v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Lionel Messi decides to sign for Derby, he goes into the changing room to find all his team mates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" He asks. "Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only Huddersfield. They're poo and we can't be bothered".

Messi looks at them and says "Well I reckon I can beat them by myself, you lads go down the pub." So Messi goes out to play Huddersfield by himself and the rest of the Derby team go off for a few beers.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the TV on. A big cheer goes up as the screen shows "Derby 1 (Messi 10 minutes) – Huddersfield 0 He is beating Huddersfield all by himself! Anyway, a few more beers later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on" They put the TV on. "Result Derby 1 (Messi 10 minutes) – Huddersfield 1 (Holmes 89 minutes).

They can't believe it, he has single handed got a draw against Huddersfield! They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate him. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down I've let you down" "Don't be stupid Lionel, you got a draw against Huddersfield all by yourself. And they only scored at the very very end!" Messi says "No, No, I have, I've let you down!. I got sent off after 12 minutes!"

Ridiculous..but amusing ?

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Not the best is it 

I actually think considering all that’s happening to Derby that’s putting people off, the economic impact of the pandemic on some people, the fact some people won’t want to be in big crowds, and people like myself who are away cause it’s august (I myself know 5 others who would be going today but are on holiday or elsewhere) …. Considering all that, I think over 20k is good going. 

If Derby get an attendance of @20k, then that will be brilliant in the circumstances, with many supporters not knowing what position the club is in, Re: finances (HMRC & FFP), player transfers, possible points deductions, takeover.

I personally know of five people who are not going today, for one reason or another, and another three who are not renewing their season tickets, if and when, they become available.

I can remember a first-game of the season attendance at the BBG was @15,000, which was looked upon as very good.

Some fans have nothing else to do but moan.

COYR's, let's get off to a flyer with some goals, a win and 3 points on the board.

28 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

13675 tickets left, should be just over 20k I expect

Brilliant, after all the negative stuff (including me) get be behind the lads Rams fans. We would all liked more signings and a takeover etc etc but life isn’t perfect and I’m at work till 9!! Cheer em on in the SS COYR ? 

31 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

13675 tickets left, should be just over 20k I expect

Considering the circumstances, that's not bad. If we start winning a few games, we sign players and season tickets become available, I expect us to return to our usual attendance of at least 25,000

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

Thank you for all the messages on the “Chris Cole” thread regarding the incoming birth of our 2nd son. We are still at the hospital but have given my match ticket to my father in law today. 

Should be in labour for the time Derby kick-off so I'll miss that but COME ON DEEERRRBYYYYY

Hope all goes well ?