, I'm sure we have some now that are probably laughing as they post as they know it will annoy other members but it's extremely difficult to prove outside of Florida. 

Personally, I would love to see the balance tip more back to the positive side, not all the way as I don't think the situation warrants that, but the Rooney stuff is getting draining with the constant snipes, I can't control that though, it's just what I would like to see and others will have their own views on that which will differ.

2 minutes ago, David said:

It's just how it is I guess, I tend to avoid the forum after a defeat, remember talking to @DarkFruitsRam7 after the Salford game and he was saying the same, no chance I'm off on there tonight.

I generally skip the matchday thread and other threads that are set up after a disappointing loss. I will stick around in the sections of the forum though.

As long as there are some (crumbs of even) reasons to be optimistic I tend to latch onto them rather than the often truck load (recent) of dirge. But I am happy as long as there is a mix of the two camps on here.

I do tend to wonder how perpetual misery guts’ perceive other bits of life when a lucky win with a last minute goal tends to leave them still p1ssed off. 

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

5 minutes ago, David said:

Seriously though, none of those options @i-Ram.

If all you have is 1 or 2 you have an echo chamber, not a forum. 

Whilst this forum was built on being friendly and having a laugh, there was no intentions to push it into a positive or negative based forum, we just let that develop naturally which is important.

We have been accused of being pro club, censored opinions, protecting Mel, yes men and being paid off, but I'd like to think that the last year has shown that is not the case at all. Yes we have rules against profanity towards ANY person connected to the club, but that's just being respectful. If you can't give your opinion without calling Rooney or whoever all names under the sun, your opinions are not wanted on this forum and we have never hidden the fact.

I'm a fairly positive person, yeah at times I push it to the extreme with a few tongue in cheek posts/topics like I'm going to close the forum after a win as it will be quiet but I'd like to think it's taken in good spirit, not looking to intentionally wind any member up.

We're going to win the league after the Betis game, I mean come on, please tell me nobody took that seriously. I'll leave that to B4 to rally the lads with.

The truth is though it is quiet after a win, I feel like we do have and it's perfectly acceptable, a small number of fans that only feel the need to vent after a loss, the same was as they would jump on Amazon to leave a bad review if the product is crap. They possibly don't see any reason to join in with Cashin looked good today when X number of others have already said the same and would prefer to down a few pints in the pub instead.

Works both ways, if I'm not going to be here after a loss, I can't criticise others to be on after a win. 

We do try to weed out those that we feel are only posting content to disrupt the forum, but that's difficult to prove and can take a while to monitor their posts, I'm sure we have some now that are probably laughing as they post as they know it will annoy other members but it's extremely difficult to prove outside of Florida. 

Personally, I would love to see the balance tip more back to the positive side, not all the way as I don't think the situation warrants that, but the Rooney stuff is getting draining with the constant snipes, I can't control that though, it's just what I would like to see and others will have their own views on that which will differ.

Thanks for the reply buddy. The point I was trying to raise was which of the two positions do you find the most entertaining from a purely voyeristic pov. Posters doing their nut - venting if you like - or posters getting massively overexcited by the smallest sign of good news. I do like both, and wouldn't want anything but both, but something within my internet self gets finds greater Forum enjoyment and amusement from the posts after we have lost by one goal to Salford than the posts after winning by one goal against the Gumps.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I generally skip the matchday thread and other threads that are set up after a disappointing loss. I will stick around in the sections of the forum though.

I haven't been that active in match day threads for a while, I was on Sunday to see the backlash from the team news which still takes place despite the history of games where we went on to win.

What was more disappointing is though it was being used to setup as message to the board, attacks on Rooney, Mel for the trialists not able to sign before even listening to the post match interview where the line up will be questioned.

Not thrown out there as possibilities but almost like this was factual, the clubs a mess. I mean we even had some ranting about the lack of an away kit, creating this huge issue where we're not even the only club not to have released one yet. 

Someone later posted a screenshot from the DET with Rooney saying after the Betis game we would see a different team out on Sunday, he even confirmed this after the game it was always the intention, now you can argue you didn't see it as you couldn't face the battle of the ads on the DET, I didn't see it either, but I did offer several alternative suggestions as to why that team was picked and guess what, I pretty much nailed one.

