Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

That’s interesting, has a ring of truth about it. The accountants would only sign off on accounts if they believed there was 12 months working capital available. I think. Anyway, big deal, Mel would just say yes I reckon 

I suggested it because I think Nixon had suggested it and was continuing to point out it was down to Mel not giving the EFL what they wanted. I presume 'assurances' were along the lines of 'show me the money'!?

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I suggested it because I think Nixon had suggested it and was continuing to point out it was down to Mel not giving the EFL what they wanted. I presume 'assurances' were along the lines of 'show me the money'!?

A lot of EFL bashing at times on here, but I presume that seeing as wages went unpaid at times last season they are loathe to let us sign more players than we need on wages that are excessive until they are sure we can/will pay them and as we also haven't submitted our accounts or paid all our bills and the owner is telling everyone he is desperate to cut his losses .... I see the logic tbh. 

Edited by Chester40

36 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

A lot of EFL bashing at times on here, but I presume that seeing as wages went unpaid at times last season they are loathe to let us sign more players than we need on wages that are excessive until they are sure we can/will pay them and as we also haven't submitted our accounts or paid all our bills and the owner is telling everyone he is desperate to cut his losses .... I see the logic tbh. 

Except there was a valid reason for the wages being late - of which the EFL were more than well aware. Just like the FA Cup game they could view it one of two ways?! Plus they've made the wages such a low amount...

Edited by RoyMac5

38 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Yes the EFL bashing just serves as an unnecessary distraction to where the blame in all this debacle should lie.

Anyhows I'm looking forward to the game upwards and onwards hopefully with a new owner and some new players (would a new manager also just be greedy)

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Interesting. If he didn’t sign yesterday due to wage restrictions, what has changed? He sounded annoyed yesterday (and unfollowing Derby) so doubt he’s changed his wage demands, which makes me wonder if we’ve agreed a higher weekly wage with the EFL. I’m probably overthinking this!!

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Interesting. If he didn’t sign yesterday due to wage restrictions, what has changed? He sounded annoyed yesterday (and unfollowing Derby) so doubt he’s changed his wage demands, which makes me wonder if we’ve agreed a higher weekly wage with the EFL. I’m probably overthinking this!!

Great. So he's only been here literally 5 minutes and he's already doing things that annoy me. ?

We'll regret this signing.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

So am I but age isn’t on his side 

There's no substitute for experience....

1. He can teach the young pups new tricks  , Anyone old enough on here to remember a certain Mr D Mackay ?

2. His experience will help us see games through to the end without headless chicken defending (see point 1 )

Yes he is getting on but I would love him in to teach the youngsters and give us a bit of steel.

5 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

1. He can teach the young pups new tricks  , Anyone old enough on here to remember a certain Mr D Mackay ?

2. His experience will help us see games through to the end without headless chicken defending (see point 1 )

Yes he is getting on but I would love him in to teach the youngsters and give us a bit of steel.

You mean like Curtis does already?

I'd be happy to have Jagielka aswell but more because we're short of numbers and he's a bit faster across the turf than Curtis.

8 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

I think he would be great at the right price. 

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Great. So he's only been here literally 5 minutes and he's already doing things that annoy me. ?

We'll regret this signing.

well at least we didn't pay anything to sign him, that's something positive.

You never know he might surprise everyone. 

Really think we need Jagielka most though.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, I may be in a minority but I am happy with this signing, because he is a class above anyone else in our team with his first touch and creativity.

Rooney stated it's up to him to get the best out of him and he thinks he can do it. I do too.

Definitely has the ability,just hope Rooney can draw on it.

Whoever the next one is we've a way to go in our spending. These figures are 'silly', I'm presuming they're true.

From the BBC Charity Shield thread "Jon Evans: The Under-Strength XI Manchester City cost £380m with £200m+ coming off the bench... Leicester XI cost £150m with £70m off the bench.."