EFL regulation 24

Gringo

EFL regulation 24 covers the fielding of a weakened team in a championship league game see below,

Regulation 24 The Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches 

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

My preposition  is that if the EFL forces DCFC by means of this Embargo, to knowingly have the Rams field a weakened side at the start of the season, then they will be guilty of breaking their own regulations, and to my mind if we some months later we were able to strengthen the team, and go on a good set of results, we could seriously affect both relegation and promotion in the league.

My view is that given we only currently have without any additional players a team that will find it very difficult to get results, then the EFL is playing with fire, and for once maybe it could be Mr Gibsons team that could be adversely affected.

I am going to write to the EFL to point out they will transgress their own regulations if they do not see sense.

4 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

EFL regulation 24 covers the fielding of a weakened team in a championship league game see below,

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

My preposition  is that if the EFL forces DCFC by means of this Embargo, to knowingly have the Rams field a weakened side at the start of the season, then they will be guilty of breaking their own regulations, and to my mind if we some months later we were able to strengthen the team, and go on a good set of results, we could seriously affect both relegation and promotion in the league.

My view is that given we only currently have without any additional players a team that will find it very difficult to get results, then the EFL is playing with fire, and for once maybe it could be Mr Gibsons team that could be adversely affected.

I am going to write to the EFL to point out they will transgress their own regulations if they do not see sense.

Notts Forest always field a weak team

4 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

But "full strength" surely refers to playing the best players we have available... here at the club... registered to us... or at the very least, loaned to us.
The better players you refer to are currently registered to other teams, so we can't possibly play them.  Effectively, they don't exist, and cannot therefore be chosen to play for us.

If you write to The EFL on this, they will point and laugh at you.   

I assume it relates to who you have signed on and who is on the bench and who is in the field of play. It’s obvious some teams are weaker than others in the championship that’s why it’s so geared up for the teams coming down from the Premier League to ensure they ge back up.

I am not sure this reg is in point but I do think if they dont sort before start of season the integrity of the league is in doubt. Say Huddersfield play us on first day and win 8-0 as no CBs. We play Boro couple of weeks later (its just an example havent looked at fixtures) with CBs and draw 1-1. Huddersfield get automatic promotion finishing 2nd, one point ahead of Boro who lose in playoffs again. What will Gibson be saying/doing/threatening  then, especially if he is one of hostiles Nixon refers to? 

29 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Nahhhh we got ourselves into this mess, Mel needs to sort the embargo issues. 

We haven’t paid the tax man, I have no sympathy for us.

so far as the tax man goes, I think what may have happened is:

we are in dispute with HMRC about what is payable

HRMC understands how embargoes work and so has raised a demand (which we have of course not paid) as a negotiating ploy.  

Fair dinkum and glad they are doing their job effectively 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

I am not sure this reg is in point but I do think if they dont sort before start of season the integrity of the league is in doubt. Say Huddersfield play us on first day and win 8-0 as no CBs. We play Boro couple of weeks later (its just an example havent looked at fixtures) with CBs and draw 1-1. Huddersfield get automatic promotion finishing 2nd, one point ahead of Boro who lose in playoffs again. What will Gibson be saying/doing/threatening  then, especially if he is one of hostiles Nixon refers to? 

Now that would be amazing. I think Gibson would explode ? 

37 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

HRMC understands how embargoes work and so has raised a demand (which we have of course not paid) as a negotiating ploy.  

When you put it like that, if we don’t pay the taxman there’s little point whining about everything else.

On a positive note the team that ended the game on Wednesday looked fit, hungry and seemed to have a real togetherness.

COYR

6 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

I am surprised you wrote this. Your posts are usually factual and logical. This one isn’t 

regardless of the EFL’s actions .. we will be fielding our strongest team from the resources we have. 

53 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

In dispute about what?

I'm pretty sure I read that the amount relates to PAYE, which I think ties in with what was being said about how much MM was putting in to fund the payroll.

Not seen anything mentioned regarding a dispute with HMRC.

Just now, minesahartington said:

Actually there may be some merit in this.. if he doesn’t pick Sibbo then he is guilty of fielding a weakened team. Not sure that down to the EFL though, just Wazzer “owngoaling” again.

Oh for goodness sake talk about anyway possible to have a go at Rooney.