I've been caught out in the past, but I now try to absorb whatever has come out and not fly off the handle straight away off the back of a tabloid article or tweet. I'm not perfect and probably a bit of a hypocrite as I'll do that in the football forum if it's Forest or Leeds related, but you have to understand the level of amusement I have in anything negative towards those clubs. 

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks for the reply buddy. The point I was trying to raise was which of the two positions do you find the most entertaining from a purely voyeristic pov. Posters doing their nut - venting if you like - or posters getting massively overexcited by the smallest sign of good news. I do like both, and wouldn't want anything but both, but something within my internet self gets finds greater Forum enjoyment and amusement from the posts after we have lost by one goal to Salford than the posts after winning by one goal against the Gumps.

Ahh, missed that completely and went on with another boring long post ?

Can I retract that and go back to my original answer, 1. Can't say I get any enjoyment or amusement seeing people being constantly negative and attacking the club I support. If I wanted that I would go join a Leeds forum.

Definitely 1, think back to McClaren 13/14, that season when he took over was the best atmosphere this forum had seen, that continued into the summer despite a wobble over Zamora. Everyone was more relaxed, not looking to jump on each other and start squabbles. Best time running this forum hands down, where as this time has been the worst without a doubt.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Not thrown out there as possibilities but almost like this was factual, the clubs a mess. I mean we even had some ranting about the lack of an away kit, creating this huge issue where we're not even the only club not to have released one yet. 

Seen that bloke ranting about the lack of away kit on Twitter. Imagine being a grown adult and crying about a football club being slightly late in releasing a kit.

Properly, properly embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Seen that bloke ranting about the lack of away kit on Twitter. Imagine being a grown adult and crying about a football club being slightly late in releasing a kit.

I get on with Chris as far as Twitter goes, but I did find that a little bizarre. 

If I was to try and defend him I'd probably say it's boilt over frustration with the current situation as there was no this could be Umbro or the club, was straight to criticising how the club is run.

He hasn't been the only one to go off on that, some on this forum have and I've seen a few other notorious twitter posters stick their boot in as well. 

11 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

David, you definitely said we were going to win the league and I believed you which is why I mortgaged my house and put all my money on it. If this does not now happen I expect you to rehouse me , coyr

You can have me shed. £50 a week rent and there's an outside socket you can use for your razor.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

Hope it’s a big shed I’ve got ten grandkids 

It's not that big no but we've got some outside containers that could be used as beds, won't charge you extra for those, but are they ok with spiders?

I joined this forum back in September last year when the number of posts was under 1 million, I don't know the exact figure but it was 9 hundred odd thousand.

We now sit at over 1.2 million so that is a minimum of 200k posts in less that 12 months. I've looked back and the oldest posts I can find are from January 2009 (the forum may have existed longer but I expect others would know more).

So from Jan 2009 to Sept 2020 there were just under 1 million posts, an average of 90k ish a year.

Since Sept 2020 up to now there have been over 200k posts so over double the average number and it would seem then that our troubles have prompted members to view and participate more than in less difficult times.

So in answer to the OP's question most people prefer to post when things are bad.

Edited by 24Charlie

My view is that the forum has lost all semblance of neutrality with regards to the owner/manager/players and is now just a tidal wave of negativity. The more outrageous the more obnoxious and the more personally abusive against the owner and the manager is roared on and encouraged by the baying mob, in fact I am not ITK, but there is a strong view amongst my mates that some posters could be being paid by a certain curly haired twot to demoralise our fans and players. I have a very simple rule "Do not post anything online about anyone that you would not say to their face"

Try telling Wayne Rooney to his face that you will drive the taxi so that he can eff off from the club, I would pay to see Waynes reaction to a "fan" doing that.

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Properly, properly amusing too. Not that I do Twitter. That’s for the kidz innit.

2 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

My view is that the forum has lost all semblance of neutrality with regards to the owner/manager/players and is now just a tidal wave of negativity. The more outrageous the more obnoxious and the more personally abusive against the owner and the manager is roared on and encouraged by the baying mob, in fact I am not ITK, but there is a strong view amongst my mates that some posters could be being paid by a certain curly haired twot to demoralise our fans and players. I have a very simple rule "Do not post anything online about anyone that you would not say to their face"

Try telling Wayne Rooney to his face that you will drive the taxi so that he can eff off from the club, I would pay to see Waynes reaction to a "fan" doing that.

I wish I was being paid, I could definitely do with some extra funds for some fun away trips ?