Wycombe threaten to sue and send us into admin. if we stay up!

RoyMac5

Did we unfairly spend more than was allowable? TBC based on resubmitted P&S.

Was our accounting practice agaisnst the rules? Yes, but that is in hindsight after the LAP's decision on appeal.

Was selling PP unfair or against the rules? NO. been decided.

Should pentalties be applied on the season now finished? Only if you're Wycombe who, by coincident, would stay up.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But have we broken any rules from your point of view?

As I said before we've made herculean efforts to bend the rules which would have been easier in hindsight not to have even bothered to do in the first place for the rewards that it's levered us, another piece of crass MM management.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Would love to see a Wycombe sponsor morning.

”Thankyou very much, now for my next song its one to get up and dance to. Don’t forget to pass that cap round and the lyrics are on the tv, HIT IT!

….?Here comes my happiness again?

63D21AB0-D7C0-4B3F-A9FB-DAE6D509646C.jpeg

Now, the buffet breakfast will start at 08.15 but is limited to 5 items per person including toast and one cup of tea or coffee. The orange juice is squash. Now we must all chant the chairman's message for the day "Defund Derby County defund Derby county"

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Now, the buffet breakfast will start at 08.15 but is limited to 5 items per person including toast and one cup of tea or coffee. The orange juice is squash. Now we must all chant the chairman's message for the day "Defund Derby County defund Derby county"

To the tune of Hi Ho Silver Lining

“DEEEEEFUND Derby COUNTY”

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

said.

"So we are looking in the region of £10m-£15m of potential losses for a Derby club which, the last time I looked, is having some trouble paying its creditors.

Goodfellas GIF

They can have a round of golf with Jack Marriott(if he’s fit enough).

Edited by Coneheadjohn

49 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

'we are planning to be in the championship' 

They sound confident they will be.

I think you may have miss-heard. He said they are preparing as a championship club regardless of which division they’re in and then, I believe, went on to expand that they want to be a championship club and therefore set themselves up as such (unless there is something later in the clip I missed).

A few points for our friends at Wycombe.

1. You shouldn't even have been promoted in the first place.

2. You were in League 2 during the period that is being covered as part of our current disciplinary process.

3. Throwing around words like 'systematic cheating' isn't going to help and is most likely slanderous.

4. Enjoy League One next season, perhaps you might actually be able to earn your promotion this time instead of being handed a playoff spot on a technicality.

For what it's worth, I like Ainsworth. He seems a good bloke and I've nothing against Wycombe on the whole. Your owner can get back in his box though.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This guy cant be in possession of the facts surely? Either that or he is a total idiot!

If and I know its still and IF but if our revamped accounts still comply with FFP what cheating have we done?

Answers on a postcard..............

Just looked up ‘American Man’ in the Dictionary:

A guy who isn’t in possession of the facts

A total idiot

I understand why Wycombe are doing what they're doing but it's very bad form tbh. They're a club that has never been in the championship, went on a brilliant run towards the back end of the season and if not for gd could have  survived. Of course they want to explore every avenue to stay in the division, let's be honest they probably won't be coming back if they don't. The financial rewards for a club the size of Wycombe staying up are also considerable. So, I don't blame them fighting tooth and nail to stay in a division they've never seen before and may not see again by hook or by crook. 

However, the way they got into the playoffs on what was a bit of a dodgy ppg basis and then earned their promotion via said playoffs so they're already a bit lucky to be here in the first place. Our alleged 'cheating' (I think cheating is a bit too strong a phrase here) existed largely before the years they were even in the division itself, so the claims they're pressing are not like sheffield united's all those years ago against west ham. If they want to sue anyone for material compensation they should go and sue the EFL quite honestly. 

I think what does concern me is that all of this is building. Now it's not just the EFL who have opened this possibility but Wycombe are actively going after it too and they seem confident it could work. The confidence is what concerns me, as they must have either been told or have reason to believe this isn't a hopeless chase but they might get what they want. That or they're simply bluffing hoping to create enough pressure to force the outcome that they want. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

You know those annoying, yappy little dogs that just annoy everyone and everything in their vicinity, but you just ignore them because you know they’re only yapping for attention? 

That is literally Wycombe

The annoying, yappy little dog of the Champoinship, now back where they belong in league one. 

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I understand why Wycombe are doing what they're doing but it's very bad form tbh. They're a club that has never been in the championship, went on a brilliant run towards the back end of the season and if not for gd could have  survived. Of course they want to explore every avenue to stay in the division, let's be honest they probably won't be coming back if they don't. The financial rewards for a club the size of Wycombe staying up are also considerable. So, I don't blame them fighting tooth and nail to stay in a division they've never seen before and may not see again by hook or by crook. 

However, the way they got into the playoffs on what was a bit of a dodgy ppg basis and then earned their promotion via said playoffs so they're already a bit lucky to be here in the first place. Our alleged 'cheating' (I think cheating is a bit too strong a phrase here) existed largely before the years they were even in the division itself, so the claims they're pressing are not like sheffield united's all those years ago against west ham. If they want to sue anyone for material compensation they should go and sue the EFL quite honestly. 

I think what does concern me is that all of this is building. Now it's not just the EFL who have opened this possibility but Wycombe are actively going after it too and they seem confident it could work. The confidence is what concerns me, as they must have either been told or have reason to believe this isn't a hopeless chase but they might get what they want. That or they're simply bluffing hoping to create enough pressure to force the outcome that they want. 

Just one minor point of order, they missed out by a point as well as GD.

You can see why Wycombe want to stay up, of course, but I don't think these comments really help their situation from a professional stand point. They were in League Two in the timeframe we are getting punished. Last season we were completely potless and relied on loans to keep us going, after making a profit in the transfer window and losing many high earners. 

Saying that, Derby are one of the most derived and disliked clubs in the country at the minute thanks to how Mel has run the club, so it does spark a reaction from other supporters. I don't mind a bit of needle between clubs, but this guy seems to relish the fact we could be finished as a club.