Wycombe threaten to sue and send us into admin. if we stay up!

RoyMac5

Wycombe owner accuses Derby of 'systematic cheating' - BBC Sport

"BBC Sport has been told the EFL produced an interchangeable fixture list to allow for the entire case to run its course. Although, in accepting there is no timescale, the EFL has left open the potential for it to run beyond 7 August, when the domestic season is due to begin.

That could mean Wycombe starting life in League One before the final outcome of the case is known.

"If we don't get a decision until after we have started and we were forced to play in League One, my suspicion would be Derby would owe Wycombe for the losses we would sustain for not playing in the Championship in 2021-22 and any reasonably projected economic losses," Couhig said.

"So we are looking in the region of £10m-£15m of potential losses for a Derby club which, the last time I looked, is having some trouble paying its creditors.

"We would have an obligation to look into [suing them]. If it was the best thing for the club, yes, that is what we would do."

So he's blatant about pointing out we can't pay our creditors, but would have an obligation to sue!

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"BBC Sport has been told the EFL produced an interchangeable fixture list to allow for the entire case to run its course. Although, in accepting there is no timescale, the EFL has left open the potential for it to run beyond 7 August, when the domestic season is due to begin.

That could mean Wycombe starting life in League One before the final outcome of the case is known.

"If we don't get a decision until after we have started and we were forced to play in League One, my suspicion would be Derby would owe Wycombe for the losses we would sustain for not playing in the Championship in 2021-22 and any reasonably projected economic losses," Couhig said.

"So we are looking in the region of £10m-£15m of potential losses for a Derby club which, the last time I looked, is having some trouble paying its creditors.

"We would have an obligation to look into [suing them]. If it was the best thing for the club, yes, that is what we would do."

So he's blatant about pointing out we can't pay our creditors, but would have an obligation to sue!

If it ever got before a judge, the judge would say this was resolved by the EFL process which wycombe agrees to as part of being in the efl competition.

He doesn't like how long the process took? Lobby to change the process but that can't amount to a claim for damages.

He doesn't like the outcome of the process? see above.

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If it ever got before a judge, the judge would say this was resolved by the EFL process which wycombe agrees to as part of being in the efl competition.

He doesn't like how long the process took? Lobby to change the process but that can't amount to a claim for damages.

He doesn't like the outcome of the process? see above.

That makes it all sound so straightforward. Trust in process. 

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just shows what a stupid quote it is. What has Derby’s ability to pay it’s creditors got to do with any losses Wycombe would suffer? Also, why is he quoting potential losses “for a Derby club……”? Surely his concern is their potential losses.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd have thought the use of the phrase "systematic cheating" is actionable. We've been through a disciplinary procedure that cleared us of any wrongdoing re. the sale of the stadium, and that censured us for using unusual but entirely legal amortisation procedures. Publically accusing the club of cheating is a very serious claim, and if I was the club's lawyer I'd be writing to this bloke pretty sharpish. The EFL have already dragged our name through the mud; we don't need every other gob***te joining in.

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Somebody with limited knowledge of what has gone on, he has no more information than we have to go on.

The amortisation was a technical breach hence the fine. The asking for the accounts to be resubmitted is to ensure that we have not breached FFP, if we have then we will be charged with that and if guilty have a points deduction.

The timescales of the process above is due to the inability of the EFL to bring the right charges and do it in a timely fashion (they also previously signed off the accounts and the amortisation process).

If we are guilty of FFP we will be punished but if Wycombe need to sue anyone then it needs to be the EFL for the process not be dealt with in a timely fashion, we are not in charge of that or bringing the right charges at the right time they are.    

Oh duck off. You only got into the championship through a technicality yourselves. Wycombe weren't good enough to stay in the division, simple as that.

When this was all going on, you were probably a non League club. But now you want to jump on the bandwagon because you might have a chance of shithousing your way up again and profiting off our mistakes. Our mistakes that were cleared by the EFL years ago, which actually haven't even given us an advantage.

How about we go back to the clubs that have actually cheated and gained an advantage? What about them? Oh no let's all gang up on Derby. What a joke.