EFL regulation 24

Gringo

2 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Agreed. It was a lighthearted suggestion that not picking my favourite player weakens the team. Long shot to get EFL to fine us for it though. 

He’s one of my favorite players when he pulls on that  Derby shirt as are all the others. 

PS These are difficult times for the club but I still think the future will be bright with all these good young players. 

Take Max Bird Rooney loves him and so do I  

Edited by Curtains

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The adherance to this rule is the responsibility of the "Club", the club has to field the strongest side from players "the Club" has practical control over.

Of course but we are being hindered 

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In dispute about what?

I'm pretty sure I read that the amount relates to PAYE, which I think ties in with what was being said about how much MM was putting in to fund the payroll.

Not seen anything mentioned regarding a dispute with HMRC.

Dunno  but i don’t think it’s standard PAYE arrears or other clubs would be similarly affected 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Of course but we are being hindered 

That is true, but evey club could argue " we could have won the game if we have been able to field the players in the Man City side.? All Derby can do is follow the regulation and field the best team from the players they have under their control

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

It doesn't have any bearing on the current issue IMO, but it absolutely would have had bearing on the Chorley/professional-standing issue.  If I was Rooney and they hadn't gone back on that, I'd have been slightly tempted to start as close as possible to the Chorley XI in the first game and just dare them to charge us for fielding a weakened team.

7 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

EFL regulation 24 covers the fielding of a weakened team in a championship league game see below,

Regulation 24 The Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches 

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

My preposition  is that if the EFL forces DCFC by means of this Embargo, to knowingly have the Rams field a weakened side at the start of the season, then they will be guilty of breaking their own regulations, and to my mind if we some months later we were able to strengthen the team, and go on a good set of results, we could seriously affect both relegation and promotion in the league.

My view is that given we only currently have without any additional players a team that will find it very difficult to get results, then the EFL is playing with fire, and for once maybe it could be Mr Gibsons team that could be adversely affected.

I am going to write to the EFL to point out they will transgress their own regulations if they do not see sense.

The next logical progression from this logic is that because we don't have enough money or the ability to attract them - We're not fielding a full strength side by not using Ronaldo and Messi up front...

I think the EFL have been a big old bag of Bamfords to us for the last couple of years - But this is a daft argument

Am I allowed into the US yet?

7 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

EFL regulation 24 covers the fielding of a weakened team in a championship league game see below,

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

My preposition  is that if the EFL forces DCFC by means of this Embargo, to knowingly have the Rams field a weakened side at the start of the season, then they will be guilty of breaking their own regulations, and to my mind if we some months later we were able to strengthen the team, and go on a good set of results, we could seriously affect both relegation and promotion in the league.

My view is that given we only currently have without any additional players a team that will find it very difficult to get results, then the EFL is playing with fire, and for once maybe it could be Mr Gibsons team that could be adversely affected.

I am going to write to the EFL to point out they will transgress their own regulations if they do not see sense.

what the fuck GIF

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

No they are not being victimised like Derby County. 

I know we like to think like this and there's an element of it with the efl in my opinion.

However we are in this position because of our own actions over a long time.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

8 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

it wouldnt be a weakened team as we can only pick from players we have not the ones we dont have.   

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I know we like to think like this and there's an element of it with the efl in my opinion.

However we are in this position because of our own actions over a long time.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this. 

6 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

it wouldnt be a weakened team as we can only pick from players we have not the ones we dont have.   

But everyone knows we would sign reinforcements if the same EFL allowed, so whoever gets to play us after we sign will get a tougher game than if we played our current squad. There would definitely be squealing from some clubs - think Wycombe style. IMO.